Non Investment

howie

Hypothetical of course, but instead of investing £25,000, how would you spend it.

Not as easy as I thought. House and garden in good shape with everything we need already. Happy with the motorhome we have and a newish car (Picasso Richard and the wife,s choice) on the way. Children well looked after with this legacy, so need to worry about them either.

This money was left to me because my Stepmother knew it would be spent wisely, and while its there to be enjoyed, thats exactly how I would spend it.

Only thing we have come up with and agreed on at the moment is a Carribean cruise, so over to you lot and remember, wisely is the key word.

Better investement than cruising is to get a good travel agent to bolt together a personal tour over there, with flights between locations.

Should be far more fun, and save you A LOT of money, as cruises are IMHO hugely expensive for what you actually get to see/do whilst on them.

Then you'll still have lots of dosh left over to buy the Harley trike (and trailer to carry it about when touring in the MH).

Then, you can also throw a huge party next summer for all your chums here at the MMM Towers Home for the Dazed and Confused, and book THE NOMAD to provide the Live Music Entertainment.

Also book up lots of MH trips to faraway places you've never been to - maybe Eastern Europe, North Africa.

Then there's the 8 week long holiday/tour to Thailand/Burma etc - we went there earlier this year, and it's just a totally amazing place (outside of Bangkok). Amazingly good value once you get there.

Ummm......then there's the sponsorship of THE NOMAD's new Bose complete PA system, pretty please.

Reckon that'll about do it for ya Howie.

howie - 2007-11-27 7:27 PM

Funny how money brings the family closer together "Bro".

That's odd - I had a distinct recollection that what drove us APART last time we discussed our neglected relationship was me pointing out that, while I was the taller and better-looking twin, you were the one with the money.

Would you like to look up the old thread, bro, or shall I?

Tony

Guest Tracker

Buying a property abroad can be fun but it can also be a real pain in the bum, as can the ongoing costs and paperwork formalities.

Whatever you buy abroad there will always be language and distance barriers too and unless you intend to live in an overseas home for a large part of the year I personally would rather have the freedom of not being tied to the same place for my holidays.

Spending money wisely has never been one of my strong points but maybe some home improvements that will stand you in good stead as you get older and less inclined to do the work are worthy of consideration?

New windows, fascias, guttering etc., if they will need to be done are high on the list of future stress reducing buys as are up dating insulation and central heating systems. Maybe even redecorating inside and out?

At least with capital expenditure of that nature you not only see something for your cash but it adds value to your home and makes life easier and more comfortable.

A trip to Oz to see my niece and we would hire a MH to go up the coast (she lives in Brisbane) and back again. A few days in Sydney and perhaps an internal flight to Perth to see an old mate who retired out there a few years back.

We would then want to go onto NZ for a week or two - we have friends there who say we should move out.

Looking at the grey skies here - it seems ever more tempting.

If I went I may not come back!

Has anyone else heard the story of people from the UK going out to OZ, buying a MH and just driving about, no ties, no hassle “no worries”.

Sounds bloody good to me.

IT'S ME - 2007-11-27 7:52 PM

do i need to reply or have you got it in "hand" ;-)

All in hand Chops, and that registered envelope will be with you shortly. ;-)

Along with Father Christmas and the Tooth Fairy. He he he.

Better looking Tony?. I think the other users would beg to differ when comparing our avatars thank you very much.

That trip to Oz sounds good. and with relatives in Canada as well deserves consideration.

Overseas property is out. to expensive and to much hassle. Put the clock back 20 years though and I might give it a go.

Fluffy socks! You really know how to mess up a man Mel. Find that emotional weak spot and go for the kill.

Perhaps you should all think on a slightly smaller scale and go for a number of less expensive but more varied outlays. Karen mentioned a 50in telly the other day which would be ideal for all the sport shows I enjoy and having Twooks as my financial adviser might help, but then again maybe not.

Hello namesake,

We went for the first time ever to Oz to see relations who live just outside Perth, all 9 of them. Then we hired a small Oz built Winebago to go along the coast to Esperance and back. It all went so quick. They were all so nice, we loved it so much. If it wasnt for the familly back here etc we would be very very tempted to have stayed out there. Nice people, nice country and SPACE. Fantastic trucks and wild life.

For more nature piccies and a couple of video clips goto

http://www.aqwc55.dsl.pipex.com/Nature%20notes%20Australia.htm

2086011760_MytribeinOz.jpg.a242ee481b45e4139b267d17a1511d5f.jpg

1202274933_Operahouse.jpg.be9a800f51a91fe33eaed097c8c66efb.jpg

howie - 2007-11-27 11:15 PM

Better looking Tony?. I think the other users would beg to differ when comparing our avatars thank you very much.

Watch it, bro - if you're not careful one of the girls will start a voting thread - and the rejection could deal a further mortal blow to your self-image! :-D :-D

Tony

You just had to do it didn't you Clive!

I have just got back into the office after a couple of meetings, sat down with a cuppa, listed all the work I have to get done, had a sly peek at the forum and there are your fantastic pictures of OZ!

That is what I want to do!!!!

Well thanks a bunch you bugger!!!!

How the hell am I supposed to concentrate on work now??

(lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol)

Guest Tracker
howie - 2007-11-27 11:21 PM

Re-decorating. New facia boards. Updating insulation. Watch you don,t overdose on excitement Richard. 8-)

Get the basics right and your future secure Howie, then enjoy life secure in the knowledge that, as you get older, you will have NO financial and NO property maintainence worries.

Might be dull but it is stress free!

Yer pays yer money and yer takes yer choice - but once it is gone it is gone!

Howie - Maybe take up with a nubile 18 year old pole-dancer girlfriend on the sly?

:-D

You'll blow that sort of money on her fairly quickly though...........

:-(

But what a year you'd have to look back on!!!

:D

Archived