Oh dear......that must be Brexits fault........

Guest pelmetman

Guest pelmetman

:D ..........

"Germany has downgraded economic forecast from 3.5 per cent to 2.5 per cent

Supply chain issues and rising energy prices hurt manufacturing, minister said

He spoke as RIshi Sunak said UK will grow 6.5 per cent, defying expectations

Economists have put rapid growth down to UK's world-beating vaccine programme, which was rolled out faster than the EU's"

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10136801/Germany-slashes-growth-forecast-just-2-6-Brexit-Britain-grows-6-5.html

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"The news a much-needed boost for the UK, which suffered one of the deepest Covid recessions of any major economy last year.

A whopping 9.8 per cent of GDP was erased in 2020, according to World Bank figures, while the German economy only slipped 4.9 per cent. "

Why do you think the UK had, according to your Daily Mail article, "one of the deepest Covid recessions of any major economy last year."?

Guest pelmetman
CurtainRaiser - 2021-10-27 6:29 PM

A whopping 9.8 per cent of GDP was erased in 2020, according to World Bank figures, while the German economy only slipped 4.9 per cent. "

So why isn't Germany out performing the UK??? ;-) .........

It's not like they can blame Brexit is it? >:-) .........

(lol) (lol) (lol) ..............

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2021-10-27 7:23 PM

pelmetman - 2021-10-27 7:17 PM

Do you seriously think it isn't?

Who's economy is predicted to be back to prepandemic levels first? ;-) .........

I'll give you a clue >:-) .........

It's not Germany (lol) (lol) (lol) ..........

pelmetman - 2021-10-27 7:27 PM

Who's economy is predicted to be back to prepandemic levels first? ;-) .........

a prediction *-)

which, even if true, would still leave Germany out performing UK

By a mile

pelmetman - 2021-10-27 7:27 PM

UK GDP 2019 was 2.17 Trillion pounds, in 2021 forecast 2.06 Trillion pounds that is a loss of 110 billion pounds.

EU GDP 2019 was 13.97 trillion euros and forecast in 2021 is 14.7 trillion euros despite losing the UK from it’s gdp this year.

Every country in the EU has a higher gdp than 2019, only Brexit UK is failing.

Sunak opens his mouth and lies come out, the UK is a failing state with a failing Government.

Birdbrain - 2021-10-28 6:26 AM

Imagine being disappointed that the country you live in is recovering much quicker from the pandemic financial hit than forecast ... Lordy

No I can't imagine that

All I can see is people pointing out Government lies

Whilst you attack the messenger because you don't like the message.

Imagine being disappointed that the country you live in is recovering much quicker from the pandemic financial hit than forecast ... Lordy

Imagine being disappointed that the level of numeracy in this country is so low that two members of this forum can't understand that if you fall back further to a lower starting point, its then possible to "recover more quickly" and still be behind your comparators.

Some of us don't need any imagination, we have to deal with it on a daily basis.

Guest pelmetman

Especially when Germany has no excuse for NOT bouncing back faster than Brexit Blighty >:-) ........

There's gonna be a lot of Sour Kraut Lovers on here when we reach pre Pandemic economic levels ahead of Germany (lol) (lol) (lol) ..........

pelmetman - 2021-10-28 9:21 AM

There's gonna be a lot of Sour Kraut Lovers on here when we reach pre Pandemic economic levels ahead of Germany (lol) (lol) (lol) ..........

There are only about 6 people who regularly contribute on Chatterbox these days Dave - so I don't think there will be a " LOT " of Sauer Kraut lovers ( or lovers of any other kind of food ).

( There's not even enough contributors to make a up reasonable sized ' squad ' )

;-)

Especially when Germany has no excuse for NOT bouncing back faster than Brexit Blighty >:-) ........

Based on a forecast? I always think you should look at previous forecasts to determine how much weight they merit.

IMG_20211027_230750.jpg.be6f291659f9973a6cf496cf8dcdd379.jpg

Guest pelmetman
CurtainRaiser - 2021-10-28 9:57 AM

Based on a forecast? I always think you should look at previous forecasts to determine how much weight they merit.

So the OBR has a history of getting their forcasts wrong? ;-) ........

Best tell the Daily Bumwipe and Joke52 (lol) (lol) (lol) .........

Guest pelmetman
malc d - 2021-10-28 9:50 AM

There are only about 6 people who regularly contribute on Chatterbox these days Dave - so I don't think there will be a " LOT " of Sauer Kraut lovers ( or lovers of any other kind of food ).

( There's not even enough contributors to make a up reasonable sized ' squad ' )

;-)

Well I guess you can actually blame that on Brexit :D ..........

If certain folk had been able to accept the result of a democratic referendum then CB wouldn't have become the LOSER cesspit that it has *-) .......

BTW did you know you only need 5 apple trees to qualify as having a orchard ;-) ..........

pelmetman - 2021-10-28 10:38 AM

BTW did you know you only need 5 apple trees to qualify as having a orchard ;-) ..........

No, I didn't know that Dave.

So, we don't have enough people on Chatterbox to form your imaginary " squad " -

- but we do have enough to form an imaginary " orchard "

;-)

pelmetman - 2021-10-27 5:55 PM

Economists have put rapid growth down to UK's world-beating vaccine programme, which was rolled out faster than the EU's"

I thought I'd try a simplified presentation to help Dave across the finishing line. :-)

Lets say both Germany and the UK started off with £100.

So, after losing 9.8% initially the UK had £90.20. Then, if (if!) it grows that £90.20 by Sunak's forecast 6.5%, it will end up with £96.10.

Germany, OTOH, lost only 4.9% and consequently had £95.10. Then, if (if!) it grows that £95.10 by the forecast 2.5%, it will end up with £97.50.

Question: who came out best - UK or Germany?

Brian Kirby - 2021-10-28 11:54 AM

I thought I'd try a simplified presentation to help Dave across the finishing line. :-)

So, after losing 9.8% initially the UK had £90.20. Then, if (if!) it grows that £90.20 by Sunak's forecast 6.5%, it will end up with £96.10.

Germany, OTOH, lost only 4.9% and consequently had £95.10. Then, if (if!) it grows that £95.10 by the forecast 2.5%, it will end up with £97.50.

Yeah but no but yeah but yeah, Sovrunty, Gettin ar Cuuntry back n all that innit. (lol)

Guest pelmetman

So considering they had less of a knock than Blighty ;-) ........

Question:......Why are "They" predicting that their economy will get back to pre pandemic levels after the UK??? :D ........

They can't blame Brexit can they? >:-) ........

I notice as usual he's ducked out of answering that simple question as it doesn't suit his Germanophobic narrative. :-|

Guest pelmetman
pelmetman - 2021-10-28 1:31 PM

Question:......Why are "They" predicting that their economy will get back to pre pandemic levels after the UK??? :D ........

Brian Bump :D ............

pelmetman - 2021-10-28 6:32 PM

pelmetman - 2021-10-28 1:31 PM

Brian Bump :D ............

Maybe because the head of their forecasting body isn't looking to a knighthood when he retires so is more realistic in his forecasts?

Archived