Not Birdbrain!

Conrad

thebishbus - 2020-01-30 8:45 AM

I think any plan that left a Jewish state in Judea ? Roman Judea?Palestina ?Palestine?Israel ?.Would not be acceptable to the militant Palestinians . After all they want the destruction of the Jewish State.

Brian B.

The Jewish state have done a good job of destroying the Palestinian state.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/trump-peace-plan-will-likely-extend-decades-old-conflict-analysts-n1125456

A peace plan that only involves one side is not a plan at all.

Conrad - 2020-01-29 10:16 PM

Just thought it was time someone else posted a thread!

It's not just Birdbrain. There are just four prolific posters on here, which is an indication of how moribund this forum is. Pelmetman had the largest number of posts I think, judging from his count. Birdbrain and Bulletguy are next followed by Barry999.

Banning Pelmetman was a silly mistake. He stimulated lots of discussion and without him it's now boring. It appears that the person behind his ban, Fast Pat , doesn't even come on here any more. He did make an idiot of himself though, with his empty threats about legal action. In my view, the biggest deterrent to others is John52, with his constant obsession with the monarchy and desire to divert every thread into an anti-royalty rant.

So you'll be pleased to learn that I'm off too. My main battle lately was against the rabid and almost religiously-radicalised EU supporters for whom any objection to their beliefs is seen as heresy.

But they're irrelevant now. We've won, they've lost, so it's all over and I no longer care about their constant gross exaggerations about the death of the UK after we leave the bloated empire that they worship.

Happy days are here again! Bye.

FunsterJohn - 2020-01-30 11:18 AM

Conrad - 2020-01-29 10:16 PM

Just thought it was time someone else posted a thread!

It's not just Birdbrain. There are just four prolific posters on here, which is an indication of how moribund this forum is. Pelmetman had the largest number of posts I think, judging from his count. Birdbrain and Bulletguy are next followed by Barry999.

Banning Pelmetman was a silly mistake. He stimulated lots of discussion and without him it's now boring. It appears that the person behind his ban, Fast Pat , doesn't even come on here any more. He did make an idiot of himself though, with his empty threats about legal action. In my view, the biggest deterrent to others is John52, with his constant obsession with the monarchy and desire to divert every thread into an anti-royalty rant.

So you'll be pleased to learn that I'm off too. My main battle lately was against the rabid and almost religiously-radicalised EU supporters for whom any objection to their beliefs is seen as heresy.

But they're irrelevant now. We've won, they've lost, so it's all over and I no longer care about their constant gross exaggerations about the death of the UK after we leave the bloated empire that they worship.

Happy days are here again! Bye.

If you are going I would like to say goodbye dear friend ... I feel like I've known you most of my life and that life will now be a much lonelier place ... BTW I am told by others old Flacid was banned ... It is a rather dreary place now ... Only 747 and yaself have any sort of sense of humour and any attempt at humour with most of em is beyond them ... Farewell my friend xxx KAGA xxx

I wasn’t aware of the existence of the Motorhome Fruitcakes Forum that has evidently been running since 2013.

http://motorhomefruitcakes.freeforums.net/

There are now two long threads that have recently been moved into ‘quarantine’ from the Chatterbox forum. My understanding is that the first of those threads resulted in Pelmetman's and Fast Pat’s forum accounts being terminated, and it is plain from the content of the second thread that further forum members are heading for the chop if they continue savaging each other.

The Chatterbox forum was originally created in 2006 to filter off discussions that had no relevance to the other Out&AboutLive forums. It has met that objective well enough, but the availability of the free-to-join ‘Fruitcakes’ forum means that Chatterbox could now be dispensed with without any real loss. Getting rid of Chatterbox would avoid Moderators having to monitor it and minimise the likelihood of forum members being banned.

As the 'Fruitcakes’ forum seems to tolerate almost any user-behaviour however crass, why bother with Chatterbox when ‘Fruitcakes’ would permit current Chatterbox users to really slag each other off with no risk of repercussions?

Chatterbox ... Chat about anything and everything it says ... Seems you cant though ... We have members who dont like certain subjects been chatted about and when they see those certain subjects that Chatterbox says we can chat about they subject other members to vile never backed up with proof insults and name calling , happens all the time ... Dave is a loss to the site , FastPat not ... As for that Fruitcakes I cant see the appeal of it , I looked in once only to find members flaunting nudity , foul language , an EU flag and a midget

Derek Uzzell - 2020-01-30 1:59 PM

I wasn’t aware of the existence of the Motorhome Fruitcakes Forum that has evidently been running since 2013.

There are now two long threads that have recently been moved into ‘quarantine’ from the Chatterbox forum. My understanding is that the first of those threads resulted in Pelmetman's and Fast Pat’s forum accounts being terminated, and it is plain from the content of the second thread that further forum members are heading for the chop if they continue savaging each other.

The Chatterbox forum was originally created in 2006 to filter off discussions that had no relevance to the other Out&AboutLive forums. It has met that objective well enough, but the availability of the free-to-join ‘Fruitcakes’ forum means that Chatterbox could now be dispensed with without any real loss. Getting rid of Chatterbox would avoid Moderators having to monitor it and minimise the likelihood of forum members being banned.

As the 'Fruitcakes’ forum seems to tolerate almost any user-behaviour however crass, why bother with Chatterbox when ‘Fruitcakes’ would permit current Chatterbox users to really slag each other off with no risk of repercussions?

I don't think you could take the heat Derek. :D

The name 'Fruitcake' was used purposefully. If you look at it closely you will see that we are all mates with a robust sense of humour. ;-)

Delve a bit deeper and you will find that we are all experienced motorhomers, many of us ran successful businesses (some still do) and we have a good skill set between us. The only subject we actively avoid is .... motorhomes. :D

Derek Uzzell - 2020-01-30 1:59 PM

Give over Derek! We already have Dave Pelmet as a Chatterbox Refugee (oh the irony) now spouting off over there about Brexit, we dont need more! Well unless they are prepared to not to take any of it seriously. (lol)

I think Chatterbox was doing quite nicely really although I think you know my thoughts on that. Its just a bunch of grumpy old codgers (Well except me and Mr Birdbrain who are the young good looking ones) knocking lumps out of each other over politics and stuff. Most forums have a section like that. I think most of the chatterbox members know each other and enjoy the robust debate with a bit of Hollywood drama thrown in. I would prefer to see both recently banned members reinstated. I never saw anything that warranted them being chucked.

Archived