Playing digital camera movies on your puter.

Mick H.

I have quite a few mini movies that I have recorded on my digi camera and downloaded on to the puter Now when I try to play them in Windows Media player it says cant do this , play with Real Player,When I try to do this it says can't do this,need Apple software and quicktime player, when I download this it brings along I.tunes for a ride. How can I get rid of these extra programms that I dont want, and just play the movies on Windows It's no wonder I cant record on Cyberlink

Mick, you need a copy of 'Real Alternative'. I've used it for years and it works a treat and is really lean.

The latest version is v1.80 and you can get a copy from http://www.free-codecs.com/real_Alternative_download.htm  

Once installed the icon will say 'Media Player Classic'.

Start the player then go into View | Options | Player | Formats and tick which formats you want it to play or just tick the ALL button for it to play everything.

Please note that if you break your PC or it fails to continue to function I don't do South of the A303 particularly during the summer months :-)

W2G

Archived