Rejected Deal

John52

Boris' Government won't tell us what the EU has rejected. They are trying to fob us off with their 7 page edited version of the 44 page document *-)

27 countries of the EU have obviously seen it, but we can't

Having sacked anyone with integrity, this is what its like trying to get the truth out of whats left of Boris's 'Government' .. https://www.theguardian.com/politics/commentisfree/2019/oct/07/it-was-pure-method-grayling-but-the-tories-were-wishing-for-arcuri

Well Merkel has hoofed Johnson right in the Bollox this morning.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-deal-angela-merkel-boris-johnson-eu-ireland-border-backstop-a9147146.html

Didnt the Brexiteers once tell us that Merkel would come to our rescue because of the all the cars they want to sell us? Oh dear.

So basically Merkel has said an EU country on its own could leave easily but the UK has special (legal) obligations under an international peace treaty and how to solve those is the UK's problem. If the UK government agrees to keep NI aligned to SM rules and in the CU, then GB is free to go. We cant pull NI out of the customs union without them agreeing and will face consequences if we do. UK might face North Korean style sanctions! (I made that last bit up but it might).

So will Johnson announce its no deal or bust today then meaning he is clearly going to try and break the law?

What a fecking mess. Perhaps they will dig out Mays old deal, dust it off and try yet another font on it.

Just give it up FFS!

Barryd999 - 2019-10-08 11:52 AM

Perhaps they will dig out Mays old deal, dust it off and try yet another font on it.

Sounds like their plan. If BoJo can get some superficial changes to TM's deal, his Tax Haven 'Newspaper' Owners and Hedge fund Masters will present it as a great deal negotiated by Boris, and the Mad Hatter won't know the difference :D

the UK has special (legal) obligations under an international peace treaty and how to solve those is the UK's problem.

BoJo doesn't do detail - thats for his pooper scoopers to sort out after we have left >:-)

Just give it up FFS!

What with BoJo's Hedge Fund backers waging £billions on a crash in our economy, and the 'newspaper' owners backing him under an EU threat of having to pay tax 8-)

I don't think so >:-)

pelmetman - 2019-10-08 1:53 PM

Excellent news B-) ............

Looks like No Deal is the only deal left >:-) .........

We don't need a deal.

Having won two world wars entirely on our own - we are invincible.

Any Brexiteer will tell you that.

;-)

UK might face North Korean style sanctions! (I made that last bit up but it might).

Closer to the truth than you imagine. Trump has put thousands of jobs at risk by slapping 25% tariffs on Scotch whisky as part of his petulant warring with EU. And UK thinks they have a 'special relationship' with the US. *-)

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/oct/07/pm-must-challenge-trump-directly-over-us-scotch-whisky-tax

Bulletguy - 2019-10-08 2:36 PM

UK might face North Korean style sanctions! (I made that last bit up but it might).

Closer to the truth than you imagine. Trump has put thousands of jobs at risk by slapping 25% tariffs on Scotch whisky as part of his petulant warring with EU. And UK thinks they have a 'special relationship' with the US. *-)

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/oct/07/pm-must-challenge-trump-directly-over-us-scotch-whisky-tax

Quite correct, these new EU Tariffs will have a terrible effect on trade.

Luckily they will not apply to the UK after October 31st. :D

malc d - 2019-10-08 1:59 PM

We don't need a deal.

Any Brexiteer will tell you that. ;-)

Funny you should say that, I was told exactly that by a Brexiteer today. Uncanny that the all sing from the same play-list. Can 17.4 million people really all think the same thing at the same time, or is someone pulling their strings? :-D

Brian Kirby - 2019-10-08 7:53 PM

We don't need a deal.

Funny you should say that, I was told exactly that by a Brexiteer today. Uncanny that the all sing from the same play-list. Can 17.4 million people really all think the same thing at the same time, or is someone pulling their strings? :-D

I saw a Brexiteer say it in a street interview on TV some time ago.

Maybe they just didn't pay attention at school ?

;-)

Guest pelmetman
malc d - 2019-10-08 9:18 PM

Brian Kirby - 2019-10-08 7:53 PM

We don't need a deal.

I saw a Brexiteer say it in a street interview on TV some time ago.

Maybe they just didn't pay attention at school ?

;-)

Maybe the EU will pay attention after we've left >:-) ..........

MISS!........The UK's gone missing (lol) .........

Archived