Rain

nightrider

grey, dismal and raining here, started yesterday and still ongoing. hard to believe i came back from where it was 28degrees to hailstones at one point last friday and now this

What month are we supposed to be in thought we had got past the april mixed bag lot.

knight of the road - 2009-05-15 9:22 AM

rain rain go away and please come back another day.

At last some proper rain, we have been doing rain dances it's been so dry, crops and gardens have been suffering, this is the first time in may gf hasen't had to go in early on a thursday to mow lawns.

You southern wallers really are getting my proverbial goat

It's not just raining here, it's b****y torrential, honestly it is, I've got the central heating on too.

I've just returned from visiting my elderly Mother, she explained upon answering the door to me in her night attire, (what a sight), that when she got up at 9am, she took one look at the weather and went back to bed.

Of course we know we can't do a thing about it but for someone who's practically housebound, it can't be much fun.

I've been looking forward to attending the Clitheroe Real Ale Festival this weekend, but the forecast tells me we'll be sat inside some faceless building instead of sitting out in the sun :-(

Depressed Of Blackburn :D

Its raining up here in Hull and its blooming cold I'm sat with a vest on, t shirt, jumper and a cardigan not a pretty sight. Oh yes I have got jeans on as well!!!

When's this nice summer going to start we've all been promised????

Cheers

LordThornber - 2009-05-15 12:24 PM

You southern wallers really are getting my proverbial goat

It's not just raining here, it's b****y torrential, honestly it is, I've got the central heating on too.

I've just returned from visiting my elderly Mother, she explained upon answering the door to me in her night attire, (what a sight), that when she got up at 9am, she took one look at the weather and went back to bed.

Of course we know we can't do a thing about it but for someone who's practically housebound, it can't be much fun.

I've been looking forward to attending the Clitheroe Real Ale Festival this weekend, but the forecast tells me we'll be sat inside some faceless building instead of sitting out in the sun :-(

Depressed Of Blackburn :D

I remember why we tend to head south on our travels now!! TIC! B-)

Happy and sunburnt suverner. Bas

Well our stay in Skipton was lovely as usual. The weather, well it was bizarre. On arrival, I could feel the sun burning my neck as I filled the water tank. Half an hour later the sky was black and the heavens opened. Once it had stopped, we had a bright sunny walk into the town for some nosh and a pint. Or 3.

Out walking on the hills on Sat, just the same, on/off on/off, it really was like someone was operating a tap for the rain and a switch for the sun.

We didn't get to the beer festival due to the buses not being that accomodating on their times and don't even ask about the train...grr

Martyn

Archived