Non Investment Investments

howie

Tony suggested buying a plot of land in France on the other thread. Not necessarily in France, and anywhere you fancy applies here.

Often difficult to get in on your chosen site as we all know, but what if you bought your own small plot of land in your favorite spot that you could park up on at anytime you wanted.

Would have to be in the right location of course, not to big or expensive, easy access with low maintainence and annual costs. You could still use your motorhome for touring, but for those odd couple of days and weekend breaks this would be ideal, with no amenities needed and just some sort of boundry to mark it as private property.

Alright, so its late at night and i,m the eternal optomist, so lets have all the drawbacks.

Biggest drawback - it's a fixed place.

For me, the big thing about MHing is the nomad-like travelling.

Each day a new place, new scenery, new people, new experiences.

A fixed plot would take that away, so I'd vote against it Mr Chairman.

What do the rest of the Commitee think?

Tracker - 2007-11-29 2:24 PM

Committee? Think?

Not two words you would normally use in the same sentence surely?

Generally they do (think, that is). A lot. And discuss. And debate.

They just don't DO very well. At all.

"Avoid work, form committees"

Guest Tracker

Avoid work (at all costs)!

Become a government minister or senior civil servant and avoid responsibility too!

Wow - a real double whammy!

And get overpaid with a guaranteed pension when you cock it up.

Wow - a triple whammy!

BGD - 2007-11-29 4:13 PM

Tracker - 2007-11-29 2:24 PM

Committee? Think?

Not two words you would normally use in the same sentence surely?

Generally they do (think, that is). A lot. And discuss. And debate.

They just don't DO very well. At all.

"Avoid work, form committees"

also form partnerships and stakeholders so that the blame is spread

Well I did ask for the downside I suppose. Don,t know if you are interested, but i,ve just come across a "single site for one motorhome/tourer plus parking garage and picnic area woodland setting mains electric and water (mmm page 320 dec. edition). Not quite what I had in mind at £50,000, but I still feel this has its merits if location, cost and permission could be obtained. As with my earlier post, touring would still be the main use of the van with the plot of land for bank holidays and busy periods etc.

howie - 2007-11-30 2:50 PM

Well I did ask for the downside I suppose. Don,t know if you are interested, but i,ve just come across a "single site for one motorhome/tourer plus parking garage and picnic area woodland setting mains electric and water (mmm page 320 dec. edition). Not quite what I had in mind at £50,000, but I still feel this has its merits if location, cost and permission could be obtained. As with my earlier post, touring would still be the main use of the van with the plot of land for bank holidays and busy periods etc.

.......Make sure its not a white painted plot in the corner of Tescos car park! (lol)

Archived