Peter told me to ask.

Hymer C 9.

Taken from the FAQ section of the forum (go to Forum, General Chat, Announcements, for more info on all sorts of bits and pieces):

Q: How do I get a picture under my name when I post?

A: You can upload a small picture (normally called an avatar) via your Control Panel - scroll down to the 'Images' section (the last area on the page), and click the 'Browse' button in the 'Upload profile image' box. This will open up a 'file browser' window. Locate the image you wish to use as an avatar, click on it, and press the 'Open' button. The file browser window will close. Then just click the 'OK' button in the 'Upload profile image' box; your image will be saved to our servers, and your picture will appear next to your posts!

There are a couple of limitations: The image must not be larger than 50kb in filesize (this is to keep the loading speed of the pages as fast as possible), and the image will be resized to 100 pixels wide when it's displayed (a pixel is a unit of measurement - basically, one 'dot' on your computer screen). This means that if the image you upload is significantly wider or narrower than this, some distortion may occur - obviously, the best solution is to resize the image before you upload it. This can be done using several computer programs (such as Adobe Photoshop, Photoshop Elements, Macromedia Fireworks, Paint Shop Pro, etc.). For more information of free image editing software, please click here (please note - Warners Group Publications Plc cannot be held responsible for the content of external websites).

Hope this helps!

Archived