Ricky Gervais ...

Birdbrain

I like that Ricky Gervais ’ style of humour consists of telling you he’s about to be offensive and doesn’t give a s**t, delivering a lukewarm joke that teenagers on Reddit have already made, and finishing off by reminding you he doesn’t care if he’s offended you. truly a visionary.

Or a poor man's Franky Boyle.

Guest pelmetman
Fast Pat - 2020-01-07 9:00 AM

Talking of Lefty Gobsh*tes ;-) .........

I see Stormzy is back tracking on saying Brits are a 100% racist >:-) ........

pelmetman - 2020-01-07 9:45 AM

"A U.K. broadcaster has apologized for how it reported comments made by grime artist Stormzy about racism in Britain, after he accused media outlets of intentionally spinning his words.

Anger grew online after headlines by ITV News -- and other organizations -- suggested that the musician had said the UK was 100% racist, instead of his assertion that there was racism in the country.

In an interview with Italian newspaper La Repubblica last week, Stormzy was asked if the U.K. was still racist today, to which he replied "definitely, 100%". When pressed by journalist Antonello Guerrera, the star elaborated further, saying that racism in the U.K. was more "hidden" than in Italy, but that it had worsened under Prime Minister Boris Johnson's premiership.

The Sun's headline about the interview read "Stormzy launches Twitter tirade after reports he said Britain was '100% racist,'" LBC ran with "Stormzy says he believes Britain is "100 per cent" a racist country," while the Daily Mail said "Stormzy claims the U.K. is 'definitely racist'" in its headline.

On Sunday the artist retweeted ITV's story, headlined "Rapper Stormzy says UK is '100 per cent' racist," responding "ITV you lot can suck my d**k for this."

He took to Twitter, accusing some media outlets of "intentionally spinning my words for some click bait."

ITV News responded to the criticism, apologizing to the musician for "any misunderstanding."

"On Saturday we reported on an interview by an Italian newspaper with the British rapper Stormzy in which the subject of racism in the U.K. was discussed," the broadcaster posted. The outlet noted that Stormzy's response was reproduced in full on its website.

"Despite this, it was felt the headline at the top of this story on our website and Twitter post did not reflect these comments fully and was therefore amended ... We would like to apologise to Stormzy for any misunderstanding," the outlet said.

The Evening Standard also confirmed that the newspaper had amended its headline following Stormzy's comments.

"The headline in this story initially said: "Stormzy says U.K. is 'definitely 100% racist' and worse since Boris Johnson became PM," the Standard wrote in a correction to the story.

"After Stormzy said that his comments had been misinterpreted, we have amended the headline," it added.

Italian reporter Guerrera posted a full transcript of the interview to Twitter on Saturday, which he said was the "original and only reliable source."

Birdbrain - 2020-01-06 9:37 AM

Telling those Hollywood hypocrite celebs a thing or three ...

... Our resident permanently offended wont care for it ... Jumpstart wont even understand it so dont bother wasting your time

"How the feck can teasing huge corporations, and the richest, most privileged people in the world be considered right wing?"

I like that Ricky Gervais ’ style of humour consists of telling you he’s about to be offensive and doesn’t give a s**t, delivering a lukewarm joke that teenagers on Reddit have already made, and finishing off by reminding you he doesn’t care if he’s offended you. truly a visionary.

Yes I see why you like Mr Boyle ... https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1269541/BBC-forced-apologise-comedian-Frankie-Boyles-disgusting-anti-Semitic-joke.html ... Try spelling his name right princess

Guest pelmetman
Fast Pat - 2020-01-07 10:40 AM

pelmetman - 2020-01-07 9:45 AM

"A U.K. broadcaster has apologized for how it reported comments made by grime artist Stormzy about racism in Britain, after he accused media outlets of intentionally spinning his words.

Anger grew online after headlines by ITV News -- and other organizations -- suggested that the musician had said the UK was 100% racist, instead of his assertion that there was racism in the country.

In an interview with Italian newspaper La Repubblica last week, Stormzy was asked if the U.K. was still racist today, to which he replied "definitely, 100%". When pressed by journalist Antonello Guerrera, the star elaborated further, saying that racism in the U.K. was more "hidden" than in Italy, but that it had worsened under Prime Minister Boris Johnson's premiership.

The Sun's headline about the interview read "Stormzy launches Twitter tirade after reports he said Britain was '100% racist,'" LBC ran with "Stormzy says he believes Britain is "100 per cent" a racist country," while the Daily Mail said "Stormzy claims the U.K. is 'definitely racist'" in its headline.

On Sunday the artist retweeted ITV's story, headlined "Rapper Stormzy says UK is '100 per cent' racist," responding "ITV you lot can suck my d**k for this."

He took to Twitter, accusing some media outlets of "intentionally spinning my words for some click bait."

ITV News responded to the criticism, apologizing to the musician for "any misunderstanding."

"On Saturday we reported on an interview by an Italian newspaper with the British rapper Stormzy in which the subject of racism in the U.K. was discussed," the broadcaster posted. The outlet noted that Stormzy's response was reproduced in full on its website.

"Despite this, it was felt the headline at the top of this story on our website and Twitter post did not reflect these comments fully and was therefore amended ... We would like to apologise to Stormzy for any misunderstanding," the outlet said.

The Evening Standard also confirmed that the newspaper had amended its headline following Stormzy's comments.

"The headline in this story initially said: "Stormzy says U.K. is 'definitely 100% racist' and worse since Boris Johnson became PM," the Standard wrote in a correction to the story.

"After Stormzy said that his comments had been misinterpreted, we have amended the headline," it added.

Italian reporter Guerrera posted a full transcript of the interview to Twitter on Saturday, which he said was the "original and only reliable source."

Wot?........So he thinks we're only 99% racist? >:-) .........

No surprise to see our resident Brit Hater defending another Brit Hater (lol) (lol) (lol) ........

Judging by your choice of Losers for your new leader ;-) ..........

You & Stormzy are going to be hating for a very long time :D ..........

Barryd999 - 2020-01-07 11:26 AM

jumpstart - 2020-01-07 11:15 AM

Barryd999 - 2020-01-06 12:04 PM

Absolutely Brilliant.

Well . What is funny then is when Birdbrainless gets all mouthy and insulting at you, you get all huffy and indignant. That’s funny.

Eh? Huffy? Moi? Feck off! (lol)

Your not allowed to say “moi” Birdynumnum will get all twitchy.

jumpstart - 2020-01-07 1:27 PM

Barryd999 - 2020-01-07 11:26 AM

jumpstart - 2020-01-07 11:15 AM

Barryd999 - 2020-01-06 12:04 PM

Absolutely Brilliant.

Well . What is funny then is when Birdbrainless gets all mouthy and insulting at you, you get all huffy and indignant. That’s funny.

Eh? Huffy? Moi? Feck off! (lol)

Your not allowed to say “moi” Birdynumnum will get all twitchy.

Quite the opposite princess ... IMO within the rules you can say what you like ... Unlike others on here I know I'm not a forum moderator , I know my place ... Just a poor liccle sub-human extremist ... Forgot Racist and Islamaphobe und bigot und any other number liccle names thrown my way ... "Birdynumnum" is really funny by the way , really funny

Guest pelmetman
jumpstart - 2020-01-07 3:22 PM

If I remember correctly it was Peter Sellers.

Do you mean our Peter Sell'us a new name 52? ;-) .........

Coz he's bought quiet a few (lol) (lol) (lol) .......

Guest pelmetman
jumpstart - 2020-01-07 3:51 PM

Maybe he’s thinking of B52’s.

Could be worse and John52 could be suffering from a touch of the B29's 8-) .......

I've heard their Enola Gay's are lethal ;-) ........

Archived