Oasis gig

nightrider

Oasis are performing at Manchesters Heaton Park which is nearby me, I went past the park this morning on the way to a job and it was chaotic.

There must have been hundreds of bouncers and event staff there, all throwing their weight about, as I was approaching the park on Bury New Road one of these event persons jumped out at me waving his arms about like a windmill saying you can't go down there the road is closed.

I told him the road closes officially at 9 30pm until 2am and down that road I am going and put my foot down and nearly knocked him down with the trailer, as far as I am concerned Mrs Woolfes 50 quid job comes before any Oasis gig.

davenewell@home - 2009-06-04 9:02 PM

Ooohh Malc, You're so big and strong and clever, I'd never think of running someone over just because they said the road ahead was closed!

D.

dave,

It wasn't because he said the road was closed, it was because Bury Old Road was the quickest route to Mrs Woolfes 50 quid.

All the pubs round there had closed off their car parks to their regulars and erected signs saying Oasis gig car park £10.

knight of the road - 2009-06-04 9:11 PM
davenewell@home - 2009-06-04 9:02 PM Ooohh Malc, You're so big and strong and clever, I'd never think of running someone over just because they said the road ahead was closed! D.
dave, It wasn't because he said the road was closed, it was because Bury Old Road was the quickest route to Mrs Woolfes 50 quid. All the pubs round there had closed off their car parks to their regulars and erected signs saying Oasis gig car park £10.

Bloody hell Malcolm, have a word with the pub landlords up there, when there is a big group on at the MK "Bowl" the local pubs charge a minimum £20 for parking.... 

Archived