Retail therapy

nightrider

Just had a look in my stash box which seems to have quite a few quid in it, might give myself a bit of retail therapy on saturday morning and go up to Burnley auctions and check out what is on the block, on the look out for a whacker plate and a block splitter, just might touch lucky

omidknight - 2009-05-17 3:06 PM

Any luck Malc?

Do you whack yourself? or get someone else to do it?

Didnt get there it was lashing down with rain so I spent the day cleaning out my workshop, lit the woodburner and put on a jug of coffee and sat there happy as Larry surrounded by my treasure trove of tools.

Guest Tracker

Retail therapy?

What a bloody silly name for spending money that you have not got on things that you don't need?

Nothing wrong with window shopping for those who are so inclined 'cos that is free and it carries no risk for the strong willed!

No doubt coined by some pratt of a 'marketing' firm to attempt to justify excessive use of a credit card, retail therapy is for when everything else in your life has become so meaningless that you feel that spending money is the only answer all your problems?

Well it isn't! But what it will do is exchange one lot of problems for another lot and often add in the extra burden of debt too, with the added bonus that the original problems will still remain!

Retail therapy has been used as an excuse to justify excess and to turn a once thrifty nation into a nation of greedy must haves up to their necks in debt who are unable to live without a credit card.

Oh I do so enjoy a good rant!

Tracker - 2009-05-17 4:44 PM

Retail therapy?

What a bloody silly name for spending money that you have not got on things that you don't need?

Nothing wrong with window shopping for those who are so inclined 'cos that is free and it carries no risk for the strong willed!

No doubt coined by some pratt of a 'marketing' firm to attempt to justify excessive use of a credit card, retail therapy is for when everything else in your life has become so meaningless that you feel that spending money is the only answer all your problems?

Well it isn't! But what it will do is exchange one lot of problems for another lot and often add in the extra burden of debt too, with the added bonus that the original problems will still remain!

Retail therapy has been used as an excuse to justify excess and to turn a once thrifty nation into a nation of greedy must haves up to their necks in debt who are unable to live without a credit card.

Oh I do so enjoy a good rant!

Tracker,

The stuff that I buy from auction is not bought on a credit card, it is bought with the old fashioned folding stuff.

The gear that I buy can always be used by myself and or sold on at a handsome profit, buying from the auctions is a part and parcel of my business, so there ner ner.

J9withdogs - 2009-05-17 6:03 PM

..and I enjoy a good shop! :D

I'm like you Janine, I like a good shop, I have a penchant for buying hats, I have a hat to suit every occasion and I am also in the habit of buying those ready reader glasses, I have them all over the place because I am always losing or breaking them.

Oooh...I'm the same with specs from Poundland..a pair in every room..it's our age, donchaknow. (lol)

You don't have to spend a fortune that you haven't got to enjoy shopping. I love to trawl around the charity shops and pick up bargains. Very satisfying.

With my many different styles of hat and glasses I find I can change my persona and adapt a different alter ego, I think my best one is when I wear a fedora hat with a neckerchief, I look just like Quentin Crisp, a right Pansy, my 90 year old mother-in-law goes into hysterics when I do that.

Archived