Petrol prices

Wingpete

If Shell, B.P. and Texaco refine in this country than surely they do not buy on the open market and their prices will not be affected or is that wishful thinking and diesel will go up because they have to pay for the silicone that went into the wrong fuel. Eat your heart out "Pestco"

Hi,

If I understand the news yesterday I though the suggestion was that the supermarkets had returned the contaminated fuel and it was all OK to fill up, did anyone see a tanker fitted with some form of suction pumps at their local supermarket filling station only i haven't ??

It does make me think when I pass near to Coryton the amount of tankers that are in and out 24hours a day just how long a contaminated storage tank of fuel would last, before it is totally distributed and replenished, as this problem appears to have been going on for some weeks and i just wonder if what we are hearing about is the aftermath of what has already happened.

Could it also be possible that all of the contaminated fuel has actually been delivered and sold to the motorist, and if that was the case then there should be no reason for any increase as there will be no shortage in supply, albeit they may need to increase the cost to cover the repair and compensation costs.

What do you think

Archived