Peugeot

cmac

Hi Cmac,

My new Peugeot's came with a three year warranty and breakdown cover for UK and Europe. I only used the warranty three times, twice in UK in the 1st and 2nd year, and once in France after about 2 and a half years. As I didn't actually breakdown, but could drive to the garage for a repair to be carried out, I cannot comment on the breakdown recovery side of things.

The warranty provided is one year from the manufacturer which will be valid in both UK and Europe, and a further two years by the Dealer network in UK. If you have a warranty repair carried out in Europe after the first year, you will have to pay for the repair and claim it back from any dealer in the network on your return to UK. This is a bit inconvenient and can take a few months for your claim to be processed, but it does work and you do get your money back, as covered by the receipt from the repairing garage.

Any recall for modification of the vehicle can be attended to in UK and in Europe free of all charges in all years i.e. during and after the 3 year warranty. I had around 4 mods carried out on two vehicles in the past 7 years in UK and in Europe.

Its worth mentioning that servicing in France at Peugeot Garages is around third of the cost than UK, using only the very best synthetic oils is the norm., so we usually have all the services carried out in France, no need to book in most cases.

The first 1.9td had some slight overheating problems, so the thermostats were changed in France and again in UK, the fault turned out to be a blocked radiator and nothing to do with the thermostats.

I am on my second new Peugeot and never had a breakdown as yet, it is now in its fourth year and 24000 miles.

I always felt confident with the manufacturers and Dealers breakdown cover provided for the new vehicle, and didn't bother to buy an independant breakdown insurance for travel in UK or abroad.

Regards Terry

Archived