Private Messages

michele

If I look in my Outbox there is four Private messages there.

Can anyone tell me why they sit there .

Sometimes you can send or reply to people and they just sit there I thought it was because they were stuck . But on asking before I was told by the MOD's They were not stuck .

If you can see that the people you are writing to are online.

Then why does this Forum not pick up on that take them from your mail box and deliver them to the intended person's

Geoff you have mail

Rich you have mail

Mel E you have mail

Clareth you have mail.

can anyone explain please this system that seems to work sometime but not others.. Thanking you all. *-)

Hi peejay,

So does that mean that people are not watching there boxes ? as to when hey have mail .

Well if it does then I am totally lost because when someone send's them to me my computer tells me but notice I say send's to me.

When I try to return they just sit there why can't I push a send button ? *-)

Yes, quite possible.

If they don't have the "notify me when someone sends me a private message" box ticked in their profile then the only sign that you have mail is a little number in the welcome bit at the top right of the page, very easy to miss.

pete.

Messages will sit in your 'outbox' until the person they're addressed to comes online, whereupon they will be moved to their 'inbox'.

The list of people who are online that you can see at the bottom of the forums homepage actually shows people who have been online recently - not just people who are online right this second. The higher up the list they are, the more recent their last activity.

Guest starspirit

Michele - if my computer is switched off I can't read any messages whether an alert has been sent and/or received or not, and I don't leave the internet or computer on all day - only when I am sat at it.

Guest starspirit

I tend to come and go on the computer depending on whether I've just remembered something I went on for but forgot to do or whether the evening (don't do daytime tv) TV crap is less crappy than usual or whether the dog wants a walk or whether SWMBO wants me to do something useful (shock horror - me - useful?) or something completely different.

I must admit I often miss that I've got a Private Message in the inbox, I wish it was a bit more in the 'eye' line for when I'm looking through the foum.

Totally off topic (sorry but Mark started it by asking about the Brompton!)(lol), here's a photo of an unusual folding bike we've got - anyone know what it is then? It's a good few years old and is in extremely good condition and stil has some of the plastic protective film on the framework. It's got rubber joints and is an absolute hoot to ride, especially if like my husband you don't secure it properly - he fell off it on a campsite at York about 5 years back, it was difficult not to laugh and then nigh on impossible when he got back on it and fell off again!!!!! I just hid in the camper and pretended I didn't know him! :$

1608638387_madison-openclosed.jpg.9d39c5c882b8403dbedae002364ea3a9.jpg

Well spotted, yes, it's an Airframe! Designed by British architect Grahame Herbert in 1977, and won the third prize in the 1970 Bike of the Future competition run by the British Cycling Federation. But it did not become available until 1985, and Madison listed it in their "Freewheel" catalogue. We bought it off a friend at a microcar rally for £25.00 with the intention of using it when on holiday in the motorhome.

It's a bit of a collector's piece now I think, apparently there is one in the cycling museum in Wales somewhere but other than that, not many people have seen one before as not many were made. It's certain makes for an interesting ride and is a great talking (and laughing) point at rallies! :->

Archived