Over half a million jobs lost

Bulletguy

Bulletguy - 2020-06-16 7:47 PM

Nicepix - 2020-06-16 6:12 PM

And your point is?

Our lockdown wasn't early enough and been poorly managed from the outset as the results clearly show.

Have you got figures from the countries that you think handled it better? Because without comparisons this point is totally meaningless.

Nicepix - 2020-06-17 7:37 PM

And your point is?

Our lockdown wasn't early enough and been poorly managed from the outset as the results clearly show.

Have you got figures from the countries that you think handled it better? Because without comparisons this point is totally meaningless.

Financial Times have been running a pretty comprehensive tracker from early on; https://www.ft.com/content/a26fbf7e-48f8-11ea-aeb3-955839e06441

Another source is the Worldometer site you can key in whatever country; https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/china-hong-kong-sar/

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2020-06-16 6:47 PM

And your point is?

More Bullet Hindsh*te *-) ..........

pelmetman - 2020-06-18 9:06 AM

And your point is?

How the feck can you still roll out the word Hindsight? It couldnt have been clearer what was coming. Other countries and WHO scientists were screaming at the UK to do something but Johnson did nothing. Preferred to go on national TV bragging about shaking hands in hospitals where there were people with Covid 19 and then nearly died of Covid 19. Duh!! *-)

last year scientists warned it was coming but they did nothing to recover the depleted stockpile of PPE. There was even a department set up to work on Pandemics and it was abandoned because Johnson wanted to focus on guess what? Yes, Brexit! While people in China were dying and warnings of the coming pandemic were all too clear Johnson was campaigning for Brexit Bongs FFS!

There are no ifs or buts about this. Johnson fecked it up good and proper. Thats all there is to it.

Bulletguy - 2020-06-17 8:34 PM

Financial Times have been running a pretty comprehensive tracker from early on; https://www.ft.com/content/a26fbf7e-48f8-11ea-aeb3-955839e06441

Considering that in this forum there have been those who accused my country of being late, I think the "Global response to Pandemic" chart is rather interesting.

Colors also have their importance and the UK had time to understand that an invisible enemy was about to invade you.

Am I wrong ?

Think guys, think before putting your fingers on the keyboard.

Bulletguy - 2020-06-17 9:34 PM

And your point is?

Another source is the Worldometer site you can key in whatever country; https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/china-hong-kong-sar/

Neither of those links show any data on job losses or employment data. In addition, the FT article has a paragraph that implies that many countries are not fully recording COVID deaths and so their official figures are inaccurate:

Basically you have posted nothing to support your allegations - again.

*-)

Nicepix - 2020-06-20 8:01 PM

And your point is?

Neither of those links show any data on job losses or employment data. In addition, the FT article has a paragraph that implies that many countries are not fully recording COVID deaths and so their official figures are inaccurate:

*-)

The question you asked was if i had "figures from countries that handled it (Covid) better".....not country by country data on job losses. I provided two links (there are alternatives) the second enabling searches for individual countries, eg https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/ [insert country name here]

The "allegations" you claim i made were actually direct from the ONS as shown in the op link of this thread. You then asked what my point was - i responded, to which you then posed your second question (as quoted above) - i responded to that with links but as that didn't suit you, you now move the goal posts to wanting "data on job losses" (from other countries).

Only the US and Brazil outranks UK in the number of fatalities from Covid. The US has a population five times that of UK and Brazil more than 3 times. If you think our government handled Covid well i'd be interested to read that as i'm sure many more would too.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2020-06-20 10:01 PM

And your point is?

*-)

The question you asked was if i had "figures from countries that handled it (Covid) better".....not country by country data on job losses. I provided two links (there are alternatives) the second enabling searches for individual countries, eg https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/ [insert country name here]

The "allegations" you claim i made were actually direct from the ONS as shown in the op link of this thread. You then asked what my point was - i responded, to which you then posed your second question (as quoted above) - i responded to that with links but as that didn't suit you, you now move the goal posts to wanting "data on job losses" (from other countries).

Only the US and Brazil outranks UK in the number of fatalities from Covid. The US has a population five times that of UK and Brazil more than 3 times. If you think our government handled Covid well i'd be interested to read that as i'm sure many more would too.

More Bullet Hindsh*te *-) .........

Has Labour in Wales or the SNP in Scotland managed any better than Boris and England has?......NO *-) ........

So why aren't you bitching about them Hypocrite? >:-) ..........

jumpstart - 2020-06-20 8:39 PM

So presumably the logical conclusion is that if we had shut down earlier the unemployment would be higher.

I suppose you could say if we had bombed Germany in 1935 the death toll in WWW2 would have been less.

Not necessarily. Had we contained the disease like some countries did we could have got back to normal faster. Its rife in the UK now and its impossible to lift all the restrictions for the foreseeable. Had the government followed the advice from the WTO and other countries its likely that not only would we have contained the virus and tens of thousands of lives could have been saved but as a result of that containment, life may have returned to normal faster and so could the economy.

Its been a monumental fcuk up from the off though. They simply could not have done a worse job if they had put a load of Chimps in charge.

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2020-06-21 10:58 AM

So presumably the logical conclusion is that if we had shut down earlier the unemployment would be higher.

I suppose you could say if we had bombed Germany in 1935 the death toll in WWW2 would have been less.

Not necessarily. Had we contained the disease like some countries did we could have got back to normal faster. Its rife in the UK now and its impossible to lift all the restrictions for the foreseeable. Had the government followed the advice from the WTO and other countries its likely that not only would we have contained the virus and tens of thousands of lives could have been saved but as a result of that containment, life may have returned to normal faster and so could the economy.

Its been a monumental fcuk up from the off though. They simply could not have done a worse job if they had put a load of Chimps in charge.

More Barry Hindsh*te .......If ....If .....If *-) .........

Perhaps .....IF you Losers had accepted that you'd lost 4 years ago, our government wouldn't have still been concentraiting on trying to get Brexit Done, and delivering what the public voted for :-| .........

So at least Boris has an excuse for taking his eye off the ball ;-) ........

What excuse does the Labour government in Wales .....Or the SNP government in Scotland have? >:-) ............

pelmetman - 2020-06-21 11:15 AM

Perhaps .....IF you Losers had accepted that you'd lost 4 years ago, our government wouldn't have still been concentraiting on trying to get Brexit Done, and delivering what the public voted for :-| .........

What excuse does the Labour government in Wales .....Or the SNP government in Scotland have? >:-) ............

Ive told you before. You cannot use the word Hindsight when the entire world was shouting at the UK to do something yet we did nothing because our leaders are morons. As for Brexit, dont even try to twist that one round to being the fault of remainers. Had your bumbling buffoon of a leader and the entire Brexit campaign not been fed a bed of lies to the public and then tried to run roughshod all over our Democracy and Parliament then perhaps it would have been done and dusted sooner and of course "Getting what the public voted for" is not a crash out no deal Brexit which was why so many of us campaigned against it for so long.

WTF you on about. Wales and Scotland are under Westminster rule. They have little power to deal with pandemics and of course Johnson kept all the data and science to himself and his cronies and is still doing.

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2020-06-21 12:50 PM

WTF you on about. Wales and Scotland are under Westminster rule. They have little power to deal with pandemics and of course Johnson kept all the data and science to himself and his cronies and is still doing.

Dumb Nuts *-) .......

The NHS in Scotland & Wales is the "Total" responsbilty of "their" governments ;-) .....

Which is why the teaching unions are allowing the opening of schools in Labour run Wales and not Tory run England >:-( .......

That's how pathetic the Loser Brigade has become *-) .......

Bulletguy - 2020-06-20 11:01 PM

And your point is?

*-)

You are ducking the question. You allege that jobless figures you quoted are linked to how the UK handled COVID-19 compared to other countries. Nothing that you have posted shows anything to support that. Nothing that you have posted proves the UK handed the COVID-19 situation badly with any link to high unemployment figures.

Until you can post a link to prove that a) the UK handled COVID-19 badly AND that has resulted in more unemployment in the UK then basically this is yet another of your opinions without facts.

Barryd999 - 2020-06-21 1:50 PM

Ive told you before. You cannot use the word Hindsight when the entire world was shouting at the UK to do something yet we did nothing because our leaders are morons. As for Brexit, dont even try to twist that one round to being the fault of remainers. Had your bumbling buffoon of a leader and the entire Brexit campaign not been fed a bed of lies to the public and then tried to run roughshod all over our Democracy and Parliament then perhaps it would have been done and dusted sooner and of course "Getting what the public voted for" is not a crash out no deal Brexit which was why so many of us campaigned against it for so long.

Sorry? *-)

Riding roughshod over democracy? Surely that was the people who could not accept the results of a democratically held referendum. All what happened after that is purely down to Remain supporters trying to undermine the Referendum.

MPs are not virologists. They take their advice off medical experts. Sometimes these experts get it wrong or are unable to correctly predict how a new situation will pan out. That is not the fault of the MPs. So, yes; Hindsight is exactly what you are employing.

Barryd999 - 2020-06-18 12:22 PM

pelmetman - 2020-06-18 9:06 AM

And your point is?

[/quote

How the feck can you still roll out the word Hindsight? It couldnt have been clearer what was coming. Other countries and WHO scientists were screaming at the UK to do something but Johnson did nothing. Preferred to go on national TV bragging about shaking hands in hospitals where there were people with Covid 19 and then nearly died of Covid 19. Duh!! *-)

last year scientists warned it was coming but they did nothing to recover the depleted stockpile of PPE. There was even a department set up to work on Pandemics and it was abandoned because Johnson wanted to focus on guess what? Yes, Brexit! While people in China were dying and warnings of the coming pandemic were all too clear Johnson was campaigning for Brexit Bongs FFS!

There are no ifs or buts about this. Johnson fecked it up good and proper. Thats all there is to it.

If all this was as apparent as you make out why were other countries caught out unprepared? Why did other major countries each apply different measures to others? Why was there no Pan-EU plan to prepare member states for the predicted pandemic? Was it just one person who got it wrong?

Guest pelmetman
Nicepix - 2020-06-21 5:02 PM

Sorry? *-)

Riding roughshod over democracy? Surely that was the people who could not accept the results of a democratically held referendum. All what happened after that is purely down to Remain supporters trying to undermine the Referendum.

MPs are not virologists. They take their advice off medical experts. Sometimes these experts get it wrong or are unable to correctly predict how a new situation will pan out. That is not the fault of the MPs. So, yes; Hindsight is exactly what you are employing.

Hear him... hear him B-) ........

Sorry? *-)

There was absolutely nothing democratic about the Brexit vote and campaign. Apart from the fact they broke the law the entire thing was based on a massive bed of lies. I am not going to go through four years worth of posts about it but the reason so many objected and campaigned on after the vote was exactly because of that. A con from start to finish. Had it been a proper democratic and legal campaign without the lies with a democratic vote on the final deal then there would have been no excuse or need for anyone to campaign against it but as we know that wasnt the case.

You didnt need to be a Virologist or any kind of scientist to see how this situation would pan out back in Jan-March, we could see it unfolding before our very eyes. Scientists and other world leaders were screaming at Johnson to do something but back then he ignored them. Take it on the chin and shake hands he said before nearly dying of Cornavirus himself. Of course its his fault. We dont know what the scientific data says though do we? Because Johnson wont share it. Scotland and Wales didnt even have access to it either.

So no, its nothing to do with Hindsight. We had the time, we knew what was coming and yet we let 60000+ people die because of a grossly incompetent idiot and his sidekick who only had one thing they would focus on. A Damaging no deal Brexit.

Barryd999 - 2020-06-21 6:51 PM

Sorry? *-)

There was absolutely nothing democratic about the Brexit vote and campaign. Apart from the fact they broke the law the entire thing was based on a massive bed of lies. I am not going to go through four years worth of posts about it but the reason so many objected and campaigned on after the vote was exactly because of that. A con from start to finish. Had it been a proper democratic and legal campaign without the lies with a democratic vote on the final deal then there would have been no excuse or need for anyone to campaign against it but as we know that wasnt the case.

You didnt need to be a Virologist or any kind of scientist to see how this situation would pan out back in Jan-March, we could see it unfolding before our very eyes. Scientists and other world leaders were screaming at Johnson to do something but back then he ignored them. Take it on the chin and shake hands he said before nearly dying of Cornavirus himself. Of course its his fault. We dont know what the scientific data says though do we? Because Johnson wont share it. Scotland and Wales didnt even have access to it either.

So no, its nothing to do with Hindsight. We had the time, we knew what was coming and yet we let 60000+ people die because of a grossly incompetent idiot and his sidekick who only had one thing they would focus on. A Damaging no deal Brexit.

The Referendum has already been legally challenged and has not been overturned. That is a fact. What you write is an opinion that is not shared by everybody.

I don't recall seeing any posts made in Jan to Mar from you or others warning us of this approaching pandemic. Could you please point us to your warnings with links to your posts made in Jan-Mar. I also mention that the UK was not alone in being unprepared for this situation. Perhaps governments are warned about lots of potential problems that may or may not happen and they chose not to regard this one. Not just the UK. France, Italy, Spain, USA, and others were not prepared. In fact I would be interested to hear proof, not opinions, but actual proof of any country that prepared for COVID-19 before March.

Your third point again has no base on facts. It is pure opinion.

If you are going to continue to make posts like this please learn to accept that your opinion is not a fact. Try repeating it to yourself and you might get to believe it.

Nicepix - 2020-06-21 6:05 PM

Barryd999 - 2020-06-21 6:51 PM

Sorry? *-)

The Referendum has already been legally challenged and has not been overturned. That is a fact. What you write is an opinion that is not shared by everybody.

I don't recall seeing any posts made in Jan to Mar from you or others warning us of this approaching pandemic. Could you please point us to your warnings with links to your posts made in Jan-Mar. I also mention that the UK was not alone in being unprepared for this situation. Perhaps governments are warned about lots of potential problems that may or may not happen and they chose not to regard this one. Not just the UK. France, Italy, Spain, USA, and others were not prepared. In fact I would be interested to hear proof, not opinions, but actual proof of any country that prepared for COVID-19 before March.

Your third point again has no base on facts. It is pure opinion.

If you are going to continue to make posts like this please learn to accept that your opinion is not a fact. Try repeating it to yourself and you might get to believe it.

Vote Leave broke the law and was prosecuted and fined. Fact. So that is not an opinion. Its a thing. It actually happened. The fact that the referendum was not overturned was because it was not legally binding anyway. Had it been then it might have been a different story.

There were plenty of posts on here and elsewhere arguing that lock down should occur much earlier than it looked like it was going to be. I remember one I did myself about the failure to shut pubs long before they did and then allowing everyone out for one last piss up on Friday night. You go and search them out if you dont believe me.

Face it. The Government messed about with some stupid idea of herd immunity most likely coming from Cummings and despite everyone screaming at them because of that we lost our advantage and ended up with the worse death rate in the world on the seven day rolling total as result. I just dont know how you can defend them. Its just simply Bizarre.

The third point I presume you mean about them keeping the science and data to themselves. It is a fact, they have. Of course they trot out the line all the time that they are following the science like its some kind of excuse for their incompetence but its only a matter of time before one of the scientists breaks ranks and spills the beans.

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2020-06-21 6:28 PM

Vote Leave broke the law and was prosecuted and fined. Fact. So that is not an opinion. Its a thing. It actually happened. The fact that the referendum was not overturned was because it was not legally binding anyway. Had it been then it might have been a different story.

Yep......and it was overturned >:-) .......

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-appeal-darren-grimes-eu-referendum-spending-rules-vote-leave-a9012981.html

Do try and keep up Dreary Deidre,......aka Loser Barry >:-) .......

Archived