Pandering to the Core Vote ...

Birdbrain

LOL! Nice try but you have no chance of doing the same hatchet job on Sir Keir as you did on Corbyn.

What he said was back at the time was that it was a rushed decision that did not take into account the child (now dead) and also the prospect of a prosecution or if that was not possible a prevention order.

Even the Tories are split over this.

From the article.

"But last night, Tobias Ellwood, chairman of the Commons Defence Select Committee, asked: ‘Are we safer with her behind bars in the UK or languishing in a rickety, militia-run, poorly guarded refugee camp with thousands of hardliners who are now escaping in numbers and running fresh radicalisation programmes?’"

I tend to agree with Tobias. Keep your enemies close an all that. This girl was 15 when she left the UK no more than a silly brainwashed child.

Barryd999 - 2020-07-19 9:50 AM

LOL! Nice try but you have no chance of doing the same hatchet job on Sir Keir as you did on Corbyn.

What he said was back at the time was that it was a rushed decision that did not take into account the child (now dead) and also the prospect of a prosecution or if that was not possible a prevention order.

From the article.

"But last night, Tobias Ellwood, chairman of the Commons Defence Select Committee, asked: ‘Are we safer with her behind bars in the UK or languishing in a rickety, militia-run, poorly guarded refugee camp with thousands of hardliners who are now escaping in numbers and running fresh radicalisation programmes?’"

I tend to agree with Tobias. Keep your enemies close an all that. This girl was 15 when she left the UK no more than a silly brainwashed child.

Tobias didn't say or suggest you should "Keep your enemies close", he suggests for our safety we lock her up over here, bit different to your fairytale guff ... You wont want to lock up a "silly child" though will ya ???

Birdbrain - 2020-07-19 3:33 PM

From the article.

Tobias didn't say or suggest you should "Keep your enemies close", he suggests for our safety we lock her up over here, bit different to your fairytale guff ... You wont want to lock up a "silly child" though will ya ???

That is pretty much what he said. Did you not read his quote above. Keep your friends close but your enemies closer is a well know phrase isnt it? If she has committed crimes then lets have her back here to answer for them. She is after all a British citizen. I think at the time there was some question over whether or not she could legally be made stateless as the Bangladeshi government said she was not a Bangladesh citizen and you cannot make someone stateless. I think some of us said at the time it would come back and bite the government on the arse just kicking her out with nowhere to go.

Barryd999 - 2020-07-19 4:11 PM

From the article.

That is pretty much what he said. Did you not read his quote above. Keep your friends close but your enemies closer is a well know phrase isnt it? If she has committed crimes then lets have her back here to answer for them. She is after all a British citizen. I think at the time there was some question over whether or not she could legally be made stateless as the Bangladeshi government said she was not a Bangladesh citizen and you cannot make someone stateless. I think some of us said at the time it would come back and bite the government on the arse just kicking her out with nowhere to go.

That isnt "pretty much what he said" but you dont care what folk say and never have so you change it to sumat you think they might say ... If she has "nowhere to go" you could always put her up with the others you wanna help at your gaffe couldn't ya, might be a refreshing change to have a non-white in the village ... Hate on Chunky

Birdbrain - 2020-07-19 4:23 PM

From the article.

That isnt "pretty much what he said" but you dont care what folk say and never have so you change it to sumat you think they might say …………………..

It is not the words he used, but Barry had quoted his exact words just above. What other interpretation would you place on his exact words? It seems clear enough to me what his inference is, which is very much along the lines of "keep your friends close, but your enemies closer". That is the message.

Brian Kirby - 2020-07-19 5:27 PM

Birdbrain - 2020-07-19 4:23 PM

From the article.

That isnt "pretty much what he said" but you dont care what folk say and never have so you change it to sumat you think they might say …………………..

It is not the words he used, but Barry had quoted his exact words just above. What other interpretation would you place on his exact words? It seems clear enough to me what his inference is, which is very much along the lines of "keep your friends close, but your enemies closer". That is the message.

Give up Brian ... You and ya monkey Barry would be squealing and screaming if they locked her up indefinitely here in the nasty UK ... You think ya monkey Barry would accept her locked up after claiming she was just "silly" at 15 to support and help murderers and throat slitters ??? ... Keep her locked up in her hell hole that she chose for me ... I know Barry likes to help those unfortunate types that turn on their hosts here in Blighty and slaughter innocent folk, collateral damage as Barry likes to look on it ... Lordy My Boss

Birdbrain - 2020-07-19 5:58 PM...………………….Give up Brian ... You and ya monkey Barry would be squealing and screaming if they locked her up indefinitely here in the nasty UK ... You think ya monkey Barry would accept her locked up after claiming she was just "silly" at 15 to support and help murderers and throat slitters ??? ... Keep her locked up in her hell hole that she chose for me ... I know Barry likes to help those unfortunate types that turn on their hosts here in Blighty and slaughter innocent folk, collateral damage as Barry likes to look on it ... Lordy My Boss

The issue is where she might do the most damage. So if you set aside all your screeching hysteria, what have you got?

She either stays where she is, which is unlikely to continue indefinitely, eventually leaving her free to do pretty much as she will, or she is brought back to UK, interrogated, tried, and presumably sentenced, when she can be kept incarcerated indefinitely and under close observation if judged necessary. Who knows, she may even come to realise what a complete idiot she has been.

There seems to be no evidence of her actually engaging directly in terrorist activity in Syria. Having had, and lost, three kids in four years wouldn't have left her much time for that.

She was 15 when she left UK, and is now 19. Most people gain some wisdom between 15 and 19, so the person who would return should be much more mature than the schoolgirl who left. She may even have useful information on the present plans of ISIL. Then, at least we can know what she is up to. Leave her where she is, and no-one will be likely to know.

There is no risk free option, so it is a choice between two possible, undesirable, courses. Keep her where we can see her seems to me the least worst option.

Brian Kirby - 2020-07-19 6:36 PM

Birdbrain - 2020-07-19 5:58 PM...………………….Give up Brian ... You and ya monkey Barry would be squealing and screaming if they locked her up indefinitely here in the nasty UK ... You think ya monkey Barry would accept her locked up after claiming she was just "silly" at 15 to support and help murderers and throat slitters ??? ... Keep her locked up in her hell hole that she chose for me ... I know Barry likes to help those unfortunate types that turn on their hosts here in Blighty and slaughter innocent folk, collateral damage as Barry likes to look on it ... Lordy My Boss

The issue is where she might do the most damage. So if you set aside all your screeching hysteria, what have you got?

She either stays where she is, which is unlikely to continue indefinitely, eventually leaving her free to do pretty much as she will, or she is brought back to UK, interrogated, tried, and presumably sentenced, when she can be kept incarcerated indefinitely and under close observation if judged necessary. Who knows, she may even come to realise what a complete idiot she has been.

There seems to be no evidence of her actually engaging directly in terrorist activity in Syria. Having had, and lost, three kids in four years wouldn't have left her much time for that.

She was 15 when she left UK, and is now 19. Most people gain some wisdom between 15 and 19, so the person who would return should be much more mature than the schoolgirl who left. She may even have useful information on the present plans of ISIL. Then, at least we can know what she is up to. Leave her where she is, and no-one will be likely to know.

There is no risk free option, so it is a choice between two possible, undesirable, courses. Keep her where we can see her seems to me the least worst option.

"The issue is where she might do the most damage" ... That damage wether she's here or in her camp is death ... The cult she follows deals in death ... Now personally me being nasty old me I would much rather her and her likes weren't here on our streets to be a hero to the near 30.000 suspected Jihadis we have here in Blighty ... Call me old fashioned but I would much rather she rots in her camp than have some poor parent having to live without one of their children because she's bombed or help bomb somewhere here ... Why dont you take her in Brian and sponsor her

Guest pelmetman

So in your opinion she should be allowed back to join the umpteen 1000's that are already on the security services radar? 8-) ........

To us dumb folk ;-) ......

That's called adding fuel to the fire *-) ........

pelmetman - 2020-07-19 6:54 PM

So in your opinion she should be allowed back to join the umpteen 1000's that are already on the security services radar? 8-) ........

You got that bit in bold right!

Now.....take a deep breath and read the entire post again verrrrrrry slowwwwwwwly. Then read it again until it sinks in.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2020-07-19 7:31 PM

Now.....take a deep breath and read the entire post again verrrrrrry slowwwwwwwly. Then read it again until it sinks in.

It dosen't need to sink in Dumb Dumb ;-) ........

I've spent years reading your Loony Lefty Marxist sh*te *-) ......

So the fact that Brian and others have jumped on your LOSER bandwagon means their input is now tainted by the same Remoaner Loony Lefty Liberal Marxist Loser Bog brush :D ......

pelmetman - 2020-07-19 7:41 PM

It dosen't need to sink in.

Nothing ever does with you.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2020-07-19 7:58 PM

pelmetman - 2020-07-19 7:41 PM

It dosen't need to sink in.

Nothing ever does with you.

Shouldn't you Corbynasties be on your way back to the swamp? >:-) ........

Hinge and Bracket do have this persistent problem with reading, don't they?

Birdbrain - 2020-07-19 6:50 PM...……………..

"The issue is where she might do the most damage" ...

1 That damage wether she's here or in her camp is death ... The cult she follows deals in death ...

2 Now personally me being nasty old me I would much rather her and her likes weren't here on our streets ………………..

1 Not if, as I said, she's in prison in the UK.

2 The camp is not a prison. She can leave. Where might she go then? Who would know? Can you be sure she wouldn't find her way up to the Channel, onto an inflatable, and back onto our streets completely undetected? Hundreds do. As I said, it is a balance of risks, and I prefer my balance to yours, which would leave us hostages to fortune. You can't secure the end you seek by leaving her free to simply disappear and then reappear - where?

The issue is that Cruella Patel said "no way" is she coming back so its going to be hard for the government to go back on that but they made her stateless which is illegal I believe so its likely that decision will come back and bite them on the arse. I suspect they will try and make it look like they want her back to interrogate her and possibly prosecute her but I suspect they may have to let her return. As to what she could be prosecuted with I am not sure. There are lots of questions to be asked really. Was she groomed or just a natural born terrorist? Is she genuinely remorseful or just pretending to be to get a ticket home? Could she be useful in turning the tide on the war on terror and teaching other young impressionable children not to go down the same path she did or will she just strap a bomb to her chest and blow up a supermarket or something?

Who knows but if its the later chances are she will find a way to do that much more easily if we cant keep tabs on her.

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2020-07-20 12:12 PM

1 That damage wether she's here or in her camp is death ... The cult she follows deals in death ...

2 Now personally me being nasty old me I would much rather her and her likes weren't here on our streets ………………..

2 The camp is not a prison. She can leave. Where might she go then? Who would know? Can you be sure she wouldn't find her way up to the Channel, onto an inflatable, and back onto our streets completely undetected? Hundreds do. As I said, it is a balance of risks, and I prefer my balance to yours, which would leave us hostages to fortune. You can't secure the end you seek by leaving her free to simply disappear and then reappear - where?

1.......Will she be locked up for ever?.........NO *-) .......

2.......Why doesn't she want to join her Dad in Bangladesh? .......Coz their benefit system is cr*p compared to meal ticket UK :-| ..........

pelmetman - 2020-07-21 7:29 AM

2.......Why doesn't she want to join her Dad in Bangladesh? .......Coz their benefit system is cr*p compared to meal ticket UK :-| ..........

1 No, but at least we would then a) know when she was released, b) on what terms and, if so decided, c) what restrictions would apply after her release. Leave her to wander away from her refugee camp, and what would we then know?

2 Sheer speculation, and with no relevance to whether or not she presents a threat.

I have far more confidence in UK authorities to deal with her sensibly than anyone else's. Why haven't you?

Brian Kirby - 2020-07-21 1:34 PM

1 No, but at least we would then a) know when she was released, b) on what terms and, if so decided, c) what restrictions would apply after her release. Leave her to wander away from her refugee camp, and what would we then know?

2 Sheer speculation, and with no relevance to whether or not she presents a threat.

I have far more confidence in UK authorities to deal with her sensibly than anyone else's. Why haven't you?

Pelmet seems more concerned about her having access to the welfare system than anything else.....the same system he sponged off even though (to quote his exact words) "I didn't really need it".

Released, doubt she'd ever be locked up ... You've seen Barrys response, she was just a "silly girl" so its hardly likely the rest of the wet leftie drips like him would want to see her locked up ... Made her choice to join murderers and rapists who kill Brits without a moments thought so she should rot in hell

Guest pelmetman

Yeah Brian..... we will be so much safer after she's spent a few years in one of our Islamist radicalization centres......AKA Her Majesties Prison Service *-) ...........

Birdbrain - 2020-07-21 4:06 PM

Released, doubt she'd ever be locked up ... You've seen Barrys response, she was just a "silly girl" so its hardly likely the rest of the wet leftie drips like him would want to see her locked up ... Made her choice to join murderers and rapists who kill Brits without a moments thought so she should rot in hell

OK, if saying that makes you feel better. So, how are you going to make sure she gets there?

pelmetman - 2020-07-21 4:29 PM

Yeah Brian..... we will be so much safer after she's spent a few years in one of our Islamist radicalization centres......AKA Her Majesties Prison Service *-) ...........

You voted to have "control". Now you don't trust what the control you wanted might do, and would sooner leave a known Jihadist to wander back to the UK unseen to do what when she arrives? Yep, that makes excellent sense! Meanwhile, back in the real world...………………………………………………………………???:-D

Archived