Respected journalist beaten up by far right Thugs

Barryd999

"Police are investigating after Labour activist Owen Jones was "kicked in the head" by a group of men outside a pub.

The Guardian columnist said he had been celebrating his birthday with friends when the men made a "direct beeline" for him in the early hours of Saturday."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-49381944

I am sure my fellow Chatterbox members will join me in condemning this terrible act by far right thugs on a respected journalist who was simply out enjoying his Birthday with friends. Some of our members were clearly horrified over milkshakes being thrown at the likes of Nigel Farage so this is going to be extremely shocking for them to read. This attack could easily have led to a fatality.

How long before we have another Jo Cox murder on our hands?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Barryd999 - 2019-08-18 9:45 AM

"Police are investigating after Labour activist Owen Jones was "kicked in the head" by a group of men outside a pub.

The Guardian columnist said he had been celebrating his birthday with friends when the men made a "direct beeline" for him in the early hours of Saturday."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-49381944

I am sure my fellow Chatterbox members will join me in condemning this terrible act by far right thugs on a respected journalist who was simply out enjoying his Birthday with friends. Some of our members were clearly horrified over milkshakes being thrown at the likes of Nigel Farage so this is going to be extremely shocking for them to read. This attack could easily have led to a fatality.

How long before we have another Jo Cox murder on our hands?

Well, I utterly condemn it whoever did it. Just as I condemn scaring people to death by throwing liquid over them, which for a few seconds they'd worry might be acid, as recommended by a left wing comedian.

However, I think the correct term you're seeking is 'alleged' far right thugs.

If you can show any evidence hes been beaten up by "far right thugs" then lets be having it please ... As for him being beaten up by anyone however much I disagree with him then I personally condemn it ... Lets be having the far right evidence please as you wanting it to be "far right thugs" doesnt necessarily make it so ... Prove what you claim princess

Well even LBC is reporting it as a pre planned far right attack.

https://www.lbc.co.uk/news/london/north/islington/owen-jones-assaulted-in-planned-far-right-attack/

Its a bit like suggesting that the bloke who "shaked" farage was a Brexiteer. Owen has been plagued by these pro Brexit yellow vest morons for some time now. I think there is no doubt what happened here.

A milk shake is a milk shake, its not acid and its not a boot in the head which could be fatal.

Barryd999 - 2019-08-18 9:31 AM

https://www.lbc.co.uk/news/london/north/islington/owen-jones-assaulted-in-planned-far-right-attack/

Its a bit like suggesting that the bloke who "shaked" farage was a Brexiteer. Owen has been plagued by these pro Brexit yellow vest morons for some time now. I think there is no doubt what happened here.

A milk shake is a milk shake, its not acid and its not a boot in the head which could be fatal.

They report on Owens words dont they Barry ... Its Owen saying its a far right attack and hes offering nothing just like you to prove it ... No arrests made so just what insider info do you have that we dont ... Thinking you know what happened here doesnt cut it princess

Barryd999 - 2019-08-18 10:31 AM

You clearly don't understand English. The inverted commas in the headline should be a clue. And the LBC is not reporting a far right attack, it's reporting Jones claiming it was. But it could have been homophobic or some hooligans wanting a fight. There is no mention of far right slogans or insults, which is odd.

Jones is hard left so will obviously use this for his political agenda.

Yes, it may well be far right thugs but let's not act like a lynch mob. Wait for the evidence please.

I suppose we can just dismiss it then as having no motive whatsoever for beating up the lefty journo in what was clearly a planned attack. If only they had shouted "Britain First" like the other mad man who murdered poor Jo Cox. Crafty eh? *-)

I presume then that those flinging expensive Milk Shakes at Farage could be Brexiteers then!

Still no update from Barry or Owen to confirm the far right thugs claim ... Barry doesnt realise but Owen is using the Barrys of the world to push his claim on the web that far right thugs attacked him , it suits his agenda but then anyone who disagrees with Owen is a far right thug a bit like the those who disagree with the hate trio on here ... Barry might want to take a look at an incident where Owen was involved with others in attacking Nick Griffin with bottles and darts in 2009 , what goes around comes around

Birdbrain - 2019-08-18 2:16 PM

Still no update from Barry or Owen to confirm the far right thugs claim ... Barry doesnt realise but Owen is using the Barrys of the world to push his claim on the web that far right thugs attacked him , it suits his agenda but then anyone who disagrees with Owen is a far right thug a bit like the those who disagree with the hate trio on here ... Barry might want to take a look at an incident where Owen was involved with others in attacking Nick Griffin with bottles and darts in 2009 , what goes around comes around

That would be the attack referenced here

which Nick Griffin has still failed to put up the evidence of.

Your probably right Mr Birdbrain. It was probably a gang of metropolitan elite twendy Wendy remoaners after too much Chablis I bet. Owen probably jumped the queue in the Kebab shop and got what he deserved.

Barryd999 - 2019-08-18 1:59 PM

I suppose we can just dismiss it then as having no motive whatsoever for beating up the lefty journo in what was clearly a planned attack. If only they had shouted "Britain First" like the other mad man who murdered poor Jo Cox. Crafty eh? *-)

I presume then that those flinging expensive Milk Shakes at Farage could be Brexiteers then!

You're embarrassing yourself in your desperation to confirm Jones's theory that it was the far right. Of course we can't dismiss it but there is as yet no evidence that politics played a part. Every time a bunch of thugs decide to attack someone who looked at them the wrong way are we always going to assume it's far right or far left motivated?

As for a planned attack, total nonsense! Did they know he'd be there? Had they access to his diary? The only planning appears to be that they'd decided in the bar that they were going to give him a thumping and they'd obviously do that outside for God's sake.

And it's a fact that attacks such as this are usually accompanied by verbal threats. Homophobic attacks are usually done to shouts of 'effing poofters' blah blah.

It appears that not a word was uttered. If anything was said Jones would have trumpeted it all over the place.

As for Farage, did you actually read the reports? The nutter who did it had social media galore. He was a Corbyn admirer and an anti-Brexit fanatic.

Even he admitted that it was a stupid thing to do and I'm delighted that, amongst other things he got, that he lost his job. It's not as bad as a kick in the head but it's still bad. Politicians of all shades should be able to go about their jobs without physical harassment of any kind. It really is a short step from milk shakes to knives and guns. From Farage to Jo Cox.

Yes, they may be far right nutters and whoever they are I want them in prison as an example to others.

But we don't know! Owen Jones doesn't actually know but it certainly suits his agenda to draw the inference that he has. He's hard left, hates the right and has found a way to put his own boot in.

Fast Pat - 2019-08-18 3:01 PM

Your funny ... Since when has evidence for anything bothered you ... Crack me up

Birdbrain - 2019-08-18 4:47 PM

Your funny ... Since when has evidence for anything bothered you ... Crack me up

An admission then that like Griffin you have no video evidence of any such assault then.

FunsterJohn - 2019-08-18 3:43 PM

You're embarrassing yourself in your desperation to confirm Jones's theory that it was the far right. Of course we can't dismiss it but there is as yet no evidence that politics played a part. Every time a bunch of thugs decide to attack someone who looked at them the wrong way are we always going to assume it's far right or far left motivated?

As for a planned attack, total nonsense! Did they know he'd be there? Had they access to his diary? The only planning appears to be that they'd decided in the bar that they were going to give him a thumping and they'd obviously do that outside for God's sake.

And it's a fact that attacks such as this are usually accompanied by verbal threats. Homophobic attacks are usually done to shouts of 'effing poofters' blah blah.

Embarrassing myself? I can assure you FunnyJohn when I do something embarrassing it would be much more entertaining than posting on OAL. *-) I bet you wont be willing to put up a months worth of your pension in a bet (Im guessing your one of our senior members) that they do indeed turn out to be far right thugs / Brextremists.

You might be right about the planned attack though as their leaders are incapable of planning anything so these thugs I doubt will have had the brains to have planned it properly.

Ill take your word for it on the poofters bit, you sound like an expert.

Fast Pat - 2019-08-18 4:56 PM

An admission then that like Griffin you have no video evidence of any such assault then.

Video evidence is the only acceptable evidence these days is it princess ??? ... Talking of video evidence one would imagine given the high video security most of London has these days because of crime and Islamic terror attacks that those responsible for the Jones attack will be found pretty soon ... Jones now claims he has proof of political motivations behind his attack , though unusually for him he cant discuss them ??? ... Barry has been suckered in by Owen to do his dirty work for him on the internet , a bit like Bullet does with him on here ... Poor Barry

Barryd999 - 2019-08-18 5:57 PM

Embarrassing myself? I can assure you FunnyJohn when I do something embarrassing it would be much more entertaining than posting on OAL. *-) I bet you wont be willing to put up a months worth of your pension in a bet (Im guessing your one of our senior members) that they do indeed turn out to be far right thugs / Brextremists.

You might be right about the planned attack though as their leaders are incapable of planning anything so these thugs I doubt will have had the brains to have planned it properly.

Your final sentence confirms to me what I've thought for some weeks, that under this jolly persona you're not really a nice person.

As for the main discussion though, yes it may well turn out to be some far - right nutters and if it is then I want them punished.

But only nasty lynch mob types jump to conclusions to support their own leanings when there isn't actually a shred of evidence. And if this had been yobs attacking a Farage supporter in a pub and we all screamed 'remainer thugs' when there also wasn't a shred of evidence you'd be the first on here screaming about bias. And you know it.

You really have embarrassed yourself. Your desperation to convince us that Jones is whiter than white and wouldn't possibly have egged the pudding is risible.

And your personal comment to me is nasty, uncalled for and displays latent homophobia. Do you not like gays?

Birdbrain - 2019-08-18 5:02 PM

Video evidence is the only acceptable evidence these days is it princess ??? ... Talking of video evidence one would imagine given the high video security most of London has these days because of crime and Islamic terror attacks that those responsible for the Jones attack will be found pretty soon ... Jones now claims he has proof of political motivations behind his attack , though unusually for him he cant discuss them ??? ... Barry has been suckered in by Owen to do his dirty work for him on the internet , a bit like Bullet does with him on here ... Poor Barry

Dont get me wrong. I think Owen is a bit of a tit. Suckered in though? So if Farage had been duffed up by a load of remoaner LibDems you wouldnt be posting about it then? I posted it because if it is true its yet another violent politically motivated incident probably due to the massive act of self harm we inflicted on ourselves in 2016.

Barryd999 - 2019-08-18 5:16 PM

Birdbrain - 2019-08-18 5:02 PM

Dont get me wrong. I think Owen is a bit of a tit. Suckered in though? So if Farage had been duffed up by a load of remoaner LibDems you wouldnt be posting about it then? I posted it because if it is true its yet another violent politically motivated incident probably due to the massive act of self harm we inflicted on ourselves in 2016.

You posted it because you want it to be true if we are being totally honest

FunsterJohn - 2019-08-18 5:16 PM

Your final sentence confirms to me what I've thought for some weeks, that under this jolly persona you're not really a nice person.

As for the main discussion though, yes it may well turn out to be some far - right nutters and if it is then I want them punished.

But only nasty lynch mob types jump to conclusions to support their own leanings when there isn't actually a shred of evidence. And if this had been yobs attacking a Farage supporter in a pub and we all screamed 'remainer thugs' when there also wasn't a shred of evidence you'd be the first on here screaming about bias. And you know it.

You really have embarrassed yourself. Your desperation to convince us that Jones is whiter than white and wouldn't possibly have egged the pudding is risible.

And your personal comment to me is nasty, uncalled for and displays latent homophobia. Do you not like gays?

To be fair to Barry he only does as his idol on here does ... Bullet disgracefully called homosexuals "pansy boys" only a couple of weeks ago which really is not very nice so Barry prolly feels its acceptable to be homophobic given his fawning admiration for everything Bullet ... Ive tried telling Barry not to be sucked in by Bullet but I think hes been well and truly sucked and it will only get messy for him ... Poor Barry

Barry might want to take a look at an incident where Owen was involved with others in attacking Nick Griffin with bottles and darts in 2009 , what goes around comes around

Griffin was egged.....there were no bottles and darts involved at all. You're lying again.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/5486625/BNP-leader-Nick-Griffin-pelted-with-eggs-by-protestors.html

Birdbrain - 2019-08-18 5:40 PM

Bullet disgracefully called homosexuals "pansy boys"...

Yet again another lie. I addressed you once as pansy boy after tiring of your constant use of effeminate names to myself and other fm's. If you don't like being called pansy boy then stop addressing me, and others as 'princess'. Simple isn't it?

Bulletguy - 2019-08-18 6:00 PM

Barry might want to take a look at an incident where Owen was involved with others in attacking Nick Griffin with bottles and darts in 2009 , what goes around comes around

Griffin was egged.....there were no bottles and darts involved at all. You're lying again.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/5486625/BNP-leader-Nick-Griffin-pelted-with-eggs-by-protestors.html

You were there ... Nick Griffin obviously was

... if your upset prove it to be wrong princess ... I can only presume Owens legal team would be all over this if wrong ... Fill ya boots hater

Bulletguy - 2019-08-18 6:06 PM

Birdbrain - 2019-08-18 5:40 PM

Bullet disgracefully called homosexuals "pansy boys"...

Yet again another lie. I addressed you once as pansy boy after tiring of your constant use of effeminate names to myself and other fm's. If you don't like being called pansy boy then stop addressing me, and others as 'princess'. Simple isn't it?

Well explain princess what is a "pansy boy" ???

Archived