You are logged in as a guest. 
  Home Forums Home  Search our Forums Search our Forums    Log in to the Forums Log in to the Forums  register Register on the Forums  

Forums ->  General Chat -> Chatterbox
Jump to page : FirstPrevious 1 2 3 4 Last
Format:  Go
RATS ... what's their favourite food?
AuthorMessage
usertwooks
Posted: 17 May 2007 8:57 PM
Subject: RE: RATS ... what's their favourite food?

wow this thread has got really exciting and a little bit wild.
Howie I'm ashamed of you, any more of this and you'll have to stand in the corner

speaking of rats - don't suppose east riding have any plans to cull the ones with wings - introduce a few peregrines - that would be good
there's a bird of prey centre opened a couple of miles from us apparently, perhaps if they stopped feeding them .. .. .. .. .. ..

userJanet East Riding
Posted: 17 May 2007 9:20 PM

Liking what I've found

Hi Twooks

Are you talking about the ones with wings in Hull City Centre? If so then that is Hull City Council and not East Riding Council.

If ok, to say on forum, where are you in ER?

Stop feed who........?

Cheers
Janet

usertwooks
Posted: 17 May 2007 9:31 PM

no I'm talking about the $%£$&(()UCVR that are taking over the world. Apparently the wring necked dove [yeah - it's deliberate - it's what I want to do with them] is a rampant illegal immigrant, and now has reps in just about every country, wood pigeons have taken over a nearby Barn Owl nesting site. they make an awful racket, frighten off the other birds, and 5h1t everywhere.

jery - I live near Pocklington - also an immigrant but I got a visa [oh is a lanky] cos I've got relatives in Selby and used to go there for holidays as a kid [ exciting what] [incidentally, there's a continental market on there this Saturday]

userJanet East Riding
Posted: 17 May 2007 9:42 PM

Liking what I've found

Wow Twooks that was some rant, and I thought I was bad going on about my Roland rats!

I remember when I was little (a long time ago) the ring necked doves used to coo down our chimmy and drove us all mad.

I am also an imigrant to the East Riding and have my visa, I am a good Scottish lass who loves the East Riding and we have been made very welcome, which I cannot say the same about when we lived down South. London and Milton Keynes. No offence to any one that lives there, but we found it really unfriendly unlike the North.

Continental market was in Beverley last Sunday. Was ok, not very big, we bought some sausages, but a bit expensive. The regular market in Beverley on a Saturady is really good, has loads of local produce.

Pocklington is a lovely part of the world. (what does oh is a lanky mean?)

Cheers
Janet
userBazza454
Posted: 17 May 2007 9:50 PM

Epic contributor

Janet East Riding - 2007-05-17 9:42 PM Wow Twooks that was some rant, and I thought I was bad going on about my Roland rats! I remember when I was little (a long time ago) the ring necked doves used to coo down our chimmy and drove us all mad. I am also an imigrant to the East Riding and have my visa, I am a good Scottish lass who loves the East Riding and we have been made very welcome, which I cannot say the same about when we lived down South. London and Milton Keynes. No offence to any one that lives there, but we found it really unfriendly unlike the North. Continental market was in Beverley last Sunday. Was ok, not very big, we bought some sausages, but a bit expensive. The regular market in Beverley on a Saturady is really good, has loads of local produce. Pocklington is a lovely part of the world. (what does oh is a lanky mean?) Cheers Janet

I am also an imigrant to the East Riding and have my visa, I am a good Scottish lass who loves the East Riding and we have been made very welcome, which I cannot say the same about when we lived down South. London and Milton Keynes. No offence to any one that lives there, but we found it really unfriendly unlike the North.

Be careful.....

Edited by Bazza454 2007-05-17 9:51 PM
userJanet East Riding
Posted: 17 May 2007 9:57 PM

Liking what I've found

Looks like I have upset someone from Milton Keyes. We lived there for nearly 12 years and I hated everything about the place. The only good thing was the shops. This is only my personal experience.

I will however apologise if I have caused offence, but I do not think it is ok to make threats on a forum.

Janet

userBazza454
Posted: 17 May 2007 10:09 PM

Epic contributor

Janet East Riding - 2007-05-17 9:57 PM Looks like I have upset someone from Milton Keyes. We lived there for nearly 12 years and I hated everything about the place. The only good thing was the shops. This is only my personal experience. I will however apologise if I have caused offence, but I do not think it is ok to make threats on a forum. Janet

Janet,

Have you never heard of TIC?

It translates - tongue in cheek - and you certainly haven't caused offence.

userJanet East Riding
Posted: 17 May 2007 10:15 PM

Liking what I've found

Hi there

I am glad. I am new to going on a forum, but am learning they are a bit like email, that you can say one thing and it sounds like another!

Meant what I said about the shops in Milton Keynes they are mint as my son would say, but unfortunatly in all the years we lived there I really did not settle. But each to their own.

Cheers
Janet
usermichele
Posted: 17 May 2007 10:20 PM

poor you Bazza lol MILton blinking keynes
userBazza454
Posted: 17 May 2007 10:23 PM

Epic contributor

Janet East Riding - 2007-05-17 10:15 PM Hi there I am glad. I am new to going on a forum, but am learning they are a bit like email, that you can say one thing and it sounds like another! Meant what I said about the shops in Milton Keynes they are mint as my son would say, but unfortunatly in all the years we lived there I really did not settle. But each to their own. Cheers Janet

No problem, I don't even like the shops,

Take care.

userBazza454
Posted: 17 May 2007 10:25 PM

Epic contributor

michele - 2007-05-17 10:20 PM poor you Bazza lol MILton blinking keynes

Don't you start or i'll take you to the argument section.... 

usermichele
Posted: 17 May 2007 10:27 PM

you'll take me ha ha I'll see you there
userJanet East Riding
Posted: 17 May 2007 10:33 PM

Liking what I've found

Willan lake is looking good, we were there about a month ago or so. We were visiting friends and was impressed with everything they have put in for kids, glad to see they have refurbished the playground, a lot safer. Enjoyed watching the guys going round on that thing on the water and jumping over all the ramps. When my boys were little we used to go there a lot on our bikes to visit all the geese and get pecked by the swans!!!

However, was not impressed that you now have to pay for the parking!! Still that is Councils for you.. all over the land.

Still think the shops are mint through, I do miss that.

Cheers
Janet
userJanet East Riding
Posted: 17 May 2007 10:35 PM

Liking what I've found

Willen lake is looking good, we were there about a month ago or so. We were visiting friends and was impressed with everything they have put in for kids, glad to see they have refurbished the playground, a lot safer. Enjoyed watching the guys going round on that thing on the water and jumping over all the ramps. When my boys were little we used to go there a lot on our bikes to visit all the geese and get pecked by the swans!!!

However, was not impressed that you now have to pay for the parking!! Still that is Councils for you.. all over the land.

Cheers
Janet
userJanet East Riding
Posted: 17 May 2007 10:36 PM

Liking what I've found

Willen lake is looking good, we were there about a month ago or so. We were visiting friends and was impressed with everything they have put in for kids, glad to see they have refurbished the playground, a lot safer. Enjoyed watching the guys going round on that thing on the water and jumping over all the ramps. When my boys were little we used to go there a lot on our bikes to visit all the geese and get pecked by the swans!!!

Cheers
Janet
userJanet East Riding
Posted: 17 May 2007 10:37 PM

Liking what I've found

Cheers
Janet
usermichele
Posted: 17 May 2007 10:38 PM

So you said !
usertwooks
Posted: 17 May 2007 10:43 PM

ok jery
a lanky - is a Lancastrian
a tyke - is a Yorkshireman
a wessie - is from West Yorkshire - and is a complete one off

lankies n tykes haven't hit it off for ohh over 500 nearly 600 years

[which is funny when you're neither and can just sit back n mix it ]

and southerners - uhh - well it's a bit of a movable line - to me it's really anyone south of a line from the humber to the dee. basically - the M62 altho I suppose we have to let Manchester in!

usertwooks
Posted: 17 May 2007 10:49 PM

and .. .. sorry about the rant, but they really are ruining the previous enjoyment we got from watching the birds around here.

rats with wings or long furry grey tails - need to be culled.

userhowie
Posted: 17 May 2007 11:05 PM

Easy with that submit button Janet. sometimes you get a pause so try to resist the temptation to press again. Michele usually gets them in two at a time but four must be a record. Glad to see your getting on with Twooks, and if there,s anything you need to know regarding how the forum works then she,s the one to ask as she knows it inside out.
usermichele
Posted: 17 May 2007 11:05 PM

userhowie
Posted: 17 May 2007 11:21 PM

Come on then mush. Whats tickling you now then.
usertwooks
Posted: 18 May 2007 10:23 AM

howie - 2007-05-17 11:21 PM

Come on then mush. Whats tickling you now then.

you know 'chele, she's probably mixing the pink ones with the yellow spotted ones
and she's really addicted to the little green smiley - must admit that is quite catching.

usermichele
Posted: 19 May 2007 9:39 PM

Hi Janet ,

hows it going with your furrie friends
usertwooks
Posted: 19 May 2007 10:13 PM

Janet's probably done a runner - obviously a sane and sensible sort - not to mention refined much too good for you lot [or should that be us lot - moi ]

userJanet East Riding
Posted: 20 May 2007 9:27 PM

Liking what I've found

Hi all. Not done a runner, just been really really busy. First of all apologies yet again, not used to forums as I have never been on one before, Don't know how I pressed the button four times!!! Thank you all for your good thoughts.

Anyway update on my good friend Roland!

The good news is that yesterday Hubby and No 2 son cleared out the compost bin, (cost me £5 for number 2 son to do this, but bless him he did despite him nearly throwing up!!) and despite what the pest control officer told us there was no sign of them chewing up threw the bottom of the bin. You could see where they had been burrowing in the earth, but that was about it. Fingers crossed, we no longer have our visitors, but as regards that compost bin, it is gone!!!!! As even if they did not get into it is was obviously attracting them.

Am I one happy bunny or what!

Mel is going to have a interesting time when she gets back from her hols reading through all the posts! As I said before, and here I go again, apologies if I have hijacked this thread somewhat.

Cheers
Janet

userhowie
Posted: 21 May 2007 12:01 AM

You have,nt hijacked the thread at all Janet, in fact you are to be commended for keeping to the subject, something thats sadly lacking where a lot of other users are concerned.
Hopefully the removal of your compost bin will go a long way to solving your problem with the rats, but still a pity as as this form of recycling does wonders for both the enviroment and the garden as well, with this type of fertiliser never bettered when it comes to feeding the soil apart from horse droppings that is. (Droppings?. Getting really sophisticated these days Jan, and I put that down I put that down to mixing with all these educated folk on this forum.)
userJanet East Riding
Posted: 22 May 2007 10:04 PM

Liking what I've found

Howie, you are a Gentleman.

I agree about the compost bin as we have always tried to do our bit for the environment, but we just cannot welcome Roland and his friends. After saying that, we will still keep the scraps that would have gone in the compost bin but take them to the dump instead.

Horse droppings! Don't think horses have droppings! More like great big dumps!!!

I can remember years ago my Grandad collecting this from (cannot remember) might have been the rag and bone man or the police horses, there was alway a big issue about who had it, not like today where cars just drive through it! Where we live there are lots of horses but unfortunately no one wants to scoop up off the roads the little presents that they leave! Ah times gone by.....

You will be glad to hear that we have had no sightings of Roland and friends for a while now, and none of the bate has been taken. So looks like we have not caused any horrible deaths. I am not saying this lightly, as I love animals, but we just had to deal with what we had to deal with.

Cheers
Jante

usermichele
Posted: 22 May 2007 10:11 PM

ITS DUNG you two and nothinf wrong with scraping it off the road ..
Theres only oats and barley and chaf and stuff in it mix ...wont hurt you dont even smell. Good for the plants all the neighbours ask why mine grows
userJanet East Riding
Posted: 22 May 2007 10:15 PM

Liking what I've found

Hi Michele

Dung it is, not droppings, and as I said great big dumps!!! Nothing wrong with scraping it of the road, unfortunaly where I live people are too posh to do that!!!

Only kidding so I don't offend anyone as I seem to do on a regualr basis!

Cheers
Janet
Jump to page : FirstPrevious 1 2 3 4 Last
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)(Return to Homepage)

Any problems? Contact the administrator