Old Age

Syd

Funny Sayings and Quotes about Old Age

"Old age is the most unexpected of all the things that happen to a man." - Leon Trotsky

"Few people know how to be old." - François de la Rochefoucauld

"Don’t let aging get you down. It’s too hard to get back up." - John Wagner

"I guess I don’t mind so much being old, as I mind being fat and old." - Peter Gabriel

"Age mellows some people; others it makes rotten." - Anonymous

"The spiritual eyesight improves as the physical eyesight declines." - Plato

"Old age is like a plane flying through a storm. Once you’re abroad, there’s nothing you can do." - Golda Meir

"Old age takes away what we’ve inherited and gives us what we’ve earned." - Gerald Brenan

"Middle age ends and senescence begins, the day your descendant’s outnumber your friends." - Ogden Nash

"At middle age the soul should be opening up like a rose, not closing up like a cabbage." - Anonymous

"A diplomat is a man who always remembers a woman’s birthday but never remembers her age." - Anonymous

"The secret of staying young is to live honestly, eat slowly and lie about your age." - Lucille Ball

"Old age is the most unexpected of all the things that happen to a man." - Leon Trotsky

"The great thing about getting older is that you don't lose all the other ages you've been." - Madeleine L'Engle

"Old age is not so bad when you consider the alternative." - Maurice Chevalier

"I’m 59 and people call me middle aged. How many 118 year old men do you know?" -Barry Cryer

"As you get older three things happen. The first is your memory goes, and I can't remember the other two..." - Sir Norman Wisdom

"Middle Age is when your age starts to show around your middle." - Bob Hope

"There is absolutely nothing to be said in favor of growing old. There ought to be legislation against it." - Patrick Moore

"When I was young I was called a rugged individualist. When I was in my fifties I was considered eccentric. Here I am doing and saying the same things I did then and I'm labeled senile." - George Burns

"You know you're getting old when you can pinch an inch on your forehead." - John Mendoza

"As you get older, the pickings get slimmer, but the people don't." - Carrie Fisher

"As we grow older, our bodies get shorter and our anecdotes longer." - Robert Quillen

"People say that age is just a state of mind. I say it's more about the state of your body." - Geoffrey Parfitt

Guest Tracker
602 - 2009-08-19 3:37 PM

Hi,

Everybody will advise you about how to live longer. But it only adds a bit on the end, not in the middle.

You may well find that the 'extra bit in the middle' grows naturally when you aren't watching!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived