Patel ignores Govt Borders Inspector

Bulletguy

The government’s borders inspector has spoken out about his “frustration” at not being able to meet home secretary Priti Patel once since his appointment more than 14 months ago.

David Neal – appointed the independent chief inspector of borders and immigration last March – told MPs that he was “disappointed” to have had five or six meetings cancelled.

“I’ve not met the home secretary yet,” he told the home affairs select committee. “I’ve asked to speak to her on a number of occasions, and pre-arranged meetings have been cancelled on maybe five or six occasions now.”

Asked if the apparent snub was different from previous dealings with other departments, Mr Neal said: “It is – I’m disappointed I haven’t spoken to the home secretary, and frustrated, because I think I’ve got things to offer from the position I hold.”

The Immigration Service Union (ISU) told The Independent that Ms Patel had also rejected requests to meet leaders representing borders staff to discuss the small boats crisis.

“Ms Patel won’t meet with us either,” the ISU’s Lucy Moreton said. “We’ve trying to engage over the small boats issue, about staffing and resourcing and the unrealistic expectation that somehow the crossings will stop.”

She added: “It is disappointing. I’m glad David Neal expressed his view, because he is her chief inspector and she should hear from him directly. It’s really important to hear a range of voices. She doesn’t do that.”

https://tinyurl.com/mux3p6f4

This shows Patels obsession with 'transportation' of migrants and determination to ignore anyone or anything which she believes might bring her evilness to an end.

Archived