You are logged in as a guest. 
  Home Forums Home  Search our Forums Search our Forums    Log in to the Forums Log in to the Forums  register Register on the Forums  

Forums ->  General Chat -> Chatterbox
Jump to page : First 1 Last
Format:  Go
Prince Andrew - Loss of HRH and military titles
AuthorMessage
userGremlin
Posted: 14 January 2022 8:23 AM
Subject: Prince Andrew - Loss of HRH and military titles

Keeps coming back for more

Any thoughts?

Long overdue IMO
userJohn52
Posted: 14 January 2022 8:46 AM
Subject: RE: Prince Andrew - Loss of HRH and military titles

The special one

It took a letter signed by more than 150 veterans to get this far.
Nevertheless, apparently Prince Andrew 'will retain his current military rank of vice admiral'
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/jan/13/veterans-ask-queen-to-strip-prince-andrew-of-honorary-military-titles
I say apparently because its notoriously difficult to get them to answer questions.
Nevertheless, even Prince Andrew was more successful as our Trade Envoy than Boris Johnson
Edit: or perhaps I should say Prince Andrew was less damaging as our Trade Envoy than Boris Johnson.

Edited by John52 2022-01-14 9:03 AM
userGremlin
Posted: 14 January 2022 9:39 AM

Keeps coming back for more

John52 - 2022-01-14 8:46 AM

Nevertheless, apparently Prince Andrew 'will retain his current military rank of vice admiral'
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/jan/13/veterans-ask-queen-to-strip-prince-andrew-of-honorary-military-titles
I say apparently because its notoriously difficult to get them to answer questions.
Nevertheless, even Prince Andrew was more successful as our Trade Envoy than Boris Johnson
Edit: or perhaps I should say Prince Andrew was less damaging as our Trade Envoy than Boris Johnson.

Hmmmmm

If what you say is true, one wonders how he achieved such success.

Let’s hope it was simply his Family ties and having a good hair-cut.
userJohn52
Posted: 15 January 2022 7:43 AM

The special one

Gremlin - 2022-01-14 9:39 AM

John52 - 2022-01-14 8:46 AM

Hmmmmm

If what you say is true, one wonders how he achieved such success.

Let’s hope it was simply his Family ties and having a good hair-cut.

Well thats why I changed my mind from 'success' to 'less damaging'
Debateable I suppose. I could be wrong on that.
Whatever, he is still the Duke of York (citizens of York must be pleased about that ) He is still entitled to spend our money, and about £2million a year to pay for his protection from lawyers wielding court papers, - although the police watching him can't tell us where he was on the dates of the alleged offences. Neither can his servants who are still bound by the Official Secrets Act. His servants are not only gagged but also excluded from employment protection legislation. So I am more worried about their welfare than those in foreign jurisdictions.....
Although he can't be extradited to face charges like a genuine private citizen https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/jan/14/us-man-who-faked-death-to-evade-charge-arrested-in-glasgow-hospital
So its all just another Sop really.
The pretence that he is fighting the case as a private citizen is to protect the firm - so they can dismiss questions about him. Even though he is still has Royal titles, still spending our money, and those who could give evidence against him are still gagged with the threat of imprisonment if they say where he was.
Jump to page : First 1 Last
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)(Return to Homepage)

Any problems? Contact the administrator