Over 250 UK companies to Netherlands

Bulletguy

Over 250 UK based companies are in discussion with the Dutch government about relocating due to Brexit.

Michiel Bakhuizen, a spokesman for the Netherlands Foreign Investment Agency said, “The number of businesses we are in contact with for a possible arrival is growing. At the start of 2017 it was 80, at the start of 2018 150, and now it's more than 250. This increase will continue and it's not strange, because there is great uncertainty at the moment in Britain. And if there is one thing that's bad for business, it's uncertainty."

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-netherlands-sony-company-relocating-ema-trade-investment-eu-a8742756.html

Well it makes total sense especially if your a business that trades with any countries within the single market or as a gateway to those in the expanding EU trade deals arena. Why would you stay in a country that intends to isolate itself from the worlds biggest trading bloc and put barriers between you and your customers? I am surprised the Dutch, French, Germans etc have not been pushing hard for UK companies of that ilk to jump ship, perhaps they have but have been more discrete about it.

I keep asking Brexiteers what it is exactly we will trade once we shut ourselves off and how we will start to improve productivity and our trade deficit but never get any answers.

Barryd999 - 2019-01-23 5:20 PM

I keep asking Brexiteers what it is exactly we will trade once we shut ourselves off and how we will start to improve productivity and our trade deficit but never get any answers.

Be patient.

Dave and his mates are working on a plan.

;-)

That's a bit too complex for them. You'd need some pictures and cartoony things with word bubbles.

malc d - 2019-01-23 5:25 PM

Be patient.

Dave and his mates are working on a plan. ;-)

I doubt an ex-pelmet knocker up and 'sometime' roofer have the financial clout of disaster capitalists.

I am surprised the Dutch, French, Germans etc have not been pushing hard for UK companies of that ilk to jump ship, perhaps they have but have been more discrete about it.

They don't need to push hard.....Brexiters are doing it for them.

€800 billion worth of banking is already on the move to Frankfurt

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-11-29/brexit-banks-seen-moving-up-to-900-billion-of-assets-to-germany

Bulletguy - 2019-01-23 5:44 PM

That's a bit too complex for them. You'd need some pictures and cartoony things with word bubbles.

Be patient.

Dave and his mates are working on a plan. ;-)

I doubt an ex-pelmet knocker up and 'sometime' roofer have the financial clout of disaster capitalists.

"sometime roofer" ... Obviously upsets you I earn so much I choose when I work or not ... All before 50 n'all ... Green eyes

Guest pelmetman

Be patient.

;-)

My mate Fox'y got it in hand ;-) ...........

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1076795/brexit-news-davos-israel-deal-liam-fox-trade-deal

But don't tell anyone coz we're not allowed to do them yet 8-) .........

pelmetman - 2019-01-23 11:06 PM

Be patient.

;-)

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1076795/brexit-news-davos-israel-deal-liam-fox-trade-deal

Wow. He confirms a deal with Israel that we already had. Its not new. The seething Brexpress readers in the comments section at the bottom think it is though. Should I tell em?

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2019-01-23 11:24 PM

pelmetman - 2019-01-23 11:06 PM

Be patient.

;-)

Wow. He confirms a deal with Israel that we already had. Its not new. The seething Brexpress readers in the comments section at the bottom think it is though. Should I tell em?

I thought you lot were saying no one would want to deal with little old Britain after Brexit? ;-) ..........

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-01-23 11:41 PM

I'm still waiting to read of one company currently based in an EU country to announce it's relocation to UK as a result of Brexit......but none seem keen to come. Meantime hundreds of UK companies are leaving to relocate in EU countries.

So out of 1.9 million companies in the UK ;-) .........a few hundred are relocating their European HQ's in Europe.........makes sense seeing as we'll no longer be in Europe >:-) ..........

pelmetman - 2019-01-24 9:40 AM

I'm still waiting to read of one company currently based in an EU country to announce it's relocation to UK as a result of Brexit......but none seem keen to come. Meantime hundreds of UK companies are leaving to relocate in EU countries.

So out of 1.9 million companies in the UK ;-) .........a few hundred are relocating their European HQ's in Europe.........makes sense seeing as we'll no longer be in Europe >:-) ..........

It makes about as much sense as slinging a rope around your neck and jumping off a chair to test the breaking strain. *-)

You're putting people out of work and trashing the economy.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-01-24 3:43 PM

It makes about as much sense as slinging a rope around your neck and jumping off a chair to test the breaking strain. *-)

Rubbish *-) ..........

We're ensuring PTSD therapists have employment after the 29/03/2019 :D ........

pelmetman - 2019-01-24 6:44 PM

Bulletguy - 2019-01-24 3:43 PM

Rubbish *-) ..........

We're ensuring PTSD therapists have employment after the 29/03/2019 :D ........

Forget therapy....you need sectioning. *-)

Archived