Opposition to lifting lockdown

John52

Seems most people are against lifting the lockdown

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/may/02/fearful-britons-oppose-lifting-lockdown-schools-pubs-restaurants-opinium-poll

and with the taxpayer borrowing the money to pay uneconomic hotels, restaurants, and pubs which were about o go bust even before coronovirus, people furloughed on full-pay etc - how is the Government going to get them back to work before we reach the stage where they can't borrow any more money to pay them.

Italy wants to reopen because the italian taxpayer is not funding uneconomic restaurants etc

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its a tricky one. I hate to say it but I fear the current death toll from this is nothing compared to where it will end up until a vaccine is found. The economy has to get moving at some point though as not to do so will kill even more ultimately. Its a bit like going over the top in WW1.

I doubt there’ll be much appetite for going out & about from us comfortable pensioners and the many others who face no economic pressures to do so until there is a vaccine or a cure but there will be some who are desperate to get back to earning a living somehow, including some who are vulnerable. My cousin’s son is self- employed and falls outside the Government support mechanisms, so he doesn’t have much choice.

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2020-05-03 10:14 AM

Its a tricky one. I hate to say it but I fear the current death toll from this is nothing compared to where it will end up until a vaccine is found. The economy has to get moving at some point though as not to do so will kill even more ultimately. Its a bit like going over the top in WW1.

Except the UK death rate in WW1 was 895,000 :-| ...........

Which puts Chinky Flu into context doesn't it? ;-) ........

The virus's ability to kill people is crap when compared to our near neighbours 8-) .........

Guest pelmetman
StuartO - 2020-05-03 11:09 AM

I doubt there’ll be much appetite for going out & about from us comfortable pensioners and the many others who face no economic pressures to do so until there is a vaccine or a cure but there will be some who are desperate to get back to earning a living somehow, including some who are vulnerable. My cousin’s son is self- employed and falls outside the Government support mechanisms, so he doesn’t have much choice.

If this had happened Forty years ago and I'd been furloughed..... I'd be earning a fortune getting 80% of my wages and working in the fields ;-) ..........

Yet the bulk of the Snowflake generation appear to prefer to sit on their backside and complain about their mental state *-) ........

Then figure in chlorinated chicken , Brexit food and drug shortages and we really are in the cr@p , just like anyone who uses a public bin after John

Its a tricky one.

Certainly is

How did we get here?

Didn't anyone think how they would persuade people to re-open pubs and restaurants to certain bankruptcy, when the taxpayer is paying them to do nothing?

All the flowers in the parks are dying for lack of water, the lady emptying the public bins in the park says there is no gardening going on,only her to do the one in Redruth and 3 in Falmouth, everyone else is furloughed on full pay. They aren't going to go out fruit picking or anything else are they.

I don't know of any other country who is bailing out pubs and restaurants who are obviously never going to make a profit again - many of them were uneconomic even before coronovirus.

I can only guess BoJo is doing it so they can keep paying the rent - rentiers are the only ones who are not being asked to make sacrifices.

pelmetman - 2020-05-03 11:33 AM

The virus's ability to kill people is crap when compared to our near neighbours 8-) .........

Near neighbours?

We are only at the start of this war though sadly.

By the way your constant referral to "Chinky Flu" just makes you look like a tit.

John52 - 2020-05-03 1:34 PM

Its a tricky one.

Certainly is

How did we get here?

Didn't anyone think how they would persuade people to re-open pubs and restaurants to certain bankruptcy, when the taxpayer is paying them to do nothing?

All the flowers in the parks are dying for lack of water, the lady emptying the public bins in the park says there is no gardening going on,only her to do the one in Redruth and 3 in Falmouth, everyone else is furloughed on full pay. They aren't going to go out fruit picking or anything else are they.

I don't know of any other country who is bailing out pubs and restaurants who are obviously never going to make a profit again - many of them were uneconomic even before coronovirus.

I can only guess BoJo is doing it so they can keep paying the rent - rentiers are the only ones who are not being asked to make sacrifices.

See you're still out and about then - you bloody hypocrite!

Perhaps people will have a valid concern, knowing - untested, selfish plonkers like you have been roaming free far and wide.

I wonder if that nice cornish maid knows what you put in public bins?

You're a fecking disgrace Coco - I really hope you get collared at some point for your actions, it would be no more than you deserve.

Go home you spineless waste of space.

Barryd999 - 2020-05-03 1:43 PM

Near neighbours?

By the way your constant referral to "Chinky Flu" just makes you look like a tit.

Whats wrong exactly with "Chinky flu" ??? ... Whats upsetting you so

pelmetman - 2020-05-03 11:37 AM

StuartO - 2020-05-03 11:09 AM

If this had happened Forty years ago and I'd been furloughed..... I'd be earning a fortune getting 80% of my wages and working in the fields ;-) ..........

Yet the bulk of the Snowflake generation appear to prefer to sit on their backside and complain about their mental state *-) ........

Yes, that's a bit of a problem, going to be crops rotting in the fields. I know, we could bring workers in from........oh bugger, we can't, not allowed, some not so bright sparks thought we need to stop people coming over here doing the jobs Brits don't want to do!!!!

Guest pelmetman

Near neighbours?

Would you prefer Chinese Flu? ;-) ..........

Nah.....You Losers would prefer to call it Boris's Flu *-) ........

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2020-05-03 1:34 PM

Its a tricky one.

Certainly is

How did we get here?

What utter piffle (lol) (lol) (lol) .........

I can only guess you're high on the fumes of your own bagged up sh*te 8-) .......

Birdbrain - 2020-05-03 4:25 PM

Near neighbours?

Because you are falling into Trump's trap, blaming it on the Chinese, to create a foreign enemy to divert attention from his own mishandling of the crisis.

Trump is stoking up a Cold War even more damaging than his trade war, all to con suckers like you into voting for him at the coming elections.

John52 - 2020-05-03 6:35 PM

Birdbrain - 2020-05-03 4:25 PM

Near neighbours?

Because you are falling into Trump's trap, blaming it on the Chinese, to create a foreign enemy to divert attention from his own mishandling of the crisis.

Trump is stoking up a Cold War even more damaging than his trade war, all to con suckers like you into voting for him at the coming elections.

Ive never heard POTUS Trump say Chinky Flu or blame the Chinese ... He has said China Virus of course , but that is where it came from isnt it ... Hate on

Birdbrain - 2020-05-03 6:40 PM

Ive never heard POTUS Trump say Chinky Flu or blame the Chinese ... n

President Donald Trump contradicted a rare on-the-record statement from his own intelligence community by claiming Thursday that he has seen evidence that gives him a "high degree of confidence" the novel coronavirus originated in a laboratory in Wuhan, China, but declined to provide details to back up his assertion.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/04/30/politics/trump-intelligence-community-china-coronavirus-origins/index.html

He's one of those politicians who need an enemy, and suckers like you to believe it

John52 - 2020-05-03 8:34 PM

President Donald Trump contradicted a rare on-the-record statement from his own intelligence community by claiming Thursday that he has seen evidence that gives him a "high degree of confidence" the novel coronavirus originated in a laboratory in Wuhan, China, but declined to provide details to back up his assertion.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/04/30/politics/trump-intelligence-community-china-coronavirus-origins/index.html

He's one of those politicians who need an enemy, and suckers like you to believe it

Did the virus come from China yes or no ??? ... As for POTUS Trumps Wuhan laboratory comments prove him wrong or shut up

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2020-05-03 8:34 PM

So you don't think COVID19 came from China? ;-) ..........

BTW it's not just Trump that think your Commie chums were up to no good >:-) .........

pelmetman - 2020-05-03 8:38 PM

BTW it's not just Trump that think your Commie chums were up to no good >:-) .........

I don't have any Commie Chums

Unlike your Commie Chums who supported Brexit

But, thats beside the point.

Who else is saying they manufactured Covid 19 in a lab *-)

pelmetman - 2020-05-03 6:06 PM

I can only guess you're high on the fumes of your own bagged up sh*te 8-) .......

With apologies to anyone with a brain cell for stating the obvious again, it doesn't produce fumes when its in airtight bags.

Unlike when its slopping around loose, or leaking out of a tank.

Your obsession with my toilet is likely to come back on you

You are more likely to be high on Covid 19 if you are sharing a toilet.

Think about it (if possible)

My method is safer than any other.

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2020-05-03 8:44 PM

pelmetman - 2020-05-03 8:38 PM

I don't have any Commie Chums

Unlike your Commie Chums who supported Brexit

But, thats beside the point.

Who else is saying they manufactured Covid 19 in a lab *-)

"At the same time, a senior intelligence source told Fox News that while most intelligence agencies believe COVID-19 originated in the Wuhan lab, “it was thought to have been released accidentally.”

"The report from the intelligence-sharing alliance of the five leading English-speaking countries, the US, UK, Australia, New Zealand and Canada called China’s shady handling of the virus “an assault on international transparency.”

https://nypost.com/2020/05/02/intelligence-report-says-china-lied-about-origin-of-coronavirus/

>:-) ..........

John52 - 2020-05-03 8:50 PM

pelmetman - 2020-05-03 6:06 PM

With apologies to anyone with a brain cell for stating the obvious again, it doesn't produce fumes when its in airtight bags.

Unlike when its slopping around loose, or leaking out of a tank.

Your obsession with my toilet is likely to come back on you

You are more likely to be high on Covid 19 if you are sharing a toilet.

Think about it (if possible)

My method is safer than any other.

Ive asked you before but you didn't answer ... How do you bag up pee ???

Archived