Poor Darlings ...

Birdbrain

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
colin - 2021-01-02 5:41 PM

For once some teachers showing they have some common sense, unlike .gov who threaten legal action against some London schools then did a complete u turn a couple of weeks later.

Totally agree....it never made sense to me to keep schools open. Antony hates teachers though as when they were on strike he posted, "am going straight on pavement for em in me van".

Bulletguy - 2021-01-02 6:23 PM

For once some teachers showing they have some common sense, unlike .gov who threaten legal action against some London schools then did a complete u turn a couple of weeks later.

Totally agree....it never made sense to me to keep schools open. Antony hates teachers though as when they were on strike he posted, "am going straight on pavement for em in me van".

Its crazy. January and February look very likely to be horrendous so it will be yet another U turn but again after the horse has bolted resulting an even bigger spike and probably a longer closure. They just learn nothing.

Birdbrain - 2021-01-03 8:30 AM

Politically motivated chancers and lazy gits ... https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9107143/Lefts-new-bid-schools-shut-Councils-unions-unite-pupils-lessons.html?ito=social-twitter_dailymailUK ... Do ya job like millions of others have to

Not when that job is in breach of Section 44 of the Health and Safety Act.

Barryd999 - 2021-01-02 6:52 PM

Its crazy. January and February look very likely to be horrendous so it will be yet another U turn but again after the horse has bolted resulting an even bigger spike and probably a longer closure. They just learn nothing.

Who will look after the kids at home if parents working?

jumpstart - 2021-01-03 8:47 AM

The bottom line is that schools returning now will lead to more unnecessary deaths. A simple solution is to break now for six weeks and then teach through the summer. By then the vaccine will be more widely distributed - including all teachers, classrooms can be well ventilated or even teaching outside.

CurtainRaiser - 2021-01-03 8:45 AM

Birdbrain - 2021-01-03 8:30 AM

Politically motivated chancers and lazy gits ... https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9107143/Lefts-new-bid-schools-shut-Councils-unions-unite-pupils-lessons.html?ito=social-twitter_dailymailUK ... Do ya job like millions of others have to

Not when that job is in breach of Section 44 of the Health and Safety Act.

Chuckle :-D

CurtainRaiser - 2021-01-03 9:03 AM

The bottom line is that schools returning now will lead to more unnecessary deaths. A simple solution is to break now for six weeks and then teach through the summer. By then the vaccine will be more widely distributed - including all teachers, classrooms can be well ventilated or even teaching outside.

"teach through the summer" ... "teaching outside" ... This is a parody account isnt it ... PMSL

Birdbrain - 2021-01-03 9:18 AM

"teach through the summer" ... "teaching outside" ... This is a parody account isnt it ... PMSL

No, it's based on what the experts say.

https://educationbusinessuk.net/features/learning-outside-classroom-ofsted-perspective

CurtainRaiser - 2021-01-03 9:35 AM

Birdbrain - 2021-01-03 9:18 AM

No, it's based on what the experts say.

https://educationbusinessuk.net/features/learning-outside-classroom-ofsted-perspective

Did you really just post that up in defence of your daft claim ??? ... Chuckle ... Since you have quoted Ofsted get up to date with what the Ofsted chief is saying regarding closing schools ... https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-teachers-have-legal-right-not-to-return-to-school-as-ofsted-chief-says-education-cannot-be-furloughed-12178043 ... Explain how summer school openings will work when teachers, parents and other school staff will already have summer holidays booked and when schools use the summer period for maintenance that cant be done while kids are at school ??? ... Me and the hubby are away on the bikes now so you take ya time thinking about ya reply FartyPants

This is a sensible suggestion. Could they not just in some cases put the kids back a year and just give them the rest of the year off? I would have loved that! (lol)

As for looking after them, what do working parents do in the summer holidays?

jumpstart - 2021-01-03 12:35 PM

Again...who will look after the kids if parents are working...?

The same people who looked after them during the first lockdown. I understand it's far from perfect, but we are entering a critical stage with newCV-19, it is spreading at a high rate and SAGE themselves recognise schools are some of the worst for spreading it. Our area got hit before Christmas and schools where heavily hit, it is now spreading through the parents, in our area we get weekly bulletins which, amongst other things, breaks down the infections by age group, and it is telling how schools where the initial prime spreader.

I'm sure the experts at SAGE know best, but my best guess is we need schools shut all January whilst the vaccine is starting to get rolled out, then (in my simple mind) schools could open and there would be a balance between spread and vaccine roll out.

CurtainRaiser - 2021-01-03 1:12 PM

Who will look after the teachers children when the teacher is hospitalized/dead?

That doesn’t answer the question.

Perhaps the government need to step in and offer to help parents who are struggling to look after children if they close the schools. Paid leave perhaps but either way the schools have to close. Sage have said so. Mind you since when did Johnson ever listen to them?

Johnson is an absolute arsehole though. I just heard him on the news say schools are totally safe and children are not at risk. WTF! They clearly are not safe, the new variant seems to like the young people and even if they are safe the whole point is they can spread to those who are NOT safe.

jumpstart - 2021-01-03 1:31 PM

Who will look after the teachers children when the teacher is hospitalized/dead?

You're building brick walls J/start. Most families have access to childcare be it temporary or other and if they cannot get that they've usually got at least one friend and/or relative in the area who can step in. Where I used to work a young couple with three children had split up. Both parents worked shifts full time......and continued doing so sharing the childcare duties between themselves and both families.

Barryd999 - 2021-01-03 1:38 PM

Johnson is an absolute arsehole though. I just heard him on the news say schools are totally safe and children are not at risk. WTF! They clearly are not safe, the new variant seems to like the young people and even if they are safe the whole point is they can spread to those who are NOT safe.

All his kids are in boarding schools aren't they? That's how little he thinks of his brood.....shovels 'em off out the way so he can carry on shagging. :-|

jumpstart - 2021-01-03 1:31 PM

I'm simply pointing out that you think a teacher is disposable in the interest of providing child care to keep the economy going.

Archived