Required listening.

Brian Kirby

BBC R4, 21:30 tonight. Neil MacGregor's "As others see us". Last in series, Poland. Haven't been following them all, but caught the latter part of this episode this morning and intend to listen to the repeat this evening.

A lot of stuff I'd never heard about the war, the Yalta conference, and Roosevelt.

But the last part was about how Brexit looks as seen from Poland. Many inconvenient truths!

Speakers include Rodoslaw Sikorski, the Polish Foreign Minister, who was at Oxford with Cameron, Johnson, and Osborne. Very interesting and revealing.

If you missed this morning's broadcast, don't miss this evening's, or catch it here: http://tinyurl.com/yxl8c8rp! :-)

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2019-09-06 6:11 PM

BBC R4, 21:30 tonight. Neil MacGregor's "As others see us". Last in series, Poland. Haven't been following them all, but caught the latter part of this episode this morning and intend to listen to the repeat this evening.

A lot of stuff I'd never heard about the war, the Yalta conference, and Roosevelt.

But the last part was about how Brexit looks as seen from Poland. Many inconvenient truths!

Speakers include Rodoslaw Sikorski, the Polish Foreign Minister, who was at Oxford with Cameron, Johnson, and Osborne. Very interesting and revealing.

If you missed this morning's broadcast, don't miss this evening's, or catch it here: http://tinyurl.com/yxl8c8rp! :-)

Correction ;-) ..........

It's required listening for Whinging Whining Remoaners *-) .........

I'll stick to my wine this sunny evening in Cambridgeshire B-) .........

pelmetman - 2019-09-06 6:48 PM...………………..

Didn't have you down as a radio 4 listener, Dave. What did you think of it?

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2019-09-06 7:12 PM

I used to listen to radio 4 on the wireless in the olden days ;-) ..........

Sadly the BBC has become so biased I decided it was better for my blood pressure to avoid much of its politically correct and anti Brexit claptrap *-) .........

So no I won't be listening to the propaganda program you've flagged up :-| .......

BTW.......Does it start with Lord Blair saying this is the "EU calling".......Haw haw haw >:-) ........

I never had him down as 'a radio listener'...period! (lol)

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-09-06 9:20 PM

I never had him down as 'a radio listener'...period! (lol)

It was never turned off in my work shop for a couple of decades ;-) ........

Mostly radio 2 with a bit radio 3 when the music got tooo Garage or Hip Hop *-) .......

I kinda did radio 4 in my earnest Youth period :D ......

I got hooked on Alistair Cooke's letter from America when I was listening to the British Forces radio whilst in Gib B-) .....

So would sometimes tune into the Today programme to see if anythings changed :-> .........

It never did (lol) ..........

pelmetman - 2019-09-06 7:24 PM

Sadly the BBC has become so biased I decided it was better for my blood pressure to avoid much of its politically correct and anti Brexit claptrap *-) .........

So no I won't be listening to the propaganda program you've flagged up :-| .......

BTW.......Does it start with Lord Blair saying this is the "EU calling".......Haw haw haw >:-) ........

Priceless! You refuse to listen to a radio programme, but nevertheless feel able to comment on it. Do you reach all your opinions on that basis? It would explain a lot! :-D

Brian Kirby - 2019-09-07 2:49 PM

Priceless! You refuse to listen to a radio programme, but nevertheless feel able to comment on it. Do you reach all your opinions on that basis? It would explain a lot! :-D

It's the same with anything he feels might be detrimental to his cult belief. He refused to watch documentaries on British Muslims and British Jews yet made "opinions" on both based on nothing but wild guesses. He doesn't watch tv news interviews with Brexit MP's because he "guesses" they will be biased. Besides, he has the attention span of a gnat so he'd never cope with listening to 80 minutes of informative radio.

I listened to part 1 earlier and found it extremely interesting. Both Sikorski and Miss Graff are extremely well read on historical facts and looking at their educational background, i was not surprised. Both made very interesting points but i think it was Sikorski who mentioned Polish are taught about British history as well as their own, read Shakespeare etc.....but British are not taught or learn anything about Polish history other than ww2, then a huge gap until Lech Walesa and Solidarity of the 80's.

Interesting about the Polish jews being ignored by Eden during the war as Roosevelt did also, even some American Rabbis. Jan Karski a Polish resistance fighter who had escaped the Katyn massacre, risked his life to gain access into an extermination camp and was the first to give eye witness account to both UK and US. He met Roosevelt in person who was more interested in asking Karski about the condition of horses in Poland and never asked one question about the Jews.

Miss Graffs comment about Polish being amazed that British long noted for their organisation and preparation having plans B, C and D in place if A didn't work, post Brexit had absolutely zero plan! They still don't and Bozo has been telling more porkies about "negotiations" taking place with the EU. "Its bullsh1t" as the Belgian MEP succinctly put it!

Part 2 later......thanks for posting that link Brian, very interesting. Rather than "required listening" i think it should be made compulsory.......for all Brexiters. (lol)

Guest pelmetman

Maybe you like listening to the same old rubbish being repeated Brian ;-) ...........

Some of us have better things to do :D ..........

pelmetman - 2019-09-08 9:03 AM

Maybe you like listening to the same old rubbish being repeated Brian ;-) ...........

Well, you're not in a position to know either way, are you, because you didn't listen, so have no idea what the programme was, actually, about. Sad, really.

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2019-09-08 6:32 PM

Well, you're not in a position to know either way, are you, because you didn't listen, so have no idea what the programme was, actually, about. Sad, really.

I'm as happy as Larry Brian ;-) .........

It's you Sado Remoaners who need to get a life, and accept you've lost >:-) .........

P1010899.JPG.a992eea64d5151a2ebaa8cd6aace8b7d.JPG

pelmetman - 2019-09-08 6:39 PM

Confirmation indeed that ignorance is bliss.

;-)

Guest pelmetman
malc d - 2019-09-08 11:02 PM

;-)

You Remoaners should try it then ;-) ...........

It might cheer you up (lol) ........

P1010899.JPG.a83e83bbcf172364a3802b12f9df4ffd.JPG

pelmetman - 2019-09-09 10:20 AM

;-)

Thanks Dave.

I'm not a remoaner myself but if I meet any I'll pass on your tip.

I personally have accepted the result of the referendum and I'm eagerly looking forward to the bright sunlit uplands of being out of the EU - ( although to be honest I don't really know yet just how I personally will benefit ).

;-)

Guest pelmetman
malc d - 2019-09-09 10:49 AM

pelmetman - 2019-09-09 10:20 AM

;-)

Thanks Dave.

I'm not a remoaner myself but if I meet any I'll pass on your tip.

I personally have accepted the result of the referendum and I'm eagerly looking forward to the bright sunlit uplands of being out of the EU - ( although to be honest I don't really know yet just how I personally will benefit ).

;-)

UK PLC is doing fine despite Brexit ;-) ...........

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2019/09/09/markets-live-latest-news-pound-euro-ftse-100-lloyds/

We'll do even better once we have got rid of the dead weight called the EU B-) ........

Guest pelmetman
malc d - 2019-09-09 11:16 AM

pelmetman - 2019-09-09 11:05 AM

It seems I'm a bit out of date with the news.

I didn't realise that we've already left.

:-|

Did I say we'd left? :-S .........

"Brexit" appears to be the general terminology applied to current situation :-| .......

Perhaps it'll become known as the "Brexit era" when discussed historically? :D ......

pelmetman - 2019-09-09 11:21 AM

"Brexit" appears to be the general terminology applied to current situation :-| .......

"Brexit " isn't 'general terminology applied to a situation ' - it's short for " Britains Exit "

So you claim we are doing fine despite Britains Exit - when it hasn't happened yet.

Guest pelmetman
malc d - 2019-09-09 12:02 PM

"Brexit " isn't 'general terminology applied to a situation ' - it's short for " Britains Exit "

So you claim we are doing fine despite Britains Exit - when it hasn't happened yet.

Seeing as much of the Remoaners original scaremongering propaganda was not actually based on a leaving date..... but a Leave Vote ;-) ..........

It's fair to apply the terminology to our current situation :D .........

That said I'm happy to use other terminology if you prefer :-D ........

How about calling it the "Pre Brexit Remoaner Period"?........Or..... the "Losers Tantrum"?.......Or......."R EU in denial"? :-> ......

malc d - 2019-09-09 12:02 PM ……………………………."Brexit " isn't 'general terminology applied to a situation ' - it's short for " Britains Exit "

So you claim we are doing fine despite Britains Exit - when it hasn't happened yet. :-|

It' better than that, as he claims we are doing fine while we are still in - in which case, why leave? :-D

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2019-09-09 1:13 PM

malc d - 2019-09-09 12:02 PM ……………………………."Brexit " isn't 'general terminology applied to a situation ' - it's short for " Britains Exit "

So you claim we are doing fine despite Britains Exit - when it hasn't happened yet. :-|

It' better than that, as he claims we are doing fine while we are still in - in which case, why leave? :-D

We are doing fine in spite of the EU ;-) ...........

We can do even better without them sponging billions off us every year and allowing their criminals free range >:-) ........

pelmetman - 2019-09-09 12:22 PM

malc d - 2019-09-09 12:02 PM

Seeing as much of the Remoaners original scaremongering propaganda was not actually based on a leaving date..... but a Leave Vote ;-) ..........

It's fair to apply the terminology to our current situation :D .........

That said I'm happy to use other terminology if you prefer :-D ........

How about calling it the "Pre Brexit Remoaner Period"?........Or..... the "Losers Tantrum"?.......Or......."R EU in denial"? :-> ......

Quit squirming......Malc skewered you with the bib in his post and you're just making a clown of yourself now though that's a daily occurrence with you. You should try redeeming yourself explaining what "sunlit uplands" you lot have been crowing about, that Malc will personally benefit from.

Lets hear some Pelmet pearlers. (lol)

Bulletguy - 2019-09-09 1:25 PM

You should try redeeming yourself explaining what "sunlit uplands" you lot have been crowing about, that Malc will personally benefit from.

I reckon that one of the main reasons that Dave keeps ending his posts with " just sayin' " is the fact that he can never claim to be " just answerin' "

;-)

malc d - 2019-09-09 5:10 PM

You should try redeeming yourself explaining what "sunlit uplands" you lot have been crowing about, that Malc will personally benefit from.

I reckon that one of the main reasons that Dave keeps ending his posts with " just sayin' " is the fact that he can never claim to be " just answerin' "

;-)

It's up there with all the other inane tag lines of "will of da people", "we're leaving", "Remoaners", "project fear", etc but cult members parrot this tripe all the time. They've all drank the Kool-Aid.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-09-09 6:06 PM

malc d - 2019-09-09 5:10 PM

;-)

It's up there with all the other inane tag lines of "will of da people", "we're leaving", "Remoaners", "project fear", etc but cult members parrot this tripe all the time. They've all drank the Kool-Aid.

"Just annoyin Losers" :D ........

Archived