Operation Moonshot

Bulletguy

It's probably another silly tag dreamt up by Cummings but Johnsons "Operation Moonshot" and 10 million tests a day has become something of an embarrassment. Yesterday in Bolton, Britains 'Covid capital' apparently, anyone trying to get a test couldn't as they were 'fully booked', so locals that went to see were somewhat puzzled to find centre staff walking around with nothing to do and not a customer in sight anywhere!

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/sep/15/boris-johnson-was-warned-over-covid-moonshot-testing-plan

It certainly is embarrassing ... if all those people with **** for brains had listened to advice they would not be in this situation. It amuses me that the Government is getting stick for the explosion of people desperate to be tested. Perhaps they should have stayed away from the Pubs and Beaches. *-)

I saw a document the other day that showed huge quantities of the tests were not even being analysed and just ending up in the bin. I cant even be arsed to find it again now. The catalogue of errors is just never ending, you lose count.

World beating?

Even the Spectator has them "All at sea" today.

Barryd999 - 2020-09-16 6:23 PM

I saw a document the other day that showed huge quantities of the tests were not even being analysed and just ending up in the bin. I cant even be arsed to find it again now. The catalogue of errors is just never ending, you lose count.

World beating?

Apparently it's been contracted out to private companies which say's it all. *-)

747 - 2020-09-16 5:45 PM

It certainly is embarrassing ... if all those people with **** for brains had listened to advice they would not be in this situation. It amuses me that the Government is getting stick for the explosion of people desperate to be tested. Perhaps they should have stayed away from the Pubs and Beaches. *-)

Much safer outdoors

Risk far higher indoors with people sitting facing each other

Nevertheless, people were shamed for going to the beach, and encouraged - even treated with our money - to go to the pub

Eat out to help out BoJo Brexit supporter Tim Martin, boss of Wetherspoon etc *-)

The private companies can’t cope with the quantity of tests that need analysing. These are the ones given the nod by Boris.

NHS labs have practically no analysing to do as most other medical illnesses like cancer, eye problems etc are not being seen in hospitals. NHS Doctors are saying it’s a joke.

And if you actually need a test ...you can’t get one.

I know of a child who had a coughing fit at school. She was immediately isolated in an empty classroom her brother at the school was rounded up and also put in the classroom. A table was put across the doorway and her parents were called to take her home and not to come back unless she had a negative test.

The parent rang around and finally managed to get someone to arrange a test.....200 miles away.

She then wrote her problem on Facebook and was told to ring at a certain time when slots were released.

Managed to get one about 20 miles away ,had the test done...analysed 48 hrs later and it was....negative.

She just had a coughing fit.

John52 - 2020-09-16 6:48 PM

Much safer outdoors

Nevertheless, people were shamed for going to the beach, and encouraged - even treated with our money - to go to the pub

Eat out to help out BoJo Brexit supporter Tim Martin, boss of Wetherspoon etc *-)

Safer outdoors...unless you are in Padstow. Thousands within 1 m of each other.

The government is getting the stick for not dealing with it. It was predictable,inevitable and all we get is no,no,no don’t wear masks......wait a mo....wear masks. Go out in the country....no,no,no,don’t do that.

They have had ample time to sort out testing,but still cock it up. Good job it wasn’t a serious virus.

Guest pelmetman

World beating?

Cant be arsed? ;-) ............

Or it never existed *-) .........

More Fake News from the BBC......Barry Bullsh*t Corperation >:-) ............

maxresdefaultmuttley.thumb.jpg.9c22402907f94959b69beac6071d8184.jpg

jumpstart - 2020-09-16 7:40 PM

John52 - 2020-09-16 6:48 PM

Much safer outdoors

Safer outdoors...unless you are in Padstow. Thousands within 1 m of each other.

Still safer outdoors because their airborne virus far more likely to be blown away

By far the greatest risk is people indoors, facing each other, talking, for an extended time, losing their inhibitions with alcohol..

I spoke to a guy who had just been to the pub and asked him what about coronovirus - he said Oh thats all finished now - thats the impression they get when the Government is encouraging them to go back to the pub

Eat out to catch Covid

We could have got the R number back above 1 without spending £billions

But Bojo is tackling the virus like an election - the only thing he is good at - spin and populist stunts

pelmetman - 2020-09-17 8:13 AM

World beating?

Even the Tory loving Sun has reported on it. https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/12656428/thousands-coronavirus-tests-never-analysed-backlog/

World beating they say!! Moonshot they say! (lol)

Even the Spectator, Express and Torygraph are turning on Johnson now. What a fecking joke.

As I understand it the government promised in excess of 240,000 tests per day by the end of September, they are currently achieving around 237,000 tests per day and still rising.They are now promising to do even better as resources and facilities become available, so what more should reasonably be expected? Making stupid negative statements is easy, and I suppose it's what we have come to expect of journalists and politicians and those who take too much notice of what they say, but if we the public at large could take a little time to think about these things instead of assuming that if it's in the papers it must be true, we might see the picture more clearly. A friend had a poster on his office wall showing an intrepid explorer wading through a swamp, surrounded by crocodiles, and bearing the legend " when you're up to your arse in crocodiles it can be difficult to remember that the your primary function is to drain the swamp!" Try to not be a crocodile.

Barryd999 - 2020-09-17 10:15 AM

pelmetman - 2020-09-17 8:13 AM

World beating?

Even the Tory loving Sun has reported on it. https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/12656428/thousands-coronavirus-tests-never-analysed-backlog/

World beating they say!! Moonshot they say! (lol)

Even the Spectator, Express and Torygraph are turning on Johnson now. What a fecking joke.

Anything not pro-Johnson is 'fake news' to loons like Pelmet as all they're interested in is Brexit.

Archiesgrandad - 2020-09-17 11:39 AM

As I understand it the government promised in excess of 240,000 tests per day by the end of September, they are currently achieving around 237,000 tests per day and still rising.They are now promising to do even better as resources and facilities become available, so what more should reasonably be expected? Making stupid negative statements is easy, and I suppose it's what we have come to expect of journalists and politicians and those who take too much notice of what they say.......

Half a million a day by the end of October.....Johnson himself said that;

Then again only a couple of weeks ago he was saying ten million a day despite being warned against setting such a target. But as a pathological liar he cannot help himself yet his followers hang onto his every word. Why do they? :-S

As I understand it the government promised in excess of 240,000 tests per day by the end of September, they are currently achieving around 237,000 tests per day and still rising.

They are now promising to do even better as resources and facilities become available, so what more should reasonably be expected?

So far they have PROMISED to put a protective ring around care homes - and introduce a world beating track and trace system a couple of months ago - neither promise was kept.

(Almost half of the people who died of the virus were in care homes ).

It's always possible that they may one day keep a promise, but why would anyone rely on them about anything ?

The motto of a town I used to live in was " Judge us by our deeds "

Same applies to politicians - it's deeds that count - not words.

:-|

It's the number of test RESULTS, delivered in good time, that counts - not just how many are tested.

jumpstart - 2020-09-16 7:38 PM

NHS labs have practically no analysing to do as most other medical illnesses like cancer, eye problems etc are not being seen in hospitals. NHS Doctors are saying it’s a joke.

Same old problem

Everything has been contracted out in sleazy deals,

and they can't do the job.

malc d - 2020-09-17 12:52 PM

As I understand it the government promised in excess of 240,000 tests per day by the end of September, they are currently achieving around 237,000 tests per day and still rising.

They are now promising to do even better as resources and facilities become available, so what more should reasonably be expected?

The motto of a town I used to live in was " Judge us by our deeds "

Same applies to politicians - it's deeds that count - not words.

:-|

It's the number of test RESULTS, delivered in good time, that counts - not just how many are tested.

Agree Malc but first they have to get tests done to get any results and they've made a complete pigs ear of the former with some folk being told to travel over 300 miles away. or tests simply not being available when reality is the test centre folks are hanging around waiting for the queues that never come.

Johnson just has to waffle a few daft phrases like "ramping it up" and "10 million a day" and his followers lap it up. He says he did not 'recognise' the figure of 10 million tests a day, which was reported from government documents after he boasted about the plan on live TV.

He needs his own track and trace system to document all his lies so his controller can check which ones he's told and when before programming him and wheeling him out for media performances.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/boris-johnson-squirms-away-10-22694567

As I understand it the government promised in excess of 240,000 tests per day by the end of September, they are currently achieving around 237,000 tests per day and still rising.They are now promising to do even better as resources and facilities become available, so what more should reasonably be expected? Making stupid negative statements is easy, and I suppose it's what we have come to expect of journalists and politicians and those who take too much notice of what they say, but if we the public at large could take a little time to think about these things instead of assuming that if it's in the papers it must be true, we might see the picture more clearly. A friend had a poster on his office wall showing an intrepid explorer wading through a swamp, surrounded by crocodiles, and bearing the legend " when you're up to your arse in crocodiles it can be difficult to remember that the your primary function is to drain the swamp!" Try to not be a crocodile.

I’ve taken a little time to think......and have come to the conclusion that the press is more likely to be accurate than the government. The government have made a lot of stupid promises and seem to be incapable of any joined up thinking.

The government’s own site shows different figures to those you quote but I’m surprised that you are content with this.

There were pictures of 4 test centres completely empty in this mornings press.

The NHS own labs are underused at the present.

The swamp in Westminster certainly needs to be drained.....roll on Kier Starmer.

Guest pelmetman
jumpstart - 2020-09-17 3:17 PM

I’ve taken a little time to think......

That's a novelty ;-) ........

I see my post has caused a feeding frenzy among the forums pond life >:-) ......

That's just my view as the village idiot :D ........

maxresdefaultmuttley.thumb.jpg.42dd8970abc172ae940bdd468079ebef.jpg

pelmetman - 2020-09-17 5:23 PM

I see my post has caused a feeding frenzy among the forums pond life >:-) ......

? Your post on what exactly?

Agreed.

Guest pelmetman
jumpstart - 2020-09-17 6:35 PM

pelmetman - 2020-09-17 5:23 PM

? Your post on what exactly?

Agreed.

Try looking Ooop Norf ;-) .........

What you agree that I'm the village idiot? :D .........

Or your views are worth the same? >:-) .......

P1010992.JPG.5b941ce3ffdc6815c5e3479bc9fa0a27.JPG

I was going to suggest that perhaps you needed to give a little more time to thinking before responding, but on second thoughts I suspect it might take you rather longer than that, perhaps you could give a little more thought to the crocodiles and swamps reference, and also ask yourself if you really believe that McCluskie and friends would really allow Kier Starmer a free hand to run the country.

AGD

Archiesgrandad - 2020-09-17 11:47 PM

I was going to suggest that perhaps you needed to give a little more time to thinking before responding, but on second thoughts I suspect it might take you rather longer than that, perhaps you could give a little more thought to the crocodiles and swamps reference, and also ask yourself if you really believe that McCluskie and friends would really allow Kier Starmer a free hand to run the country.

AGD

Is it any worse than allowing Cummings to run the country?

Archived