Racism on the rise since Brexit

Bulletguy

No surprises here. A nationwide study has found 71% of people from ethnic minorities now report having faced racial discrimination, compared with 58% in January 2016, before the EU vote.

The data comes amid rising concern at the use of divisive rhetoric in public before this week’s European parliament elections, where some leading candidates, including UKIP’s Carl Benjamin and the independent Tommy Robinson, have records of overt racism.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/may/20/racism-on-the-rise-since-brexit-vote-nationwide-study-reveals

A relative of mine who is a life long football enthusiast told me how it's even crept back in there and getting worse to the point he's stopped going to matches as he used to take his youngest niece. I've never been a footie fan but for those who are, here is a good interview with John Barnes.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-05-21 1:36 PM

No surprises here. A nationwide study has found 71% of people from ethnic minorities now report having faced racial discrimination, compared with 58% in January 2016, before the EU vote.

The data comes amid rising concern at the use of divisive rhetoric in public before this week’s European parliament elections, where some leading candidates, including UKIP’s Carl Benjamin and the independent Tommy Robinson, have records of overt racism.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/may/20/racism-on-the-rise-since-brexit-vote-nationwide-study-reveals

A relative of mine who is a life long football enthusiast told me how it's even crept back in there and getting worse to the point he's stopped going to matches as he used to take his youngest niece. I've never been a footie fan but for those who are, here is a good interview with John Barnes.

Tell me about it *-) .........

I've been on this motorhome forum for years..........since I voted for Brexit :-| ..........I've suffered all kinds of virtual abuse since 8-) ........

It's just as well I'm not a person who likes to jump on the victim hood agenda bandwagon ;-) ..........

pelmetman - 2019-05-21 2:49 PM

I've been on this motorhome forum for years..........since I voted for Brexit :-| ..........I've suffered all kinds of virtual abuse since 8-) ........

It's just as well I'm not a person who likes to jump on the victim hood agenda bandwagon ;-) ..........

Which ethnic minority are you from? :-S

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-05-21 8:18 PM

pelmetman - 2019-05-21 2:49 PM

Which ethnic minority are you from? :-S

White Cockneys :D ............

Archived