You are logged in as a guest. 
  Home Forums Home  Search our Forums Search our Forums    Log in to the Forums Log in to the Forums  register Register on the Forums  

Forums ->  General Chat -> Chatterbox
Jump to page : First 1 2 3 4 5 6 NextLast
Format:  Go
Oh deary deary me!
AuthorMessage
userBarryd999
Posted: 10 January 2022 4:50 PM
Subject: Oh deary deary me!

The special one

I never thought I would post a "Sun" link or even an article from Piers Morgan.

This has got to be the most damaging press coverage for Johnson in his entire shambles of a premiership. Surely thats the end of him now.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/17268563/boris-johnson-shambles-quit-piers-morgan-uncensored/
userGremlin
Posted: 10 January 2022 5:33 PM
Subject: RE: Oh deary deary me!

Keeps coming back for more

I often ponder how on earth it is that the political choices we have to choose from are so dire?

In the US air was Trump or Clinton - surely the hair cut was a giveaway for Trump? And all you had to do with Clinton was to look at the dodgy campaign funding channeled through her and her “have a cigar my dear” husbands charity. This broke all the rules but rules are for little people, right?

Here we had Corbyn or Boris - again, how can you ignore that hair?

As for Corbyn - a brilliant tactical manipulator and agitator - but he was well out of his depth when presented with actual responsibility.

And just to be clear - I voted Remain - but it does make me laugh that those most vehement to our leaving the EU now want VAT removed from utility bills - which is only now a possibility as we are no longer part of the EU.

Could you make all this up?
userBarryd999
Posted: 10 January 2022 5:48 PM

The special one

Labour should have binned Corbyn in 2017 but of course back then he did far better than the "powers that be" expected and became the peoples hero, especially with the young. He was even on at Glastonbury. So the hatchet job from those who actually decide our leaders began and of course was a roaring success helped by his inept stance on Brexit.

The media moguls and Tufton street mob decide our leaders of course which is why they are so crap or in the case of Johnson exceptionally crap. Useful idiots maybe until (as in Johnsons case) they are no longer useful. It remains to be seen who they put in power next but democratic, it certainly isn't.

Looks like some EU countries are pulling the stops out to help with the energy crisis, it remains to be seen what happens here. VAT was just 5% on domestic energy anyway so in the great scheme of things as they are now no big shakes.

https://www.thenational.scot/news/19813493.energy-bills-5-european-countries-limiting-skyrocketing-costs-citizens/
userCurtainRaiser
Posted: 10 January 2022 5:55 PM

Forum master

"And just to be clear - I voted Remain - but it does make me laugh that those most vehement to our leaving the EU now want VAT removed from utility bills - which is only now a possibility as we are no longer part of the EU."

The reason they are asking for it is to embarrass the government, Johnson promised to do away with it during the campaign, together with £350 million a week for the NHS. So I think it is quite right for the opposition to ask why these Brexit benefits aren't being delivered.
userpelmetman
Posted: 11 January 2022 8:59 AM

Walks with the gods

Barryd999 - 2022-01-10 4:50 PM

This has got to be the most damaging press coverage for Johnson in his entire shambles of a premiership. Surely thats the end of him now.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/17268563/boris-johnson-shambles-quit-piers-morgan-uncensored/

Oh dreary dreary me ...........

You do know that if Boris gets the push.......The Tories will still be in power? .........

Keep on Hating & Hoping ............
userGremlin
Posted: 11 January 2022 9:17 AM

CurtainRaiser - 2022-01-10 5:55 PM

"And just to be clear - I voted Remain - but it does make me laugh that those most vehement to our leaving the EU now want VAT removed from utility bills - which is only now a possibility as we are no longer part of the EU."

The reason they are asking for it is to embarrass the government, Johnson promised to do away with it during the campaign, together with £350 million a week for the NHS. So I think it is quite right for the opposition to ask why these Brexit benefits aren't being delivered.

So the opposition is embarrassing the Government by pushing for something that would not have been possible if the opposition had been in power?

Not a wise move:-

“Never interrupt your opponent when he is making a mistake”

userCurtainRaiser
Posted: 11 January 2022 9:25 AM

Forum master

Gremlin - 2022-01-11 9:17 AM

So the opposition is embarrassing the Government by pushing for something that would not have been possible if the opposition had been in power?

Its called holding people to account. It quite literally is the role of the opposition and the actions of a Independent press.
userGremlin
Posted: 11 January 2022 9:26 AM

pelmetman - 2022-01-11 8:59 AM

You do know that if Boris gets the push.......The Tories will still be in power? .........

And we only have to wait until 2024 before we can have our day. Personally from the last popularity poll that I saw (3rd Jan - 2000 people by Redfield and Wilton) I am amazed given what has happened of late that Starmer got 38% and Johnson 35%

Usually mid-term figures are far worse for the party in power.
userGremlin
Posted: 11 January 2022 9:32 AM

CurtainRaiser - 2022-01-11 9:25 AM

Its called holding people to account. It quite literally is the role of the opposition and the actions of a Independent press.

I totally agree that the Press should be all over this like a rash. However Starmer is not doing himself any favours by advertising the fact that Boris could (and most certainly should IMO) remove VAT from utility bills which is an option that would not even been an option for him if Starmer (who was against Brexit) was PM and we were still in the EU.

The problem about holding “others to account” is that it really does work both ways.
userBarryd999
Posted: 11 January 2022 9:50 AM

The special one

Really? Oh I thought they would all clear off and go home.

There is a risk of course that the Tufton street mob could put in a bonkers puppet like Liz Truss but Im not sure even they would get away with that. My money would be on Rishi and I can live with that for now but your hero has to go as he is a disgrace and a totally despicable human being. He has dragged this country into the gutter and we are the laughing stock of the world as a result. Worse than that his horrendous handling of the pandemic, the lies and corruption are unforgivable. Not only do I want him gone, I want him locked up but ill settle for the former for now. Anyone (like you) still supporting this clown after everything he has done needs to take a good long look at themselves.
userGremlin
Posted: 11 January 2022 9:58 AM

Barryd999 - 2022-01-11 9:50 AM

There is a risk of course that the Tufton street mob could put in a bonkers puppet like Liz Truss but Im not sure even they would get away with that. My money would be on Rishi and I can live with that for now but your hero has to go as he is a disgrace and a totally despicable human being. He has dragged this country into the gutter and we are the laughing stock of the world as a result. Worse than that his horrendous handling of the pandemic, the lies and corruption are unforgivable. Not only do I want him gone, I want him locked up but ill settle for the former for now. Anyone (like you) still supporting this clown after everything he has done needs to take a good long look at themselves.

I can remember people saying exactly the same about Tony Blair. The words are much the same just the originating “tribe” differs.

And I suspect Boris will end up in the upper house as well.
userCurtainRaiser
Posted: 11 January 2022 10:03 AM

Forum master

Gremlin - 2022-01-11 9:32 AM

CurtainRaiser - 2022-01-11 9:25 AM

I totally agree that the Press should be all over this like a rash. However Starmer is not doing himself any favours by advertising the fact that Boris could (and most certainly should IMO) remove VAT from utility bills which is an option that would not even been an option for him if Starmer (who was against Brexit) was PM and we were still in the EU.

The problem about holding “others to account” is that it really does work both ways.

If someone stands on a mandate that they will save people money if you vote for their policy, it is reasonable for the opposition to remind the electorate that a promise is being broken. That's how it works.
userBarryd999
Posted: 11 January 2022 10:15 AM

The special one

Gremlin - 2022-01-11 9:58 AM

I can remember people saying exactly the same about Tony Blair. The words are much the same just the originating “tribe” differs.

Have I got this right? You are comparing Boris Johnson to Tony Blair? Blair was popular, he won three elections. I am surprised Johnson has lasted as long as he has to be honest. Probably only because the new baby Tory red wall voters were so heavily invested in him and Brexit they were in denial for so long but only a total idiot would continue to support him now.
userGremlin
Posted: 11 January 2022 10:24 AM

Barryd999 - 2022-01-11 10:15 AM

Have I got this right? You are comparing Boris Johnson to Tony Blair? Blair was popular, he won three elections. I am surprised Johnson has lasted as long as he has to be honest. Probably only because the new baby Tory red wall voters were so heavily invested in him and Brexit they were in denial for so long but only a total idiot would continue to support him now.

But Blair falsified the document on WMD. Hoon, the then defence minister now says Blair wanted him to destroy the document that outlined that the war would be illegal.

Blair sent soldiers to their death in a war zone as all they had was Land Rovers from the streets of Belfast.

IMO Blair is a war criminal.

IMO Boris is a buffoon

So no, I am not saying the two are directly comparable. Blair’s crimes are infinitely greater.

Edited by Gremlin 2022-01-11 10:24 AM
userBarryd999
Posted: 11 January 2022 11:26 AM

The special one

Gremlin - 2022-01-11 10:24 AM

But Blair falsified the document on WMD. Hoon, the then defence minister now says Blair wanted him to destroy the document that outlined that the war would be illegal.

Blair sent soldiers to their death in a war zone as all they had was Land Rovers from the streets of Belfast.

IMO Boris is a buffoon

So no, I am not saying the two are directly comparable. Blair’s crimes are infinitely greater.

Hmm. A war in which both the public and both sides of the house supported. I find it somewhat ironic that the very people who are now frothing at the mouth and seething about his knighthood will have been itching for it all to kick off in Iraq sat with their popcorn watching the first bombs fall live on TV.

This is not about Blair anyway or any other Prime Minister from the last century its about Johnson. Pelmet will be along in a minute to try and find a way to blame Jeremy Corbyn.

Blair is gone, Corbyn has gone, Brexit is (supposedly) done, the focus is now on Johnson and whether he is fit to run this country which of course he is not.
userGremlin
Posted: 11 January 2022 11:33 AM

Barryd999 - 2022-01-11 11:26 AM

Gremlin - 2022-01-11 10:24 AM

IMO Boris is a buffoon

Hmm. A war in which both the public and both sides of the house supported. I find it somewhat ironic that the very people who are now frothing at the mouth and seething about his knighthood will have been itching for it all to kick off in Iraq sat with their popcorn watching the first bombs fall live on TV.

This is not about Blair anyway or any other Prime Minister from the last century its about Johnson. Pelmet will be along in a minute to try and find a way to blame Jeremy Corbyn.

Blair is gone, Corbyn has gone, Brexit is (supposedly) done, the focus is now on Johnson and whether he is fit to run this country which of course he is not.

You can’t re-write history because the facts don’t fit you narrative.

Classic “move along please - nothing to see there! - please ignore recent relevant history - it does not fit with want I want you to know.

Blair deliberately falsified documents and took us to an illegal war.
userpelmetman
Posted: 11 January 2022 11:36 AM

Walks with the gods

So just as I thought .........

It's all about LOSER vengence ........

Don't bother looking in the mirror......it'll prolly crack ...........
userCurtainRaiser
Posted: 11 January 2022 11:50 AM

Forum master

A few facts:

Blair is guilty of war crimes.

Johnson is guilty of theft and corruption. And thousands of unnecessary deaths.

Pelmethead hasn't got any windows.

userGremlin
Posted: 11 January 2022 12:02 PM

CurtainRaiser - 2022-01-11 11:50 AM

A few facts:

Agreed

I would simply add that Blair too is guilty of thousands of deaths
userCurtainRaiser
Posted: 11 January 2022 12:04 PM

Forum master

Gremlin - 2022-01-11 12:02 PM

Agreed

Yes that tends to go with being a war criminal.
userGremlin
Posted: 11 January 2022 12:10 PM

CurtainRaiser - 2022-01-11 12:04 PM

Gremlin - 2022-01-11 12:02 PM

Agreed

Yes that tends to go with being a war criminal.

Indeed - but it still needs to be said.
userpelmetman
Posted: 11 January 2022 12:28 PM
Subject: RE: Oh dreay dreay me!

Walks with the gods

A few facts:

A few more ........

Blair is guilty of Lying to start a illegal war ..........

Boris is guilty of making mistakes in a Pandemic, just like Italy, Spain, France, Germany etc etc .......

CurtainTWITcher still hasn't got any balls .........
userJohn52
Posted: 11 January 2022 12:31 PM

The special one

Bit of a stretch to claim Johnson has 'got Brexit Done' when you see how much there is still to do.
But what I found most offensive was giving Johnson credit for the vaccine rollout. A friend of mine is an ex nurse, now wheelchair bound and seriously disabled and was one of the thousands of volunteers who gave their time for nothing to help with the vaccine rollout.
She is skint and working for nothing, whilst Johnson defends his overpaid MPs taking bungs and £300 billion of our money spaffed away on useless stuff. People are only starting to wake up to that now they are looking at a tax hike - that will take 20 years to pay it back.
People like her have simply been ignored whilst Johnson claims the credit.

Edited by John52 2022-01-11 12:36 PM
userCurtainRaiser
Posted: 11 January 2022 12:32 PM

Forum master

Gremlin - 2022-01-11 12:10 PM

As does Johnson's record of 175,000

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/jan/11/uk-covid-death-toll-ons

Seems the only person without blood on their hands is Pelmethead.
userpelmetman
Posted: 11 January 2022 12:40 PM

Walks with the gods

CurtainRaiser - 2022-01-11 12:32 PM

Gremlin - 2022-01-11 12:10 PM

As does Johnson's record of 175,000

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/jan/11/uk-covid-death-toll-ons

Seems the only person without blood on their hands is Pelmethead.

So what about the 20 European countries who's death rates are worse than ours? ........

Surely they must be even worse murderers? ..........

Got any balls yet? ...........

Edited by pelmetman 2022-01-11 12:41 PM
userGremlin
Posted: 11 January 2022 12:54 PM

pelmetman - 2022-01-11 12:28 PM

A few facts:

A few more ........

Blair is guilty of Lying to start a illegal war ..........

Boris is guilty of making mistakes in a Pandemic, just like Italy, Spain, France, Germany etc etc .......

CurtainTWITcher still hasn't got any balls .........

You make two good points then spoil it with a personal insult.

I would add to the first two points that I find it strange that the PM’s of country’s that have higher death rates per million inhabitants do not invoke same the angry attacks.

It is not a crime to make a genuine mistake

It is a crime to falsify documents such that soldiers lost their lives due to inadequate equipment and civilians lost their lives on the false premise (a KNOWN FALSE PREMISE) that their country harboured WMD’s

Clear legal advice that the war was illegal was ignored.

In contrast with the pandemic, the advice has been arbitrary and certainly in the early days based upon a knowledge base that was incomplete.

userBarryd999
Posted: 11 January 2022 1:46 PM

The special one

John52 - 2022-01-11 12:31 PM

Bit of a stretch to claim Johnson has 'got Brexit Done' when you see how much there is still to do.
But what I found most offensive was giving Johnson credit for the vaccine rollout. A friend of mine is an ex nurse, now wheelchair bound and seriously disabled and was one of the thousands of volunteers who gave their time for nothing to help with the vaccine rollout.
She is skint and working for nothing, whilst Johnson defends his overpaid MPs taking bungs and £300 billion of our money spaffed away on useless stuff. People are only starting to wake up to that now they are looking at a tax hike - that will take 20 years to pay it back.
People like her have simply been ignored whilst Johnson claims the credit.

Of course Brexit is not done and of course Johnson deservers no credit for the Vaccine roll out but Im kind of glad Piers never went down that road. Had he done so Sun readers would have closed ranks and just put it down as a bitter remoaner rant. What he has done is much better as its exposed to his not so bright supporters just how much he has taken the piss out of them and what a lying toad he is without risking degrading their desperately important Brexit "win". Im pretty sure its why Starmer has played it canny on slagging of Brexit. Slowly slowly catch the monkey.
userBarryd999
Posted: 11 January 2022 1:49 PM

The special one

pelmetman - 2022-01-11 11:36 AM

Just as you "thought"? Thats an oxymoron if ever I saw one. You think wrong of course. Revenge for what? Brexit? Screwing the country over? Corruption? Lies? Failing to protect the country from Covid? The list goes on and on.
userGremlin
Posted: 11 January 2022 2:18 PM

Barryd999 - 2022-01-11 1:49 PM

pelmetman - 2022-01-11 11:36 AM

Just as you "thought"? Thats an oxymoron if ever I saw one. You think wrong of course. Revenge for what? Brexit? Screwing the country over? Corruption? Lies? Failing to protect the country from Covid? The list goes on and on.

People are allowed differing viewpoints.

As for failing to protect the country from Covid - to be honest, by giving the go ahead and putting up the cash rather than delaying everything as the EU did by trying to drive down costs - I would say that if you think Boris is guilty in this regard than so is every country in the world and most certainly China.

And you can add the EU to that by as I point out above, delaying the vaccine distribution to its member States and their populations because they wanted to save a few € was not a good decision.

Nor was invoking Article 16 when they realised they had made a monumental cook up.
userBulletguy
Posted: 11 January 2022 5:22 PM

Walks with the gods

Barryd999 - 2022-01-11 11:26 AM

This is not about Blair anyway or any other Prime Minister from the last century its about Johnson.

Unlike Corbyn Johnsons voting record shows he consistently voted in favour of the invasion of Iraq and Pelmet was certainly among those glued to their televisions in excitement.

Blair is just a smokescreen used by hypocrites who forget we were Americas obedient little poodle.
Jump to page : First 1 2 3 4 5 6 NextLast
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)(Return to Homepage)

Any problems? Contact the administrator