Rebecca Wrong Daily ...

Birdbrain

Guest pelmetman
Birdbrain - 2020-06-30 9:01 PM

... Admits she got it wrong over Jew hating ... https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/jun/29/responsibility-actions-antisemitism-rebecca-long-bailey ... Maybe the haters on here can apologise for sticking up for her if they have any honour ... Its in their Bible , so must be true ... Crack on haters

Yeah like Bullet and Co will admit they were wrong (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) ........

Good on her. She's setting a good example by admitting and explaining her mistake. Maybe Boris can now do the same thing and admit to his racism and homophobia. Gay men 'tank-topped bumboys' and black people 'piccaninnies' with 'watermelon smiles' RLB got it wrong and has said so, come on Boris, set a good example, old boy.

rael - 2020-06-30 10:12 PM

Good on her. She's setting a good example by admitting and explaining her mistake. Maybe Boris can now do the same thing and admit to his racism and homophobia. Gay men 'tank-topped bumboys' and black people 'piccaninnies' with 'watermelon smiles' RLB got it wrong and has said so, come on Boris, set a good example, old boy.

Don't forget his Islamophobia too, describing Muslim women as looking like 'letter boxes' and 'bank robbers', but he has no intention of addressing Islamophobia within the Tory party because he U-turned on his promise to hold an inquiry into it.

https://tinyurl.com/y86oozmq

Birdbrain - 2020-06-30 9:01 PM

... Admits she got it wrong over Jew hating ... https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/jun/29/responsibility-actions-antisemitism-rebecca-long-bailey ... Maybe the haters on here can apologise for sticking up for her if they have any honour ... Its in their Bible , so must be true ... Crack on haters

What bit was about a Jew hating? She got it wrong because she lost her job that’s all. The rest is fanciful.

Big day for Israel today, Annexation day. Now that’s hate.

Bulletguy - 2020-07-01 12:18 AM

Don't forget his Islamophobia too, describing Muslim women as looking like 'letter boxes' and 'bank robbers', but he has no intention of addressing Islamophobia within the Tory party because he U-turned on his promise to hold an inquiry into it.

I think that you really need to understand what a phobia is before chucking around allegations like this one. Or is it a deliberate, calculated smear?

Nicepix - 2020-07-01 7:22 AM

I think that you really need to understand what a phobia is before chucking around allegations like this one. Or is it a deliberate, calculated smear?

You're confusing smearing with the right wing media campaign mounted against Corbyn over 'antisemitism', successfully too i have to admit hence we now hear very little of it since Corbyn's departure. Even those not in support of JC when leader noted that much so i'd be very surprised if you hadn't as even a number of more moderate right wing fm's on political forums had begun to grow weary of it

Former Tory party chair, Baroness Warsi, has been a long term critic of his attitude and failure to address what she said is institutionalised Islamophobia in the Tory party. He's also expressed blatantly racist views calling black people "Piccanninies". Totally unacceptable yet Johnsons right wing supporters appear to find it amusing and dismiss it as fun and why none have the guts to condemn his bigotry is beyond me.

Bulletguy - 2020-07-01 4:05 PM

You're confusing smearing with the right wing media campaign mounted against Corbyn over 'antisemitism', successfully too i have to admit hence we now hear very little of it since Corbyn's departure. Even those not in support of JC when leader noted that much so i'd be very surprised if you hadn't as even a number of more moderate right wing fm's on political forums had begun to grow weary of it

Former Tory party chair, Baroness Warsi, has been a long term critic of his attitude and failure to address what she said is institutionalised Islamophobia in the Tory party. He's also expressed blatantly racist views calling black people "Piccanninies". Totally unacceptable yet Johnsons right wing supporters appear to find it amusing and dismiss it as fun and why none have the guts to condemn his bigotry is beyond me.

I am not confused but it appears that you cannot separate institutional smearing with the misinterpretation of Discrimination.

Saying that someone looks like a letter box isn't racist or discriminatory against a religion. But in the frenzy of smearing your enemy in the hope that some of the poo will stick, this sort of thing is commonplace and is sadly becoming accepted without question.

Saying that a Muslim woman wearing a burqa looks like a letterbox is no more discriminatory than referring to a C of E vicar's 'dog collar'.

Nicepix - 2020-07-01 5:53 PM

Bulletguy - 2020-07-01 4:05 PM

I am not confused but it appears that you cannot separate institutional smearing with the misinterpretation of Discrimination.

Saying that someone looks like a letter box isn't racist or discriminatory against a religion. But in the frenzy of smearing your enemy in the hope that some of the poo will stick, this sort of thing is commonplace and is sadly becoming accepted without question.

Saying that a Muslim woman wearing a burqa looks like a letterbox is no more discriminatory than referring to a C of E vicar's 'dog collar'.

If Islamophobia does not exist in the Tory party......why would Johnson as PM apologise for the offence it's caused? Discrimination can be both overt or covert negativity about any minority and referring to black people as Piccaninnies is racist. I see no comparison between 'letterbox' and 'dog collar' as the latter is never used in a prejudicial or discriminatory manner whilst the former certainly is and his mistake was publishing it.

There is nothing racist in describing what someone is wearing as a letterbox,it’s an observation. Is it racist in describing the garment as black? No. The comments are not about the religion. Nuns Habits also get talked about,but it’s not discrimination.

Of course it is racist to describe Muslim women as looking like Letterboxes and Bank Robbers. There is little doubt about that from most sensible thinking people. Johnson is racist, sexist and homophobic. Of course to his band of merry followers this is great. Its what appeals to them.

There is quite a list.

https://www.businessinsider.com/boris-johnson-record-sexist-homophobic-and-racist-comments-bumboys-piccaninnies-2019-6?r=US&IR=T

jumpstart - 2020-07-02 11:28 AM

Absolutely not racist. But it does show you it’s not as easy as all that to adequately describe it. If their is no hate where’s the crime. If his comment about letterbox is so clear cut ,has he been arrested for a hate crime.

Oh Johnson has proved how untouchable he is as regards breaking the law.

Using racist comments is not necessarily a hate crime its just offensive. He is our Prime Minister and before that a long serving MP and Mayor as well as a well known Journalist. His legacy of racist, sexist and homophobic comments are well documented as the link I posted proves. None of them are hate crimes, just offensive to minority groups and women. As I said, that probably appeals to many of his followers because they are of a similar ilk.

Barryd999 - 2020-07-02 11:36 AM

jumpstart - 2020-07-02 11:28 AM

Absolutely not racist. But it does show you it’s not as easy as all that to adequately describe it. If their is no hate where’s the crime. If his comment about letterbox is so clear cut ,has he been arrested for a hate crime.

Oh Johnson has proved how untouchable he is as regards breaking the law.

Using racist comments is not necessarily a hate crime its just offensive. He is our Prime Minister and before that a long serving MP and Mayor as well as a well known Journalist. His legacy of racist, sexist and homophobic comments are well documented as the link I posted proves. None of them are hate crimes, just offensive to minority groups and women. As I said, that probably appeals to many of his followers because they are of a similar ilk.

Well I’m not a fan of him and I’m really only commenting on the “letterbox” . It may well be offensive bu5 then BLM is offensive to some , I personally don’t see it as racist.. One persons terriorist is another persons freedom fighter.

Could you imagine Keir Starmer coming out with something like that though? It would be bad enough someone on here coming out with it but he is our PM and before that a prominent politician yet they have the gall to call racist on anyone in the Labour party that utters anything critical of the Jews. RLB did nothing wrong IMO apart from not maybe retracting the Tweet and loses her job. Johnson can say and do what he likes, is racist, homophobic, sexist, breaks the law, lied to our Queen, illegally closes down Parliament, kills 65000 because he was too busy planning for Brexit Gongs, almost kills himself due to playing Coronavirus Russian Roulette shaking hand in hospitals yet there his is in number 10. Untouchable. It would be laughable if it wasnt so fecking dangerous.

Barryd999 - 2020-07-02 3:35 PM

Could you imagine Keir Starmer coming out with something like that though? It would be bad enough someone on here coming out with it but he is our PM and before that a prominent politician yet they have the gall to call racist on anyone in the Labour party that utters anything critical of the Jews. RLB did nothing wrong IMO apart from not maybe retracting the Tweet and loses her job. Johnson can say and do what he likes, is racist, homophobic, sexist, breaks the law, lied to our Queen, illegally closes down Parliament, kills 65000 because he was too busy planning for Brexit Gongs, almost kills himself due to playing Coronavirus Russian Roulette shaking hand in hospitals yet there his is in number 10. Untouchable. It would be laughable if it wasnt so fecking dangerous.

No and I think Keir Starmer is not a grand stander that Boris is. Keir is more than likely to be the next Prime Minister after the debacle ‘tis lot have produced.

I don’t think RLB tweet is racist but I couldn’t really care less if people call names at Jews or anybody else.

Political correctness has gone bananas.

Guest pelmetman
jumpstart - 2020-07-02 4:15 PM

No and I think Keir Starmer is not a grand stander that Boris is. Keir is more than likely to be the next Prime Minister after the debacle ‘tis lot have produced.

I don’t think RLB tweet is racist but I couldn’t really care less if people call names at Jews or anybody else.

Given your own anti Israel bias ;-) ..........

I can understand your wishful thinking :D .........

pelmetman - 2020-07-03 8:12 AM

jumpstart - 2020-07-02 4:15 PM

Given your own anti Israel bias ;-) ..........

I can understand your wishful thinking :D .........

Well I guess my bias is the same as Boris’s , no annexation and Palestinian statehood.

Archived