Remainers are the true Patriots

Barryd999

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes very true

As is the comment by

Angela Merkel: “You cannot fight the pandemic with lies and disinformation...the limits of Populism are being laid bare.”

If we had politicians like her we could be where Germany is now - or even better off because we have advantages over Germany like natural resources and being surrounded by water.

John52 - 2020-08-26 12:55 PM

Yes very true

As is the comment by

Angela Merkel: “You cannot fight the pandemic with lies and disinformation...the limits of Populism are being laid bare.”

If we had politicians like her we could be where Germany is now - or even better off because we have advantages over Germany like natural resources and being surrounded by water.

I really like her. Most of the European leaders seem much more competent and statesmen / woman like than our lot who just come across like a load of Swiss Tony spivs.

Chuckle ... The hater patriots are now 'bigging up' Mad Merkel ... Lordy My Boss ... Mind I'll always be thankful to her ... Her and her mad invitation to the worlds chancers are the reason the Afd are the fastest growing political movement in Germany ... Gotta love em

Brian Kirby - 2020-08-26 3:05 PM

jumpstart - 2020-08-26 1:51 PM

…………………………………………………………..

The remainers who don’t want the Eu are the real patriots.

That seems to leave us with an unknown number of very, very, confused people! :-D

Surely that’s very much in keeping with the whole of Brexit.

A lo5 of people I know would be happy to continue our”common market” but not have the ridiculous bureaucracy of the Eu.

jumpstart - 2020-08-26 5:35 PM

Brian Kirby - 2020-08-26 3:05 PM

jumpstart - 2020-08-26 1:51 PM

…………………………………………………………..

The remainers who don’t want the Eu are the real patriots.

That seems to leave us with an unknown number of very, very, confused people! :-D

Surely that’s very much in keeping with the whole of Brexit.

A lo5 of people I know would be happy to continue our”common market” but not have the ridiculous bureaucracy of the Eu.

Would be interesting to know what the increased bureaucracy was. The Treaty of Rome involved bureaucracy. Maastricht introduced some further bureaucracy to administer its broader remit, but I'm unclear which bits of Maastricht you are referring to.

Birdbrain - 2020-08-26 5:22 PM

Chuckle ... The hater patriots are now 'bigging up' Mad Merkel ... Lordy My Boss ... Mind I'll always be thankful to her ... Her and her mad invitation to the worlds chancers are the reason the Afd are the fastest growing political movement in Germany ... Gotta love em

Hmm maybe but at least she hasnt killed 60000+ of her own citizens due to incompetent leadership and dragged us towards a cliff edge no deal diasterous Brexit at the same time. are you seriously saying you would rather have a leader like Johnson instead of one like Merkel? Lordy indeed!

Barryd999 - 2020-08-26 7:03 PM

Hmm maybe but at least she hasnt killed 60000+ of her own citizens due to incompetent leadership and dragged us towards a cliff edge no deal diasterous Brexit at the same time. are you seriously saying you would rather have a leader like Johnson instead of one like Merkel? Lordy indeed!

Thats a big claim even for you ... "60000+" UK citizens killed by Boris due to "incompetent leadership" ... Suppose its pointless asking for you to back up your BFN ???

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2020-08-26 10:47 AM

(lol)

True dat.

Bit sweaty but spot on.

I suspect the Vichy French said the same >:-) ............

maxresdefaultmuttley.thumb.jpg.86af05198ed053d6bb2e5e49019c19a6.jpg

Birdbrain - 2020-08-26 7:10 PM

Barryd999 - 2020-08-26 7:03 PM

Thats a big claim even for you ... "60000+" UK citizens killed by Boris due to "incompetent leadership" ... Suppose its pointless asking for you to back up your BFN ???

Well the true figures are probably well north of 60000 now and even if you agree with the government figures they are still many times that of Germany. You would have to have something seriously wrong with you to think our government has actually done a good job with anything let along covid since Johnson was appointed. More U turns than Pelmet has drank bottles of Blue Nun and now they are trying to pass the buck wherever they can with the latest being dismantling Public Health England right in the middle of a Pandemic.

They are at their most dangerous now as they are desperately running around trying to shift blame.

You don't need evidence from me you just have to open your eyes and admit they are the worst government and PM of all time.

You have to ask yourself right now moving forward where would you feel safest and better off. Germany under Merkel or the UK under our serial liar and moron in chief Johnson?

Mad Merkel ..

Typically you resort to name calling.

But, as she says, you can't fight Covid 19 by personal insults and name calling.

The Covid virus is completely indifferent to your personal insults and name calling.

It just carries on regardless.

Barryd999 - 2020-08-26 3:31 PM

John52 - 2020-08-26 12:55 PM

Yes very true

As is the comment by

I really like her. Most of the European leaders seem much more competent and statesmen / woman like than our lot who just come across like a load of Swiss Tony spivs.

I suppose if she stood for election in England the £billionaire tax avoiding populist media owners would destroy her. They are doing very nicely the way things are https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/jul/03/land-reform-brute-power-billionaire-press-attacks

the ridiculous bureaucracy of the Eu.

With the latest consignment of BoJo's cronies the House of Lords alone is bigger than the whole of the EU parliament for 27 countries

How can England accuse them of 'ridiculous bureaucracy'?

John52 - 2020-08-27 9:12 AM

With the latest consignment of BoJo's cronies the House of Lords alone is bigger than the whole of the EU parliament for 27 countries

Oh,I have no love of this government, but you can’t ignore the elephant of the Eu.

jumpstart - 2020-08-27 9:52 AM

Oh,I have no love of this government, but you can’t ignore the elephant of the Eu.

.... even when the English Government is a far bigger Elephant to govern a far smaller place?

John52 - 2020-08-27 10:38 AM

jumpstart - 2020-08-27 9:52 AM

.... even when the English Government is a far bigger Elephant to govern a far smaller place?

Yes even then,it doesn’t matter how many other governments are nightmarish it doesn’t detract from the failing Eu .Immigration policy(they haven’t one) ,foreign policy ( no cohesion), agricultural policy( don’t start me on that one), Eu army , they’ve just put off an emissions policy because they can’t agree.

So our true remainer patriots stick their head in the sand and say oh ...it’s alright really, then blame the Brexiteers cos they lost. They lost because of the people with their head in the sand.

747 - 2020-08-27 3:38 PM

I fully agree that Remainers are true Patriots ...

... given that Patriotism is the last resort of the scoundrel. :D

You failed to see the difference between patriots and those who latch on to patriotism.

On the evening of 7 April 1775, (Samuel Johnson) made the famous statement, "Patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel."[8] This line was not, as is widely believed, about patriotism in general, but the false use of the term "patriotism" by William Pitt, 1st Earl of Chatham (the patriot-minister) and his supporters. Johnson opposed "self-professed patriots" in general, but valued what he considered "true" self-professed patriotism.[9]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_views_of_Samuel_Johnson

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2020-08-27 4:20 PM

You failed to see the difference between patriots and those who latch on to patriotism.

On the evening of 7 April 1775, (Samuel Johnson) made the famous statement, "Patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel."[8] This line was not, as is widely believed, about patriotism in general, but the false use of the term "patriotism" by William Pitt, 1st Earl of Chatham (the patriot-minister) and his supporters. Johnson opposed "self-professed patriots" in general, but valued what he considered "true" self-professed patriotism.[9]

That's me ;-) ...........

A true self-professed patriot B-) ........

jumpstart - 2020-08-27 12:52 PM

agricultural policy

What difference will Brexit make?

Farmers basically fall into 2 categories

1. Freeholders (rich farmers)

2 Tenants (poor farmers)

Tenant farmers are always poor, because when they start making money their landlords put the rent up

So farm subsidies go indirectly to the rich Tory landowners.

So the Tories are continuing the subsidies to 'farmers', which invariably end up in Her Majesty's Tax haven accounts of the Tory supporting £billionaire landowners.

The only difference Brexit makes is to keep Britain outside an EU wide tax treaty, so The £billionaire Tory landlords and Tory supporting 'newspaper' owners continue to avoid tax.

pelmetman - 2020-08-27 4:23 PM

John52 - 2020-08-27 4:20 PM

That's me ;-) ...........

A true self-professed patriot B-) ........

Its true that you profess yourself to be a patriot.

Archived