Rainy city

nightrider

knight of the road - 2009-08-26 6:16 PM No wonder Manchester is known as the rainy city, by god we have had our share this last couple of days. Is this post permitted by Rupert? would he consider it to be banal or unworthy of posting and not intellectual enough.

My advice is that this is exactly the pointless and banal sort of post that you should stick to. Well, you did ask.

Seems we are catching the tail end of Hurricane Bill and set to continue for quite a while. All down to a shift south by the Gulf Stream and read somewhere that this will last for the next three or four hundred years, resulting in constant stormy weather, and with rising sea levels, erosion of much of our coastline, until eventually we will then enter into a new 'mini ice age'.

howie - 2009-08-26 7:19 PM

Seems we are catching the tail end of Hurricane Bill and set to continue for quite a while. All down to a shift south by the Gulf Stream and read somewhere that this will last for the next three or four hundred years, resulting in constant stormy weather, and with rising sea levels, erosion of much of our coastline, until eventually we will then enter into a new 'mini ice age'.

I see that you 'edited' that Howie.

Did you take out the bad bits ?

:-(

malc d - 2009-08-26 7:25 PM

I see that you 'edited' that Howie.

Did you take out the bad bits ?

:-(

Leave it out Malc. Trying to make me out as some prophet of doom or what.

Howie,

Do you have to be so cheerful?

RupertGS - 2009-08-26 6:30 PM
knight of the road - 2009-08-26 6:16 PM No wonder Manchester is known as the rainy city, by god we have had our share this last couple of days. Is this post permitted by Rupert? would he consider it to be banal or unworthy of posting and not intellectual enough.

My advice is that this is exactly the pointless and banal sort of post that you should stick to. Well, you did ask.

Rupert,Can you please advise me and others as to what subjects one can post on? subjects that are in your opinion not pointless or banal.

Rupert,Whether my posts are banal, idiotic or stupid that is your opinion, but they do get replies, negative or positive is immaterial, they are posts and that is the lifes blood that keeps a group like this going, no posts, no group, simple.How many replies do you get to posts initiated by you?

knight of the road - 2009-08-26 8:35 PM

Rupert, Can you please advise me and others as to what subjects one can post on? subjects that are in your opinion not pointless or banal.

Listen you sad little man, as far as I'm concerned you can post as many of your silly and pointless posts as you like. If you insist on telling us such trivia as when you got your haircut, that's fine, I just ignore crap like that.

What I said was that you should only post your sad and banal posts because you're not capable of a rational discussion on any serious topic.

Do you think that the Japanese knew the atomic bomb was about to be dropped on them? Of course they didn't. Did Hitler know we were going to land in Normandy on D Day? No he didn't, it was a big secret and well kept. No one imagined that the Japanese would have the audacity to fly almost the length of the Pacific and bomb Pearl Harbour and any one who believes that the Americans knew about such an impending attack and simply let it happen is beyond belief. I hate to have to be so blunt but you really are the thickest person I think I've ever come across.

Now carry on with your trivia by all means but leave the serious stuff to those that understand it.

knight of the road - 2009-08-26 8:47 PM

Rupert, Whether my posts are banal, idiotic or stupid that is your opinion, but they do get replies, negative or positive is immaterial, they are posts and that is the lifes blood that keeps a group like this going, no posts, no group, simple. How many replies do you get to posts initiated by you?

You really could not be more wrong. The Motorhome Matters section of this forum is quite busy with serious posts from people who are here to discuss motorhomes!

The section that's died of late is Chatterbox. Chatterbox used to be interesting but the reason it's dying is people like you. Your posts aren't interesting or informative and it's probably the same ten people who bother to respond to them. Don't you remember the people who suggested that perhaps you shouldn't post when your earlier excesses upset so many? You are a negative influence on this forum and I wish that you'd do what you've promised to do at least twice when people got sick of you and bugger off!

RupertGS - 2009-08-26 9:03 PM
knight of the road - 2009-08-26 8:35 PM

Rupert, Can you please advise me and others as to what subjects one can post on? subjects that are in your opinion not pointless or banal.

Listen you sad little man, as far as I'm concerned you can post as many of your silly and pointless posts as you like. If you insist on telling us such trivia as when you got your haircut, that's fine, I just ignore crap like that.

What I said was that you should only post your sad and banal posts because you're not capable of a rational discussion on any serious topic.

Do you think that the Japanese knew the atomic bomb was about to be dropped on them? Of course they didn't. Did Hitler know we were going to land in Normandy on D Day? No he didn't, it was a big secret and well kept. No one imagined that the Japanese would have the audacity to fly almost the length of the Pacific and bomb Pearl Harbour and any one who believes that the Americans knew about such an impending attack and simply let it happen is beyond belief. I hate to have to be so blunt but you really are the thickest person I think I've ever come across.

Now carry on with your trivia by all means but leave the serious stuff to those that understand it.

Rupert,Since when have you initiated a serious thread? I have never seen one.This was a serious thread about the heavy rain in Manchester over the last few days which brought in a few posts regarding the weather, nothing to do with the Japanese.You haven't got the ability to start off a serious thread, you are only capable of hitting out at someone else who starts off a thread that you may disagree with, so come on then, lets see what you can post?

I will be mostly delivering programmes for the Music Festival.

10 days, 20+ venues, 63 events starting today!

I may have to have a swift half at each venue - water, of course, I'll be driving. I will probably drown :-(

The sun's shining here today, as ordered. :D

Good luck CliveH with the hair cut, they can be traumatic experiences with some sissy hairdresser telling you all about his boring life.

I've just looked out of my office window and it looks as though it might rain - but my secretary is convinced that it will remain dry.

It would be cruel of me to keep you all in suspense so I shall inform you a little bit later of the precipitation position! :-D :-D :-D

J9withdogs - 2009-08-27 9:50 AM

I will be mostly delivering programmes for the Music Festival.

10 days, 20+ venues, 63 events starting today!

I may have to have a swift half at each venue - water, of course, I'll be driving. I will probably drown :-(

The sun's shining here today, as ordered. :D

Janine,

What kind of music will you be featuring?

Crumbs! 8-) As the person who really IS the thickest one on the forum I think I will refrain from answering. ....... er, oops, I've just answered.

In that case, I am going for a ride on my Boomtrike in the sunshine, taking care of my mum and dad, taking the dog for a lovely walk in the woods, taking care of my mum and dad, reading a chapter of my latest book by Robert Crais, taking care of my mum and dad, cancelling my appointment with the hospice until I come back from seeing my daughter next week, taking care of mum and dad.......... yup! my life really is pretty dull, sorry *-) At least I can look forward to the hurricanes and ice age! :'(

Archived