Pink Floyd to the rescue!

Bulletguy

Pink Floyd co-founder, Roger Waters, helped rescue two young brothers kidnapped by their IS father, then abandoned in Syria, now reunited with their mother who hadn't seen her sons for four years.

https://www.channel4.com/news/pink-floyds-roger-waters-reveals-how-boys-were-rescued-from-syria

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/jan/22/at-last-i-can-sleep-brothers-kidnapped-by-isis-reunited-with-mother-in-syria

Barryd999 - 2019-01-24 12:38 AM

Good for him. I played in a session band in Ireland with Roger Waters in a pub on Lough Derg in my early twenties, just sayin.

Yeah admire what he did on that though having watched a documentary on PF, could see how he and Dave Gilmour were never going to get on. Waters came over as very assertive and Dave Gilmour is the absolute opposite. Also have Nick Masons book which is an interesting read.

"Into the red" is a book cowritten by Nick Mason about his performance car collection. The book is supplied with a CD of sixteen tracks featuring the sounds of some of his collection. For the F1 enthusiasts among you the BRM V16 Mk2 recorded at Donnington is one of the finest sounds ever to reach my ears - truely awesome.cheers,

Geeco - 2019-01-24 2:06 AM

"Into the red" is a book cowritten by Nick Mason about his performance car collection. The book is supplied with a CD of sixteen tracks featuring the sounds of some of his collection. For the F1 enthusiasts among you the BRM V16 Mk2 recorded at Donnington is one of the finest sounds ever to reach my ears - truely awesome.cheers,

Hey sweet "music" eh Gary.....i used to regularly go to race meetings at Donnington as it's an easy drive from where i live, though am closer to Oulton Park where as a teenage lad had the honour of watching the late great Jim Clark race and back then access to pit enclosures was much easier, unlike now.

The Nick Mason book i have is "Inside Out", 1st edition in hardback which is a history of Pink Floyd. I think you will know of The Australian Pink Floyd Show? If you like PF stuff and haven't seen the Oz band....definitely recommend going as they're absolutely brilliant. That good, Dave Gilmours wife arranged for them to play at Dave's 50th birthday bash. They are also the only cover band to have done a world tour.

BBC screened an excellent documentary with Dave Gilmour in 2015 called Wider Horizons. Well worth watching if you haven't seen it.

Violet1956 - 2019-01-24 4:51 PM

Being a big fan of David Gilmour I formed a dim view of Roger Waters but his efforts on this count deserve our admiration.

Likewise regards the two within their professional careers (chalk 'n cheese characters) but i agree, admire what he did on helping get those two brothers to safety.

Archived