Pound euro........That explains it.......

Guest pelmetman

Guest pelmetman

https://www.poundsterlinglive.com/gbp-live-today/10281-british-pound-to-rise-regardless-of-brexit-soap-opera-say-mbmg-group-as-sterling-trades-at-multi-week-highs-vs-euro-and-u-s-dollar

"Pound Sterling is a "buy on dips" candidate which is undervalued because the market is over-estimating the negative consequences of Brexit, according to Peter Gambles, co-founder and managing partner of advisory service MBMG Group."

I'd wondered why it was up and down like a whores draws ;-) ...............

Like shares, there are always some people saying the pound will rise. and some saying it will fall.

But if the majority thought it will rise they would have bought and it would have already risen.

And if the majority thought it will fall they would have sold and it would have already fallen,

So the price is always where the average investor thinks it should be.

Which in the case of the pound is well down against external currencies (like the dollar) since the Brexit vote.

- Its sensible to compare it with a currency unaffected by Brexit..

Unlike the Mad Hatter's comparison with the other currency most affected by Brexit. *-)

John52 - 2018-11-06 2:02 PM

Like shares, there are always some people saying the pound will rise. and some saying it will fall.

But if the majority thought it will rise they would have bought and it would have already risen.

And if the majority thought it will fall they would have sold and it would have already fallen,

Which in the case of the pound is well down against external currencies (like the dollar) since the Brexit vote.

Unlike the Mad Hatter's comparison with the other currency most affected by Brexit. *-)

Anyone speak double Dutch ??? ... Translation needed

Guest pelmetman

Currently 1.15 ;-) ........not been there for a while :D ........

BTW hows the euro doing against the dollar? >:-) .........

pelmetman - 2018-11-06 5:41 PM

I can see my explanation has gone in one ear and out the other as usual.

So I might as well give up.

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2018-11-07 7:53 AM

pelmetman - 2018-11-06 5:41 PM

I can see my explanation has gone in one ear and out the other as usual.

So I might as well give up.

Your correct ;-) ..........Remoaner propaganda is wasted on me :D .........

But talking of the Pound Euro........I'm now firmly of the opinion the Pound is the Tail wagging the Euro Dog B-) ..........and the Euro wont climb until after Brexit........on the coat tails of the British Pound >:-) .........

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2018-11-07 9:12 AM

Lesson 1) The value of the pound is dependent on making things we can sell abroad

And they are getting less by the day as more factories relocate to the EU;

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2018/nov/06/new-blow-for-uk-car-industry-as-european-parts-factories-close-michelin-schaeffler

" It blamed dwindling demand for smaller tyres. It said the decision was unrelated to the Brexit vote."

Nice try Peter.........but no straight banana (lol) ...........

pelmetman - 2018-11-07 9:27 AM

John52 - 2018-11-07 9:12 AM

Lesson 1) The value of the pound is dependent on making things we can sell abroad

And they are getting less by the day as more factories relocate to the EU;

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2018/nov/06/new-blow-for-uk-car-industry-as-european-parts-factories-close-michelin-schaeffler

" It blamed dwindling demand for smaller tyres. It said the decision was unrelated to the Brexit vote."

Nice try Peter.........but no straight banana (lol) ...........

Neat bit of editing there - reading what you want to hear and ignoring the rest as usual (lol)

(Michelin) blamed dwindling demand for smaller tyres. It said the decision was unrelated to the Brexit vote."

Well if you ignore all the factories who have said they are or may be closing / reducing investment due to Brexit and only look at Michelin it still leaves you with a difficult question.

Actions speak louder than words, and whatever Michelin say they are not closing factories in the EU - just in Britain.

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2018-11-08 7:35 AM

(Michelin) blamed dwindling demand for smaller tyres. It said the decision was unrelated to the Brexit vote."

Well if you ignore all the factories who have said they are or may be closing / reducing investment due to Brexit and only look at Michelin it still leaves you with a difficult question.

Actions speak louder than words, and whatever Michelin say they are not closing factories in the EU - just in Britain.

Michelin are closing the factory........NOT relocating it to the EU *-) .........

Don't get all grumpy because your Remoaner spin has been unspun :D .........

pelmetman - 2018-11-08 9:22 AM

Michelin are closing the factory........NOT relocating it to the EU *-) .........

Michelin are still making tyres in the EU.

They are just makling fewer tyres so had to pick a factory to close.

Unsurprisingly they prefer not to make them on the wrong side of Britrain's trade barrier.

S its the British factory that is closing.

No the EU factory.

Have you managed to think of ny factories coming here because of Brexit *-)

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2018-11-08 10:00 AM

Unsurprisingly they prefer not to make them on the wrong side of Britrain's trade barrier.

No the EU factory.

My mistake *-) .......I forgot you're a brain dead Remoaner :D ........

So assume you are a "French" manufacturer "Who" has fallen on hard times ;-) ..........

Do you ......

A) .......Invest in a foreign country?.........

B)........Or do you not invest at all and reduce your overheads, especially if you have something to blame your bad news on? >:-) ..........

Obviously you've never run a business have you? *-) ..........

pelmetman - 2018-11-10 3:31 PM

No the EU factory.

So assume you are a "French" manufacturer "Who" has fallen on hard times ;-) ..........

Do you ......

B)........Or do you not invest at all and reduce your overheads, especially if you have something to blame your bad news on? >:-) ..........

You still haven't managed to think of any factories coming here because of Brexit

A simple 'No' would have been better than all that Waffle.

(lol)

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2018-11-10 5:58 PM

No the EU factory.

Do you ......

You still haven't managed to think of any factories coming here because of Brexit

A simple 'No' would have been better than all that Waffle.

(lol)

Why are you so bothered about attracting foreign companies? :-S .........

Oh I forgot you hate anything British >:-) ........

pelmetman - 2018-11-10 6:04 PM

So you are still ignoring the question / changing the subject / waffling because you can't come up with any factories - British or otherwise I don't mind which - that are setting up because of Brexit

At the risk of stating the obvious we haven't got enough British companies to support our economy.

Because those we had - like the car industry - didn't do very well until they came under foreign management with the benefit of free trade with the EU. And now your Brexit is about to scupper them as well.

I can see what some hope to get out of Brexit - like avoiding an EU wide tax treaty getting into Her Majesty's Tax Havens, buying up distressed assets cheap like the scrap merchants dismantling Britain's factories, or becoming Prime Minister after creating the vacancy by unseating Remainers.

What I don't understand is what you hope to get out of Brexit

John52 - 2018-11-11 8:30 AM

I can see what some hope to get out of Brexit - like avoiding an EU wide tax treaty getting into Her Majesty's Tax Havens, buying up distressed assets cheap like the scrap merchants dismantling Britain's factories, or becoming Prime Minister after creating the vacancy by unseating Remainers.

What I don't understand is what you hope to get out of Brexit

Victory over Remoaners John. It has to be, there is nothing else that matters now to many. Its all about "The Win". Stuff the economy, stuff their children and grandchildrens future. None of that matters to them anymore. To admit they made a massive mistake and to back down to those arrogant "elitist" Remoaners is just too much of a cross to bear. Nobody believes we will be better off post Brexit now. Well they certainly can no longer explain how if they do. Its gone way beyond all that now. Thankfully there are a few who have not got Brexit ga ga mad and the worm is turning.

No the EU factory.

Do you ......

Ahem! :-) Michelin manufacturing plants in Europe. http://tinyurl.com/ycbcmaj5 Others in other countries, just select the required zone.

John52 - 2018-11-11 7:51 AM

pelmetman - 2018-11-10 6:04 PM

So you are still ignoring the question / changing the subject / waffling because you can't come up with any factories - British or otherwise I don't mind which - that are setting up because of Brexit

At the risk of stating the obvious we haven't got enough British companies to support our economy.

Because those we had - like the car industry - didn't do very well until they came under foreign management with the benefit of free trade with the EU. And now your Brexit is about to scupper them as well.

You won't get an answer to any of your questions because he has none so hits the bottle whilst his precious Brexit implodes around him.

John52 - 2018-11-11 8:30 AM

What I don't understand is what you hope to get out of Brexit.

Good luck on that one too! (lol)

Barryd999 - 2018-11-11 9:51 AM...........................Stuff the economy, stuff their children and grandchildrens future. None of that matters to them anymore. To admit they made a massive mistake and to back down to those arrogant "elitist" Remoaners is just too much of a cross to bear. Nobody believes we will be better off post Brexit now. Well they certainly can no longer explain how if they do. Its gone way beyond all that now. Thankfully there are a few who have not got Brexit ga ga mad and the worm is turning.

If anyone has the time, inclination, and can still find one, get an intact copy of today's Observer and look at page 32 of the enclosed Review section. A fascinating pen portrait of the Rees-Moggs, father and son, which sets out to explain what makes Jacob tick. It is obviously a personal view, and is probably somewhat slanted, though not obviously so, and is well written. Still waters!

Brian Kirby - 2018-11-11 4:47 PM

Barryd999 - 2018-11-11 9:51 AM...........................Stuff the economy, stuff their children and grandchildrens future. None of that matters to them anymore. To admit they made a massive mistake and to back down to those arrogant "elitist" Remoaners is just too much of a cross to bear. Nobody believes we will be better off post Brexit now. Well they certainly can no longer explain how if they do. Its gone way beyond all that now. Thankfully there are a few who have not got Brexit ga ga mad and the worm is turning.

If anyone has the time, inclination, and can still find one, get an intact copy of today's Observer and look at page 32 of the enclosed Review section. A fascinating pen portrait of the Rees-Moggs, father and son, which sets out to explain what makes Jacob tick. It is obviously a personal view, and is probably somewhat slanted, though not obviously so, and is well written. Still waters!

Seems the Observer aren't so keen on sharing online but the Guardian ran what's possibly similar.

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2018/nov/09/mystic-mogg-jacob-rees-mogg-willam-predicts-brexit-plans

They're certainly an oddball family and one of his sons, Theodore Alphege, is a cartoon caricature of his father....with suits, glasses and hairstyle out of the 1940's and the poor child is only 9 years old. *-)

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/05/28/pictures-day-28-may-2018/peter-theodore-alfege-rees-mogg-9-youngest-son-jacob-rees-mogg/

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2018-11-11 12:46 PM

No the EU factory.

Do you ......

Ahem! :-) Michelin manufacturing plants in Europe. http://tinyurl.com/ycbcmaj5 Others in other countries, just select the required zone.

"Michelin produces over 187 million tires in 68 production facilities in 17 countries.

Datas at December, 31st, 2016"

I think they'll have to update their website again ;-) .......

When Michelin closed plants in America was that due to Brexit? *-) .........

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2018-11-11 4:47 PM

It is obviously a personal view, and is probably somewhat slanted,

Are Remoaners capable of any other kinda view? (lol) (lol) (lol) ...........

Guest pelmetman

£1.15 today...........Got £1.12 at our local exchange B-) .........I

t's funny how the exchange's out here can offer much better rates for cash than the UK Post Office can? :-S .........

Archived