Pick for Britain!

Bulletguy

Quelle surprise!

Furloughed and unemployed people are being urged to ‘pick for Britain’ as the coronavirus crisis creates a shortage of migrant workers to harvest crops.

Come help pick for Britain to feed the nation!

Today’s announcement comes after MPs were warned quarantine restrictions for overseas visitors would lead to a shortage of workers to harvest fields and pick fruit.

Time for Brexiteers to step up to the plate and get working!! :D

https://tinyurl.com/y7jc7lxu

https://pickforbritain.org.uk/

Think the title of the thread given who the OP is and who's responded should be 'Pick on Britain' ... Lets be honest thats been a lifelong habit for the Brit haters ... Sad people ... Suns out , get outside and take in some fresh air ... When I get back later I will be looking into helping locally if possible , instead of hating and using a pandemic to stir more hate why not try to help in challenging times or is helping too much to ask ???

Birdbrain - 2020-05-20 6:16 AM

Think the title of the thread given who the OP is and who's responded should be 'Pick on Britain' ... Lets be honest thats been a lifelong habit for the Brit haters ... Sad people ... Suns out , get outside and take in some fresh air ... When I get back later I will be looking into helping locally if possible , instead of hating and using a pandemic to stir more hate why not try to help in challenging times or is helping too much to ask ???

How do you know some of us have not been helping?

Im impressed though that you are going off to pick Fruit. Can you see if you can get me a few punnets of Strawberries please? Same deal. Quid an item, like the masks. (lol)

Think the title of the thread given who the OP is and who's responded should be 'Pick on Britain' ... Lets be honest thats been a lifelong habit for the Brit haters ...

Your dyslexia playing up again Antony? :-S

It's quite simple, i'll explain. "Pick for Britain" is the title chosen by the website (see op where it's linked). Now, if you deem that to be 'Brit hate' (your words) you need to contact the website owners and tell them. While you're at it you should have a word with that 'Brit hater' Charlie for telling the peasants to "Pick for Britain". (lol)

Guest pelmetman

Oh dear yet another thread started by our resident UK Hater 8-) ...........

At least I have done fruit and veg picking in my youth'dom and honeymoon before my back went all liberal lefty :D .......

Sounds like a nice earner for those currently on 80% of dosh for nothing B-) ........

pelmetman - 2020-05-20 3:51 PM

We know you're influenced by your echo chamber pal Antony but these wails of 'hater' have become tedious now Pelmet and you really need to find a new buzzword, preferably a bit more grown up if you can manage that. Where is the 'hate' you speak of in posting the registered website "Pick for Britain" and a media report about it? I assume in your strange little parallel universe this must also make Prince Charles a 'UK hater' too?

Incidentally a few weeks ago you asked about copyright of the avatar i use, needing me to point out to you that photographs of ammunition are freely available via Google images where the majority have no copyright. This cannot be said for the photoshopped image you've been posting on here which originated from Brian Kirbys photograph, which by law gives him the ownership (copyright) of that photograph you've used. Have you asked his permission to use his photograph and alter it....i don't think you have have you?

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2020-05-20 4:28 PM

We know you're influenced by your echo chamber pal Antony but these wails of 'hater' have become tedious now Pelmet and you really need to find a new buzzword, preferably a bit more grown up if you can manage that. Where is the 'hate' you speak of in posting the registered website "Pick for Britain" and a media report about it? I assume in your strange little parallel universe this must also make Prince Charles a 'UK hater' too?

Incidentally a few weeks ago you asked about copyright of the avatar i use, needing me to point out to you that photographs of ammunition are freely available via Google images where the majority have no copyright. This cannot be said for the photoshopped image you've been posting on here which originated from Brian Kirbys photograph, which by law gives him the ownership (copyright) of that photograph you've used. Have you asked his permission to use his photograph and alter it....i don't think you have have you?

Take laxatives and have a very long dump Bullet ;-) ........

Draining your brian might encourage you to try to be positive for a change :D .........

pelmetman - 2020-05-20 4:36 PM

Bulletguy - 2020-05-20 4:28 PM

Take laxatives and have a very long dump Bullet ;-) ........

Draining your brian might encourage you to try to be positive for a change :D .........

Oh fgs Pelmet put the damn bottle away and stop drinking. *-)

At least I have done fruit and veg picking in my youth'dom and honeymoon before my back went all liberal lefty :D .......

Sounds like a nice earner for those currently on 80% of dosh for nothing B-) ........

Yeah it does and lots of people applied but apparently were totally crap and couldn't do the work.

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2020-05-20 5:14 PM

Yeah it does and lots of people applied but apparently were totally crap and couldn't do the work.

I suspect once the Ricky Bigknackers meal tickets starts to reduce ;-) ......

Those that can will.......and those that wont...will have yet another temper tantrum *-) .......

Fortunately most of us will just ignore the sh*ts >:-) .........

BTW we had 6 people working here today doing our bit for the local economy B-) ...........

50,000 Brits applied......but only 112 took the job on! Should be compulsory for all Brexiteers.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/04/27/112-50000-uk-applicants-fruit-pickers-take-jobs-amid-farmers/

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2020-05-20 5:40 PM

50,000 Brits applied......but only 112 took the job on! Should be compulsory for all Brexiteers.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/04/27/112-50000-uk-applicants-fruit-pickers-take-jobs-amid-farmers/

It should be compulsory for those who can.......but prefer to live off the state for decades >:-) ........

Barryd999 - 2020-05-20 1:21 PM

Im impressed though that you are going off to pick Fruit. Can you see if you can get me a few punnets of Strawberries please? Same deal. Quid an item, like the masks. (lol)

Dont say youve been helping British producers ... For a start your a cripple according to you who cant walk 50 metres unless theres free kebabs on offer and secondly you hate Britain and the British ... As for strawberries , given your diet I think any fruit and veg would bring you out in a severe rash , nappy rash again prolly

Birdbrain - 2020-05-20 7:49 PM

Barryd999 - 2020-05-20 1:21 PM

Dont say youve been helping British producers ... For a start your a cripple according to you who cant walk 50 metres unless theres free kebabs on offer and secondly you hate Britain and the British ... As for strawberries , given your diet I think any fruit and veg would bring you out in a severe rash , nappy rash again prolly

Silly Billy! I never said I had been helping British Producers by picking stuff. Do I look like the sort of person who would get my hands dirty doing manual labour? (lol) Doesn't mean I haven't been doing my bit though. I find it offensive that you firstly refer to me as a cripple and secondly that you assume because I am somewhat rotund I live on a diet of Kebabs and I am some kind of Fruit and Veg Dodger.

Some of us just get on with helping the nation get back on its feet and do not like to talk about it or make a fuss.

pelmetman - 2020-05-20 5:46 PM

It should be compulsory for those who can.......but prefer to live off the state for decades >:-) ........

I agree.

Charlie, Andrew, Sarah, William, Sophie, Kate should get picking right away

Archived