North/South divide

Vic

Having only been a motorhome user since March, I consider that I have visited a fair number of sites since then. If you were to draw a line from, say the Wash, directly West and take at look at the sites that I've been to, you may find some odd differences in the ablutions blocks.

I have found that South of the line, the showers are plentiful but seem to be operated by a push button that will give you x amount of time and then you have to push it again. North of the line, I have found that the showers seem to be fewer, but you can just turn them on and have as much water as you want. Saying that the showers seem to be fewer, there apparently seems to be more cubicles containing just a basin. So, do those in the North favour a 'stand up wash' rather than a shower?

This is probably a silly thread, but, on my part, just an observation.

T' trouble wi' showers is ther' i'n't enough room fer t' keep t' coil in them. Baths are much better (lol)

Seriously, from our experience it depends on the type of site. Caravan Club are a similar standard throughout the country. Facilities at other sites seem to vary depending how much owners spend on them.

Graham

What I have noticed, there seems to be more sites 'up north' that have a meter on, the worst of which are those which require a token to operate, only time I've been 'happy' to pay for showers was on Jura where at time camping was free near Hotel but you paid to use facilities, not sure if its still the same now.

the tortoise - 2007-09-22 6:37 PM

I think that perhaps people in South have higher standards of hygiene than those in the North.

Absolutely true.

I have a bath twice a year even if still clean from the last one. Yer can't be too careful.

J9withdogs - 2007-09-23 9:59 AM

Spoke like a real man, Graham :D

Absolutely - mind you we did have a lie in after the long day at York so I'm running a bit late today.

The washing up is all done, the dinner is on and the cream cleaner is applied to the bath to soak for a while before washing off. Haven't had time to do the ironing yet though - but will before lunch :-D

Graham

Thai Bry - 2007-09-23 7:22 AM

So that's why there's a water shortage in the south then!!!

Thai

Given the number of times the water of the Thames is "recycled" there is probably an appropriate response - but perhaps not for a family forum such as this :D Graham

GJH - 2007-09-23 9:42 AM

Ralph - 2007-09-22 9:35 PM

Absolutely true.

I have a bath twice a year even if still clean from the last one. Yer can't be too careful.

You mean it's necessary to clean the bath from time to time? 8-)

Graham

'course not, I'm a married man :-S :-S

J9withdogs - 2007-09-23 12:13 PM

The thing I hate is recycled toilet paper - how many people have used it before? *-)

That's why some sites ban blue toilet fluid. It makes it impossible to recycle 'cos of the dye.

Err.. yes OK, I'll go and have a nice lie down...

Ralph - 2007-09-23 3:29 PM

GJH - 2007-09-23 9:42 AM

Ralph - 2007-09-22 9:35 PM

Absolutely true.

You mean it's necessary to clean the bath from time to time? 8-)

Graham

'course not, I'm a married man :-S :-S

Would you care to edit this post before your 30 minutes is up - as in, that's the time you have left to live if you don't edit this post Ralph :D

J9withdogs - 2007-09-23 3:31 PM

Would you care to edit this post before your 30 minutes is up - as in, that's the time you have left to live if you don't edit this post Ralph :D

Duh, what I really meant to say, of course, is that as a "modern man" I always clean the bath and do everything in my power to make life sweet for the light of my life etc.

Is that OK Janine?

I'm nothing, if not an abject coward :-S

Archived