Our new van, the story so far.

Tomo3090

Just back from our maiden voyage and thought I'd post a report.

The van drove like a dream, no problems with gears, clutches, cruise control. I even reversed up an incline to turn round and NO JUDDERING! I moved the equivalent of the length of the van and the incline was about 1/3, (a rough guess), and nothing out of the ordinary happened. We had trouble on a CL site with wet grass and there was some wheel spinning but that was purely down to the wet grass. I checked afterwards and the skid marks were just on the grass. I drove along the slope to some gravel and everything was fine from there.

The cooker, fridge and SOG toilet worked perfectly. The LED lighting was ideal and used very little battery power.

The only problem we had was that the electrical control box "crashed" on the morning of our return home. A phone call to Spinneys' produced a temp. solution until we got to their showrooms on the way home. Their service manager swapped the box for another one, tested the system and we were mobile again in 20 minutes. So no quibbles with the aftersales service there!

We are now home and getting ready to go again in the UK for a couple of weeks once the weather forcast has come through.

So it's a big thumbs up in the Tomo house for Autotrail and Spinneys! :-D

P.S. Spinneys' have sold my old van straight away so if anyone knows who has bought a 2007 Compass Avantgarde 140, MX 07 HLH with satellite and aircon tell them to get in touch and I'll give them a previous owners run down!

Yes, a little black flashing square started to appear at various points on the screen page as you scrolled down, then after a few minutes the screen would go blank apart from a line of black squares across it and the warning beep sounded every 10 seconds. I took out the 2 20 amp fuses from the control box in the locker, (E325), waitied for 30 seconds and put them back. This re-booted the panel but not for long. That's when I called Spinney and the rest is as above.

There was no reason why it started doing this and Spinney's didn't seem unduly shocked by it, so I can only assume it has happened before. In fact, the trick with the fuses in in the Autotrail handbook so it has deffo happened to others. This is the price for having a van with all the bells and whistles I suppose, just more to go wrong! It's a good job it's not controlling a Jumbo Jet.

It's a lovely van though, so I forgive it the odd foible! Well for now that is >:-)

Thanks, it happened on our new 06 Autotrail on way down to S of France, the bleeping was really annoying as I did not know what it meant. After studying the Autotrail book it does mention this could happen, if so remove beval surround, remove 2 screws then disconnect din plug. Wait a short while, then replace. This I did, and touch wood it has not occurred since. Also helped a couple out last year who had rented a motorhome, not an Autotrail, can't remember what van it was, they were delighted as up to then they could not silence the bleeping and were unable to use 12 volt.

Regards

Gerry

Archived