Remember this???.........

Guest pelmetman

Guest pelmetman

>:-) .........

"Blairs to give No 10 £850,000 makeover"

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/blairs-to-give-no-10-aps850-000-makeover-182209.html

£850k of taxpayers money was worth a lot more back in 2002.......Just as £4.1 million was 25 years ago >:-) .......

There's a definate whiff of LEFTY greed which is overpowering the rank hypocrisy of a certain forum member? 8-) ........

P1010899.JPG.003ca30142f3db42e03f1cf5ca6de7cf.JPG

Chuckle. I noticed they only spent £70 a roll on wallpaper which even twenty years ago would not amount to the £850 a roll Johnsons spaffed on his and as far as I can tell Tony Blair never broke any rules or lied about it.

You know Johnsons supporters are getting desperate when they are bringing up stuff like this from twenty years ago. *-)

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2022-01-02 3:42 PM

Chuckle. I noticed they only spent £70 a roll on wallpaper which even twenty years ago would not amount to the £850 a roll Johnsons spaffed on his and as far as I can tell Tony Blair never broke any rules or lied about it.

You know Johnsons supporters are getting desperate when they are bringing up stuff like this from twenty years ago. *-)

Chuckle away sunshine :D .........

How much did Boris's flat cost the taxpayer.......30k ;-) ......

How much did the greedy money grabbing Lefty cost the taxpayer in 2002......850k 8-) .......

As his bum chum said at the time...... "Gordon Brown has warned Cabinet colleagues that improvements to their grace-and-favour apartments must be regarded as a perk for tax purposes."

So they paid token tax on their taxpayer funded refurb with their tax payers money wages *-) ........

Which just shows how Greedy the Left is (lol) (lol) (lol) .........

Guest pelmetman

20 years ago was the last time a Lying Lefty Lawyer fooled folk like me >:-( .........

I wont make that mistake again >:-) .........

pelmetman - 2022-01-02 4:00 PM

How much did the greedy money grabbing Lefty cost the taxpayer in 2002......850k 8-) .......

As his bum chum said at the time...... "Gordon Brown has warned Cabinet colleagues that improvements to their grace-and-favour apartments must be regarded as a perk for tax purposes."

So they paid token tax on their taxpayer funded refurb with their tax payers money wages *-) ........

Did you actually read your link?

Was the money spent on a cosmetic update of the flat or was some of it in on structural changes on Downing Street offices and was £850,000 ever proven to have been spent on it? No is your answer.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2002/jun/30/uk.politicalnews

We know that you are frustrated that Horace's Hovel is still unfinished and without windows but focusing on others successful renovations is not the way to cheer yourself up.

pelmetman - 2022-01-02 4:03 PM

20 years ago was the last time a Lying Lefty Lawyer fooled folk like me >:-( .........

Here you go, Dave, from an unimpeachable source: :-D

From the Mail on Sunday, 2 Jan 2022.

"Creeping cost of Downing Street makeovers: How Tony and Cherie Blair splashed £127,000 refurbishing No11 flat before David and Samantha Cameron's £64,000 upgrade... but Theresa May spent nothing (like Thatcher)

By SAM GREENHILL CHIEF REPORTER FOR THE DAILY MAIL PUBLISHED: 09:36, 2 March 2021 | UPDATED: 09:59, 2 March 2021

Expectations have clearly risen since Margaret Thatcher slapped down a proposed refurbishment of the No 11 flat in 1979, saying the public would not be impressed.

She dashed the hopes of her chancellor Geoffrey Howe, who had complained the 1960s-style kitchen was 'positively antediluvian, with iron gas rings, antique sinks and sombre décor', records show.

So the flat remained a product of the 1960s – until Tony and Cherie Blair took up residence in 1997.

'I won't sleep in Ken Clarke's bed,' Mr Blair declared of the Conservative chancellor, the most recent tenant, when he became PM and opted for the four-bedroom No 11 flat instead of the smaller one at No 10.

In the Blair years, the flat above No 11, frequently littered with toys belonging to baby Leo, born in May 2000, had £127,000 spent on refurbishments between 1999 and 2005, according to official records.

In came £70-a-roll wallpapers, new artwork and a set of custom-made glass-fronted bookcases for Mrs Blair's office. When Gordon Brown moved in with his wife and two sons, in 2007, he appears to have been perfectly content with it – there are no records that he spent a penny on upgrades.

But in 2010, David and Samantha Cameron went to town on the place, which clearly fell well short of their Notting Hill standards.

Out went a mirrored exercise room where lifestyle guru Carole Caplin had put the Blairs through their paces. Old carpets were ripped out too, and expensive black granite worktops installed in a new kitchen.

As part of a £64,000 makeover, extensive work was carried out in a bathroom, with everything apart from a towel rail stripped out and a new floor and ceiling installed. Some of the costs were met from the flat's annual £30,000 maintenance grant, and the rest by the Camerons.

The couple went for an ultra-modern, minimalist design of brushed steel and floating shelves in the second kitchen, leaving the original 1960s-style kitchen in its original state. A £3,400 Britannia range cooker – complete with dirty oven gloves – was the centrepiece.

Theresa May is not reported to have changed anything during her time in Downing Street."

So, according to the UK's most accurate, and your favourite, newspaper, the actual cost, between 1999 and 2005, was "just" £127,000, which is odd, because your quote of the same refurbishment, from documents leaked to the Independent in 2002, says £850,000. Difficult to know who to believe, isn't it?

LOL! So you fell for a raft of lies from a Tory Charlatan instead and continue to do so! You couldn't make it up!

1985132770_Pissingmyselflaughing.gif.31fb9f4a2178aca234ae32a4bbcc9625.gif

I thought you had got this, but it appears to have slipped out of your head again.

When a politician takes a bung,

Like Paterson's £500k bung which you said you weren't paying for *-)

ask yourself what he is doing for it.

And how much it is going to cost us.

Like the £300 billion spent on making the Covid situation worse.

Brian Kirby - 2022-01-02 5:30 PM

Here you go, Dave, from an unimpeachable source: :-D

From the Mail on Sunday, 2 Jan 2022.

"Creeping cost of Downing Street makeovers: How Tony and Cherie Blair splashed £127,000 refurbishing No11 flat before David and Samantha Cameron's £64,000 upgrade... but Theresa May spent nothing (like Thatcher)

So, according to the UK's most accurate, and your favourite, newspaper, the actual cost, between 1999 and 2005, was "just" £127,000, which is odd, because your quote of the same refurbishment, from documents leaked to the Independent in 2002, says £850,000. Difficult to know who to believe, isn't it?

It explains the reason he's quoted the Independent article in preference to his usual favoured source! ;-)

It also explains how his DIY builds such as his breeze block garage went from "£100k" which three months later became "the thick end of £200k".......as if "£100k" for a garage wasn't ludicrously over priced enough, he then stretches all realms of imagination as he wanders off into his Pelmet Poppins cloud cuckoo land of fantasies. And it still has no windows. (lol)(lol)

CurtainRaiser - 2022-01-02 4:12 PM

Was the money spent on a cosmetic update of the flat or was some of it in on structural changes on Downing Street offices and was £850,000 ever proven to have been spent on it? No is your answer.

We know that you are frustrated that Horace's Hovel is still unfinished and without windows but focusing on others successful renovations is not the way to cheer yourself up.

I knew someone who worked on that project. It would have cost more if some of the blokes had not been on the fiddle and working for cash in hand. *-)

Blair was always dodgy. :D

747 - 2022-01-04 8:59 PM

I knew someone who worked on that project. It would have cost more if some of the blokes had not been on the fiddle and working for cash in hand. *-)

Would not disagree that Blair was dodgy. But are you seriously suggesting that he handed a bunch of builders are pile of readies? I'm guessing another one of your reliable sources told you this?

Guest pelmetman
747 - 2022-01-04 8:59 PM

Typical Lying Lefty Lawyer >:-) ..........

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8488529/Jailbird-secret-Blair-property-deal-shamed-No-10-writing-bombshell-memoirs.html

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3470377/Blair-MILLIONS-doing-dirty-deals-dictators.html

It's very telling that Snakey Starmer defends him ;-) ..........

It's obviously payback time for Blair making Snakey the head of the CPS :-| .........

Archived