Oh Lordy ... Or maybe another Lordy

antony1969

antony1969 - 2018-11-19 4:41 PM

Imagine the flip side and a Church of England type going and reciting The Lords Prayer in a Mosque without permission ... Carnage ... https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6402535/Imam-recites-Muslim-call-prayer-Church-England-cathedrals-Armistice-concert.html

Tony, Tony..........why are you so angry, Tony? Nobody give you a hug this morning, Tony?

Guest pelmetman
blaven - 2018-11-19 8:51 PM

Imagine the flip side and a Church of England type going and reciting The Lords Prayer in a Mosque without permission ... Carnage ... https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6402535/Imam-recites-Muslim-call-prayer-Church-England-cathedrals-Armistice-concert.html

Tony, Tony..........why are you so angry, Tony? Nobody give you a hug this morning, Tony?

Ooooh another defender of the indefensible to play with :D .........

I trust you've read the Koran so you know what you're talking about? ;-) .........

blaven - 2018-11-19 8:51 PM

This fellas a comedy genius ... Our very own Roger De Courcey ... Maybe more Nookie Bear though

You seem to have failed to understand that permission was given to the Blackburn Music Society to perform The Armed Man by Karl Jenkins which contains a second movement that includes the call to prayers. The Imam was there at the invitation of the music society on the advice of an interfaith forum. It was the Dean who didn't know that it was included in the piece.

It was rather fitting in view of the subject matter

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/nov/12/forgotten-muslim-heroes-fought-for-britain-first-world-war

And you can hear a great recording of it on youtube...it's rather beautiful

PJay - 2018-11-20 11:57 AM

So glad you act as a moderator Violet!

Some of "The Boys" on here , need moderating! Just as well we have a WOMAN in charge of the Brexit

PJay

Hi PJay, or should I call you sister! Hope you are well and it's not too chilly down South. I am warming to TM, Having been given one of the most difficult jobs a PM has ever had to face and on top of it all she has the sniping and backstabbing to deal with.

Guest pelmetman

Some of "The Boys" on here , need moderating! Just as well we have a WOMAN in charge of the Brexit

PJay

We will if Labour wins the next election 8-) .........

Although the "Bearded Lady" is deffo a communist :D ........

Guest pelmetman
Violet1956 - 2018-11-20 1:21 PM

PJay

Hi PJay, or should I call you sister! Hope you are well and it's not too chilly down South. I am warming to TM, Having been given one of the most difficult jobs a PM has ever had to face and on top of it all she has the sniping and backstabbing to deal with.

Pah!........she wants to try a week on Chatterbox (lol) .........

pelmetman - 2018-11-20 2:30 PM

Violet1956 - 2018-11-20 1:21 PM

PJay

Pah!........she wants to try a week on Chatterbox (lol) .........

(lol)

Violet1956 - 2018-11-20 10:18 AM

You seem to have failed to understand that permission was given to the Blackburn Music Society to perform The Armed Man by Karl Jenkins which contains a second movement that includes the call to prayers. The Imam was there at the invitation of the music society on the advice of an interfaith forum. It was the Dean who didn't know that it was included in the piece.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/nov/12/forgotten-muslim-heroes-fought-for-britain-first-world-war

Thanks for posting that article Veronica. Respect to Belgian guy Luc Ferrier who certainly has his mind right.

Ferrier, who is not a Muslim, said: “The far-right and Islamophobia is on the rise throughout Europe. Our project is about making all people across the continent understand that we have a shared history. This is not about politics or colonialism. We are simply presenting the facts because this is a story that the whole of Europe needs to know.

Well said Mr Ferrier.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2018-11-20 4:28 PM

Thanks for posting that article Veronica. Respect to Belgian guy Luc Ferrier who certainly has his mind right.

Ferrier, who is not a Muslim, said: “The far-right and Islamophobia is on the rise throughout Europe. Our project is about making all people across the continent understand that we have a shared history. This is not about politics or colonialism. We are simply presenting the facts because this is a story that the whole of Europe needs to know.

Well said Mr Ferrier.

I wonder if he's read the Koran? :-| .........

The Daily Hate Mail did it again by quoting, perhaps selectively, the Dean’s statements. If he truly believes he has anything to regret then he’s an idiot and the Archbishop of Canterbury should call him in for some re-education. What this amounts to, if fully and accurately reported (and that must be a big “if”), is a report on what may amount to no more than a few grumbles from an ignorant minority of ill-informed philistines. What an insult and disservice it is to the Imam who went along as a willing and invited guest. Just doing his bit and showing his respect the sacrifice of all those who lost their lives in the Great War including followers of his faith.

Guest pelmetman
Violet1956 - 2018-11-20 5:13 PM

The Daily Hate Mail did it again by quoting, perhaps selectively, the Dean’s statements. If he truly believes he has anything to regret then he’s an idiot and the Archbishop of Canterbury should call him in for some re-education. What this amounts to, if fully and accurately reported (and that must be a big “if”), is a report on what may amount to no more than a few grumbles from an ignorant minority of ill-informed philistines. What an insult and disservice it is to the Imam who went along as a willing and invited guest. Just doing his bit and showing his respect the sacrifice of all those who lost their lives in the Great War including followers of his faith.

Obviously you haven't read the Koran either have you Veronica? *-) .........

If you want to read serious hate.......read the Koran........rather than just swallow their victimhood spin ;-) .........

It's only a 114 chapters :D ........

https://www.clearquran.com/

Btw that's the sanitized version.......not the more colorful Arabic version that they recite in our mosques on a daily basis :-| ..........

I don't see that Imam's presence in this instance was a anything to do with hate Dave regardless of what you say is in the Koran. . As far as I am aware you're not accepted by anyone to be a Koranic scholar of any note so I don't feel inclined to accept whatever your selective reporting of its contents are to be representative of what all Muslims take to be the tenets that are central to their own faith. It is not a faith I share but I know some good Muslims who do not deserve be treated automatically as morally inferior to anyone who follows any other religion or none.

Guest pelmetman
Violet1956 - 2018-11-20 5:55 PM

I don't see that Imam's presence in this instance was a anything to do with hate Dave regardless of what you say is in the Koran. . As far as I am aware you're not accepted by anyone to be a Koranic scholar of any note so I don't feel inclined to accept whatever your selective reporting of its contents are to be representative of what all Muslims take to be the tenets that are central to their own faith. It is not a faith I share but I know some good Muslims who do not deserve be treated automatically as morally inferior to anyone who follows any other religion or none.

60% anti "nonbelievers" is hardly selective reporting ;-) ......

Perhaps your right and they only preach the other 40% in their mosques :-| .......

I get the feeling you don't want to know the truth? :D .........

Read it.......and then you can take me to the virtual cleaners >:-) ........

If I'm wrong..........

pelmetman - 2018-11-20 4:46 PM

Well said Mr Ferrier.

i wonder if you read the article? I doubt you even opened the link. *-)

You and I have discussed this before ad nauseam Dave I doubt whether anyone wants to read a rehash of our disagreements.

If you need a bit a cheering up its 3 degrees C here in Blighty and dark soon after 4.30pm. Just look on the brightside of life while you can. As the sun is well over the yardarm I've soothed myself with a glass of vino and I've got the dinner on. Cheers.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2018-11-20 6:48 PM

Well said Mr Ferrier.

I don't need to open a link ;-) .......I've read the actual words from their Prophet :-| ....

Guest pelmetman
Violet1956 - 2018-11-20 6:52 PM

You and I have discussed this before ad nauseam Dave I doubt whether anyone wants to read a rehash of our disagreements.

If you need a bit a cheering up its 3 degrees C here in Blighty and dark soon after 4.30pm. Just look on the brightside of life while you can. As the sun is well over the yardarm I've soothed myself with a glass of vino and I've got the dinner on. Cheers.

So what are you "Actually" afraid of Veronica? ;-) .........

That I may be right? 8-) ........

pelmetman - 2018-11-20 7:00 PM

Right now I am afraid that this will not be one of the best dinners I've ever cooked.

Guest pelmetman
Violet1956 - 2018-11-20 7:17 PM

Right now I am afraid that this will not be one of the best dinners I've ever cooked.

What was it? :-S ........Did I not mention I do all the cooking now days :D .........

Whilst putting the world to rights ;-) ........

My better half is currently knitting whilst watching a cowboy in Spanish, ........

She's watched it so many times in English the language is irrelevant :-> ........

I've already done the washing up........dontcha just hate us right wing Tories B-) ..........

pelmetman - 2018-11-20 6:56 PM

Bulletguy - 2018-11-20 6:48 PM

Well said Mr Ferrier.

I don't need to open a link ;-) .......I've read the actual words from their Prophet :-| ....

Just because trump dishonours the war dead doesn't mean you have to.

pelmetman - 2018-11-20 7:30 PM

What was it? :-S ........Did I not mention I do all the cooking now days :D .........

My better half is currently knitting whilst watching a cowboy in Spanish, ........

She's watched it so many times in English the language is irrelevant :-> ........

I've already done the washing up........dontcha just hate us right wing Tories B-) ..........

Oi! Bellman, ‘Ows it going Bellman? No one to bore in the bar, mate? Have you emptied it again with your mindless drivel, mate? Careful now Bellman, it looks like you’re talking to a clever woman who, quite frankly doesn’t seem to be much bothered by your demented ramblings. Back to your cans of Tennent’s Extra and the Western for you. With a bit of luck and by lengthening your attention span slightly, you might pick up some of that foreign lingo. Save you having to shout in the Supermercado at them in English eh? I bet you’re a brilliant advert for us Brits with the locals. Hope they don’t think we’re all like you. Did you remember to hang the dishcloth up to dry, or do you use one of those soapy pads that get manky after a wee while? Fascinating.

Guest pelmetman
blaven - 2018-11-20 9:26 PM

pelmetman - 2018-11-20 7:30 PM

Oi! Bellman, ‘Ows it going Bellman? No one to bore in the bar, mate? Have you emptied it again with your mindless drivel, mate? Careful now Bellman, it looks like you’re talking to a clever woman who, quite frankly doesn’t seem to be much bothered by your demented ramblings. Back to your cans of Tennent’s Extra and the Western for you. With a bit of luck and by lengthening your attention span slightly, you might pick up some of that foreign lingo. Save you having to shout in the Supermercado at them in English eh? I bet you’re a brilliant advert for us Brits with the locals. Hope they don’t think we’re all like you. Did you remember to hang the dishcloth up to dry, or do you use one of those soapy pads that get manky after a wee while? Fascinating.

Thanks Blatherin ;-) .......That's the third time today I've logged off.......and popped you up again :D .........

You remind me of someone called Frank >:-) ..........

Archived