Rationing now.....FGS!!

Bulletguy

**Note** exact article is published in the FT but as that's paywalled.....this link isn't but when i first read it i thought it was a satirical piece. Worryingly it's not.

Ferry space could be "rationed" for no-deal Brexit *-)

A lottery would be held to allocate remaining permits to other goods, described as by one government official as "gearboxes versus pâté".

How could the worlds fifth wealthiest nation (allegedly) get itself into such an incompetent mess? This is the 21st century not the 1940s fgs!! *-) Oh i forgot.....regressive 'Brexalgia'. *-)

http://www.fruitnet.com/fpj/article/177316/ferry-space-could-be-rationed-for-no-deal-brexit

Guest pelmetman

So are they going to reduce the number of ferries? :-S .........

Are we going to need anymore imports than we currently do? *-) ...........

BTW Bullet how much fruit compared to gearbox's do you think we import from Germany? (lol) (lol) (lol)

Even more worrying for you Bullet 8-) .............How are they going to deport me after 90 days? >:-) .........

pelmetman - 2018-12-04 5:03 PM

BTW Bullet how much fruit compared to gearbox's do you think we import from Germany? (lol) (lol) (lol)

Even more worrying for you Bullet 8-) .............How are they going to deport me after 90 days? >:-) .........

Apparently 90% according to Grayling but no fear, the 'lottery' will ensure essentials like gearboxes will prioritise over food.

No idea what relevance deportation has to do with this matter. Get another thread going if you want to discuss that.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2018-12-04 5:17 PM

No idea what relevance deportation has to do with this matter. Get another thread going if you want to discuss that.

Haven't you been saying I'll be deported for staying longer than 90 days? ;-) ..........

Guest pelmetman

Apparently 90% according to Grayling but no fear, the 'lottery' will ensure essentials like gearboxes will prioritise over food.

What puzzles me with this Remoaner scaremongering ;-) ........

Is its funny how the same traffic that uses the same ferries will suddenly need to be rationed???? *-) .........

pelmetman - 2018-12-04 5:21 PM

Haven't you been saying I'll be deported for staying longer than 90 days? ;-) ..........

Irrelevant to thread topic.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2018-12-04 6:34 PM

pelmetman - 2018-12-04 5:21 PM

Irrelevant to thread topic.

It's about rationing space on ferries isn't it? ;-) ............

So will I have a higher priority than gearbox's or Pate? :D ..........

pelmetman - 2018-12-04 5:25 PM

Is its funny how the same traffic that uses the same ferries will suddenly need to be rationed???? *-) .........

Funny how everything not parroting the batty Brexit mantra is seen as "Remoaner scaremongering". Not only is there a heck of a lot going tits up, this latest piece of farcical ineptness came from your own Government......but you wouldn't know that as you haven't read the article have you?

"Theresa May held two meetings last week to plan for severe disruption to the Dover-Calais ferry route in the event of a no-deal Brexit according to the Financial Times. Transport secretary Chris Grayling warned the cabinet of cross-channel trade between the two ports being cut by up to 87 per cent if Britain crashes out of Europe."

Now.......last time i looked both those people are from the government currently in power unless you can find anything to suggest they aren't? :-|

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2018-12-04 6:41 PM

Funny how everything not parroting the batty Brexit mantra is seen as "Remoaner scaremongering". Not only is there a heck of a lot going tits up, this latest piece of farcical ineptness came from your own Government......but you wouldn't know that as you haven't read the article have you?

"Theresa May held two meetings last week to plan for severe disruption to the Dover-Calais ferry route in the event of a no-deal Brexit according to the Financial Times. Transport secretary Chris Grayling warned the cabinet of cross-channel trade between the two ports being cut by up to 87 per cent if Britain crashes out of Europe."

Now.......last time i looked both those people are from the government currently in power unless you can find anything to suggest they aren't? :-|

They're Remoaners like you Bullet ;-) .........

Cut by 87% that would bankrupt Calais I dont think the French would allow that. *-)

teflon2 - 2018-12-04 7:00 PM

Cut by 87% that would bankrupt Calais I dont think the French would allow that. *-)

They wouldn't.....yet we are daft enough to. Rationing ended in 1954 but apparently Brexiters want to drag the country back there.

Not content with that we string the noose round our own stupid necks even tighter as RORO customs checks further delay and IF the batty Brexiters are batty enough to continue wailing about ending "freedom of movement", HGV drivers bringing in the much needed goods to isolated Little England will clog up the ports whilst having to prove their right to work in the UK and EU Single Market.

Archived