Queen of The EU

Birdbrain

Barryd999 - 2019-12-30 6:33 PM

Flag waving in Germany is a bit of a no no unless its a football match. I think this was possibly before the election result by the looks of it (possibly). She clearly thought it was a bad idea as its just not the done thing in Germany. Fake news Twitter slur.

Dear oh dear ... She's the head of Germany and thats the German flag Barry , who's going to be offended ??? ... She seems happy enough to stand behind an EU flag ... https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/emmanuel-macron-eu-army-european-france-angela-merkel-germany-trump-a8631806.html ... Talking about an EU army

Fake news Twitter slur.

Pretty much all it is as it's a heavily edited 9 second snatch with nothing showing prior or after. Not unlike how the Tories edited Keir Starmers speech to make it appear something it wasn't, then post onto sm to whip up hatred.

Typically the tweet was originated by a far right racist who follows that other bigot, Katie Hatie, and quelle surprise....it gets posted by an American Republican. What a cesspit of hatred Antony dwells in. *-)

Bulletguy - 2019-12-30 9:13 PM

Fake news Twitter slur.

Pretty much all it is as it's a heavily edited 9 second snatch with nothing showing prior or after. Not unlike how the Tories edited Keir Starmers speech to make it appear something it wasn't, then post onto sm to whip up hatred.

Typically the tweet was originated by a far right racist who follows that other bigot, Katie Hatie, and quelle surprise....it gets posted by an American Republican. What a cesspit of hatred Antony dwells in. *-)

That explains the replies then. Mr Birdbrain does follow some lovely Twitterers.

Its right what I said about flag waving in Germany though.

Barryd999 - 2019-12-30 10:11 PM

Fake news Twitter slur.

That explains the replies then. Mr Birdbrain does follow some lovely Twitterers.

WW2 left Germany between a rock and a hard place. The national flag itself is ok but not overdone as some see it as displays of nationalism which is too closely associated with the far right and bad memories of past history. What is totally forbidden is flying or wearing of the Swastika which ironically, is perfectly legal here in UK (though frowned on). German people do not like neo-Nazi types but don't pretend they don't exist as they know they are there....they just don't want 'em around. Not all have shaven heads and heavily tattooed bodies.

The serious flag flyers though are the Swiss where it's common to see a full size Swiss flag flying mounted on a massive pole in someones garden. But in fairness to the Swiss, many see it as the sign of 'a nutter' and it's often the butt of many a joke. Nothing infuriates a Swiss-German to be known as German....because they are not, but many 'funny foreigner' types, particularly Brits, cannot distinguish between the two.

None of my German friends fly the flag anywhere though Peter has by far the best 'flag' displayed on the back of his car. He shares my taste in quality music! :-D

989517892_PetersMerc.jpg.1894fec079612f140be5066779303b49.jpg

Bulletguy - 2019-12-31 12:16 AM

Fake news Twitter slur.

WW2 left Germany between a rock and a hard place. The national flag itself is ok but not overdone as some see it as displays of nationalism which is too closely associated with the far right and bad memories of past history. What is totally forbidden is flying or wearing of the Swastika which ironically, is perfectly legal here in UK (though frowned on). German people do not like neo-Nazi types but don't pretend they don't exist as they know they are there....they just don't want 'em around. Not all have shaven heads and heavily tattooed bodies.

The serious flag flyers though are the Swiss where it's common to see a full size Swiss flag flying mounted on a massive pole in someones garden. But in fairness to the Swiss, many see it as the sign of 'a nutter' and it's often the butt of many a joke. Nothing infuriates a Swiss-German to be known as German....because they are not, but many 'funny foreigner' types, particularly Brits, cannot distinguish between the two.

None of my German friends fly the flag anywhere though Peter has by far the best 'flag' displayed on the back of his car. He shares my taste in quality music! :-D

"friends" ??? ... Fancy going round taking pics of rear ends

Fake news Twitter slur.

Some Germans suffer from the same disease many here in Blighty suffer from , hatred of their flag and country and a deep hatred of those who show any sign of patriotism , we've just had over 3 years of it here with the likes of your boyfriends screaming racist at any opportunity ... Thankfully with the rise of the beautiful Afd in Germany trashing the flag as your Queen did is frowned upon

Birdbrain - 2019-12-31 7:24 AM

Fake news Twitter slur.

Some Germans suffer from the same disease many here in Blighty suffer from , hatred of their flag and country and a deep hatred of those who show any sign of patriotism , we've just had over 3 years of it here with the likes of your boyfriends screaming racist at any opportunity ... Thankfully with the rise of the beautiful Afd in Germany trashing the flag as your Queen did is frowned upon

Its people like the BNP. AFD and the angry nationalists in that Twitter feed you posted though that have turned many away from flying their flags in a celebratory or patriotic way though. The real hatred I see is from people like that. They seem to hate everything and everyone that doesn't support their nationalistic and often racist views. Look at how the England flag has now been hijacked. If the only people that are going around angrily waving national flags are the same people that are constantly spouting hate towards unity, equality, acceptance and multiculturalism its bound to turn the majority off as thankfully most people do not share their views.

Barryd999 - 2019-12-31 7:52 AM

Fake news Twitter slur.

Its people like the BNP. AFD and the angry nationalists in that Twitter feed you posted though that have turned many away from flying their flags in a celebratory or patriotic way though. The real hatred I see is from people like that. They seem to hate everything and everyone that doesn't support their nationalistic and often racist views. Look at how the England flag has now been hijacked. If the only people that are going around angrily waving national flags are the same people that are constantly spouting hate towards unity, equality, acceptance and multiculturalism its bound to turn the majority off as thankfully most people do not share their views.

Barry its a national flag , who ever wants to fly that flag is entitled to fly it ... Our national flag received bad press through the 70s and 80s because of football hooligans and nothing to do with the BNP ... In a twist it was also football , Euro 96 that made it acceptable again to fly the flag with pride ... I get it that our home flags are something you and the haters hate

Birdbrain - 2019-12-31 8:06 AM

Fake news Twitter slur.

Barry its a national flag , who ever wants to fly that flag is entitled to fly it ... Our national flag received bad press through the 70s and 80s because of football hooligans and nothing to do with the BNP ... In a twist it was also football , Euro 96 that made it acceptable again to fly the flag with pride ... I get it that our home flags are something you and the haters hate

I dont hate our flag at all, in fact I think the Union Flag is the best flag in the world. I just dont feel the need to wave it about or fly it myself personally like some seem to be obsessed in doing lately.

Swiss flag is different as it represents peace and prosperity.

Whilst England has spent the last 100 years fighting one war or another and stoking up terrorist reprisals, Switzerland has stayed neutral avoided them all

So despite being landlocked with no natural resources and 3 different languages, Switzerland has become far more prosperous and egalitarian than England. And at the end of their wonderful lives the Swiss can die with dignitas, instead of leaving this world through the torture chamber like the British have to.

Thats a flag to be proud of.

Barryd999 - 2019-12-31 8:27 AM

Birdbrain - 2019-12-31 8:06 AM

Fake news Twitter slur.

I dont hate our flag at all, in fact I think the Union Flag is the best flag in the world. I just dont feel the need to wave it about or fly it myself personally like some seem to be obsessed in doing lately.

But with that reply you obviously have an issue with those who do choose to fly a flag ... I have never met anyone obsessed about flying a flag you obviously have ???

Birdbrain - 2019-12-31 9:22 AM

pelmetman - 2019-12-31 9:19 AM

I'll be hoisting battle ensigns on the 1st February B-) ...........

We all know Barrys fave flags , that silly EU rag and his favoured all white one ... Him and the hate squad hate everything British including the flag

Daves example is a prime example of what I have been saying. He sees it all as some kind of nationalistic war. He wants to hoist a war flag as we enter into negotiations with our nearest neighbours and our largest trading partner. FFS. *-)

Just because some of us do not follow your little Englander view point does not mean we hate our country or our flag, it just means we dont particularly like what some of you are doing with it and the direction you want us to head in which to me is insular and backward thinking. Maybe its you that should be flying the white flag.

Birdbrain - 2019-12-31 9:10 AM

John52 - 2019-12-31 8:15 AM

Birdbrain - 2019-12-31 7:15 AM

Fancy going round taking pics of rear ends

its much more common than your obsession with toilet habits

Those toilet habits you told everyone about ya mean

Whem asked yes, because I was trying to be helpful to others on the forum in dealing with an embarrassing, awkward and difficult problem.

But the way you take it, distort it, and try and use it against me has prevented me, and probably others, from putting any personal information on the forum.

Which spoils the forum for us all :-S

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2019-12-31 9:49 AM

We all know Barrys fave flags , that silly EU rag and his favoured all white one ... Him and the hate squad hate everything British including the flag

Daves example is a prime example of what I have been saying. He sees it all as some kind of nationalistic war. He wants to hoist a war flag as we enter into negotiations with our nearest neighbours and our largest trading partner. FFS. *-)

Just because some of us do not follow your little Englander view point does not mean we hate our country or our flag, it just means we dont particularly like what some of you are doing with it and the direction you want us to head in which to me is insular and backward thinking. Maybe its you that should be flying the white flag.

You soppy liberals never did like the British sense of humour did you Barry? *-) ..........

BTW if you think the trade negotiations wont be a proper bun fight, then you really are quite deluded (lol) ......

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7838867/Phil-Hogan-doubts-Boris-Johnsons-Brexit-plan.html

As you can see the EU has already fired the first salvo and we haven't even left yet 8-) ........

Fortunately we have manged to "Take back control" of our Parliament just in time for the final battle >:-) ........

pelmetman - 2019-12-31 11:09 AM

You soppy liberals never did like the British sense of humour did you Barry? *-) ..........

BTW if you think the trade negotiations wont be a proper bun fight, then you really are quite deluded (lol) ......

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7838867/Phil-Hogan-doubts-Boris-Johnsons-Brexit-plan.html

As you can see the EU has already fired the first salvo and we haven't even left yet 8-) ........

Fortunately we have manged to "Take back control" of our Parliament just in time for the final battle >:-) ........

So this is the opening salvo?

"He said: 'At first sight this seems very odd indeed. From our point of view it is important that we move from stunt to substance.

'It would be helpful if the focus was on content rather than timetables.'

Throwing down the gauntlet, he added: 'Too much of the debate in the UK over the past four years was based on the false notion that it is possible to make a clean-break Brexit while retaining all the benefits of EU membership.

'Now that the political deadlock at Westminster is broken the next phase of Brexit needs to be based on realism and hard facts.

'Any 'having our cake and eat it' rhetoric will not fly. Both sides need to proceed calmly and coherently.'"

Seems to me that pointing out that daft slogans and unrealistic timelines (which Doris then breaks) is hardly a threat of war. Well not to any rational balanced human being.....oh hang on we are talking Daily Wail and Pelmethead here.....

Well now BoJo has sacked those who disagreed with him and conned the electorate into giving him a solid majority for 5 years, I hope he will focus on the situation in 5 years time, and limit the damage of his Brexit.

Sadly, I've seen no sign of that so far.

But its early days

The same "little Englander" who wants to open up to the worlds markets ya mean and not just stick to a crooked clubs whose main members are either in recession or flirting very dangerously with it , if thats insular and backward thinking your more stoopid than I thought

Guest pelmetman
Fast Pat - 2019-12-31 11:29 AM

pelmetman - 2019-12-31 11:09 AM

So this is the opening salvo?

"He said: 'At first sight this seems very odd indeed. From our point of view it is important that we move from stunt to substance.

'It would be helpful if the focus was on content rather than timetables.'

Throwing down the gauntlet, he added: 'Too much of the debate in the UK over the past four years was based on the false notion that it is possible to make a clean-break Brexit while retaining all the benefits of EU membership.

'Now that the political deadlock at Westminster is broken the next phase of Brexit needs to be based on realism and hard facts.

'Any 'having our cake and eat it' rhetoric will not fly. Both sides need to proceed calmly and coherently.'"

Seems to me that pointing out that daft slogans and unrealistic timelines (which Doris then breaks) is hardly a threat of war. Well not to any rational balanced human being.....oh hang on we are talking Daily Wail and Pelmethead here.....

"In a highly provocative intervention, EU trade commissioner Phil Hogan insisted Mr Johnson would cave and agree to keep Britain locked inside the bloc's single market and customs union beyond the end of next year."

The Irish EU Numpty is suggesting Boris will change UK "LAW" to comply with their wish to continue bleeding the UK dry for another year or more >:-) ..........

Obviously Mr Hogan is unaware that Boris no longer has to Kowtow to Parliament or the DUP :D .........

Archived