Promises... promises...

jumpstart

I heard on the news just now that the government is telling some GPs / Vaccination centres in some areas to slow down and let other areas that are lagging catch up. Unless this is in order to redistribute supply due to a lack of vaccine then its bonkers. Why on earth would you put the brakes on?

Boris...We are taking steps to limit people arriving from Brazil.

Have they stopped flights....No.

Boris....We will make sure people are tested.

Are they testing people from Brazil....No.

The Guardian: UK government to ban flights from Brazil amid new Covid variant, PM hints.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jan/13/uk-government-may-ban-flights-from-brazil-amid-new-covid-variant-pm-hints

jumpstart - 2021-01-14 7:20 AM

Boris...We are taking steps to limit people arriving from Brazil.

Have they stopped flights....No.

Boris....We will make sure people are tested.

Are they testing people from Brazil....No.

The Guardian: UK government to ban flights from Brazil amid new Covid variant, PM hints.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jan/13/uk-government-may-ban-flights-from-brazil-amid-new-covid-variant-pm-hints

Didn't you tell us to "stop flapping" oh wise one over Covid ??? ... What a hypocrite

Gentlemen of Chatterbox, Birdbrain is resorting to side-tracking and provocative posts and throwing insults left right and centre to keep himself active on this (and other) threads, ignoring the widespread criticism he has faced, as if he was our own pestilent Donald Trump, careless of anyone's views other than his own and determined to bluster his way through. It makes no sense to respond to him any way.

I suggest everyone simply ignores his posts altogether from now on.

Gentlemen of Chatterbox, Birdbrain is resorting to side-tracking and provocative posts and throwing insults left right and centre to keep himself active on this (and other) threads, ignoring the widespread criticism he has faced, as if he was our own pestilent Donald Trump, careless of anyone's views other than his own and determined to bluster his way through. It makes no sense to respond to him any way.

StuartO - 2021-01-14 9:37 AM

I have posted once on this thread and quoted what another member said about flapping about Covid ... Maybe you can tell why you have taken umbridge with that ??? I believe its simply because I posted it, thats all and if thats the case I would say you are bullying and trolling ...Not a very nice look I have to say

jumpstart - 2021-01-14 6:57 AM

Sky News: COVID-19: Success of vaccine rollout will remain a mystery so long as government keeps key data under wraps.

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-success-of-vaccine-rollout-will-remain-a-mystery-so-long-as-government-keeps-key-data-under-wraps-12186846

That is what they have done throughout though. Not shared the data. Its what they do. Once again as throughout the entire pandemic the governments first thought is to protect themselves, not us. Always. Its great that we are the second fastest country in the world to roll out a vaccine but a leopard does not change its spots.

The Prime Minister yesterday admitted officials were 'concerned' about the variant and claimed the Government was 'taking steps' to ensure it doesn't spread in Britain.

Taking steps....what steps....well....just hoping really...we really really hope it doesn't get here.

Eventually we will ban flights ,but only after 3 days of hoping.

jumpstart - 2021-01-14 10:57 AM

Mirror Online: New Covid travel rules delayed by 3 days despite fears over Brazil variant.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/new-covid-travel-rules-delayed-23316123

Its just madness! Once again, too little too late. Its almost like its deliberate.

"However, as of 8am today, people can still travel to England from Brazil and do not need a negative Covid-19 result before they arrive." WTF? 8-) Why? All it takes is one, just one person with this new strain to enter the UK and thats it, its here. It might inconvenience people from Brazil they say. Oh really? Thats no good then is it. *-)

This thread is a classic example of how supposedly intelligent people can be brainwashed by people and organisations tat they know noting about.

People like you used to make me annoyed but now I just think you are sad and I am pleased that I and the rest of my immediate family have not been touched by this hysteria.

747 - 2021-01-14 1:31 PM

This thread is a classic example of how supposedly intelligent people can be brainwashed by people and organisations tat they know noting about.

People like you used to make me annoyed but now I just think you are sad and I am pleased that I and the rest of my immediate family have not been touched by this hysteria.

I'm sad. I've been sad since last March when people started dying.

I'm sad we can't all go out touring.

I've not seen any hysteria because I'm too busy running around screaming.

It must be nice being an Ostrich like yourself...just sit around all day.... burying your head in the ground.

Pandemic.... What Pandemic.

jumpstart - 2021-01-14 2:40 PM

I'm sad. I've been sad since last March when people started dying.

I'm sad we can't all go out touring.

I've not seen any hysteria because I'm too busy running around screaming.

It must be nice being an Ostrich like yourself...just sit around all day.... burying your head in the ground.

Pandemic.... What Pandemic.

Didn't you tell us all to "stop flapping" over Covid ??? ... Chuckle

Gentlemen of Chatterbox, Birdbrain has been resorting to side-tracking and provocative posts and throwing insults left right and centre to keep himself active on this (and other) threads, ignoring the widespread criticism he has faced, as if he was our own pestilent Donald Trump, careless of anyone's views other than his own and determined to bluster his way through. It makes no sense to respond to him any way.

I'm not trying to censor him, simply to discourage him from going OTT and behaving so badly towrds others. I suggest everyone simply ignores his posts altogether for a couple of weeks to encourage the penny to drop that he should not be so habitually nasty.

Gentlemen of Chatterbox, Birdbrain has been resorting to side-tracking and provocative posts and throwing insults left right and centre to keep himself active on this (and other) threads, ignoring the widespread criticism he has faced, as if he was our own pestilent Donald Trump, careless of anyone's views other than his own and determined to bluster his way through. It makes no sense to respond to him any way.

I'm not trying to censor him, simply to discourage him from going OTT and behaving so badly towrds others. I suggest everyone simply ignores his posts altogether for a couple of weeks to encourage the penny to drop that he should not be so habitually nasty.

StuartO - 2021-01-14 2:46 PM

Just do the boo-hoo that would be funny

StuartO - 2021-01-14 2:47 PM

Or the crying baby ... Chuckle

Its not hysteria, its frustration. Ever since March its been too little too late with Johnson and his team. Thats how they started and it seems they learn nothing and each time there is a new development they react too slowly. You could be forgiven for thinking it was deliberate. Each time, the experts scream at them to react, they delay. We can see it, why can they?

Interesting video here https://www.facebook.com/ledbydonkeys/videos/1104248263353300

Archived