Rise in net migration from outside EU

Bulletguy

Oh dear......another upset for Brexiteers. (lol)(lol)

Net migration to the UK from countries outside the European Union has hit its highest level for 15 years, the Office for National Statistics says.

Figures show 261,000 more non-EU citizens came to the UK than left in the year ending September 2018 - the highest since 2004.

In December, the prime minister said the government was sticking to its longstanding ambition to bring net migration down to the "tens of thousands".

The ONS has put net migration in the year to September at 283,000. It says more than 625,000 people moved to the UK and about 345,000 people left.

Another win for Brexit in "taking back control". (lol)(lol)(lol)(lol)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47400679

jumpstart - 2019-02-28 5:36 PM

I for one never had a problem with immigration. Illegal immigration is definitely a problem.

Brexit could make illegal immigration worse. People here now legally who maybe fail the tests to be allowed to stay might just disappear into the labour black market. Chaos at ports could lead to easier access that way especially if the French tear up the le Touquet agreement which saw illegal migration drop by nearly three times in 2002 when our borders went French side and that was before the migrant crisis. The French have not said they will do that but that means nothing. Plus there will be an open border in Ireland anyway. We lose our access to shared security databases so one things for sure we will be less safe and it will be harder to track and prevent illegal immigration post Brexit than it is now.

jumpstart - 2019-02-28 5:36 PM

I for one never had a problem with immigration. Illegal immigration is definitely a problem.

Illegal immigration is for whichever country the person has entered to deal with though, not the EU. This government cut thousands of jobs from UK border force and now wants to replace them with a "Dads Army" force of volunteers.

When running a country 'on the cheap' to benefit the wealthy giving them tax cuts which saw their wealth increase last year by 4.7% and forcing the poor to pay for it, then you reap what you sow.

On a coastal walk in Cornwall I popped in to a coast guard lookout and chatted to the staff,who were volunteers. We could see a corvette,they told me it was our coast guard ship on patrol,we have only 3. The next closest one was in the Thames estuary. Population of the world will increasingly be a problem along with access to drinking water. More and more people will head to Europe.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-02-28 4:13 PM

Net migration to the UK from countries outside the European Union has hit its highest level for 15 years, the Office for National Statistics says.

Figures show 261,000 more non-EU citizens came to the UK than left in the year ending September 2018 - the highest since 2004.

In December, the prime minister said the government was sticking to its longstanding ambition to bring net migration down to the "tens of thousands".

The ONS has put net migration in the year to September at 283,000. It says more than 625,000 people moved to the UK and about 345,000 people left.

So to put a different spin on those figures ;-) ............

There's drop in migrants that have automatic access to our benefit and health system B-) .........

jumpstart - 2019-03-01 6:50 AM

On a coastal walk in Cornwall I popped in to a coast guard lookout and chatted to the staff,who were volunteers. We could see a corvette,they told me it was our coast guard ship on patrol,we have only 3. The next closest one was in the Thames estuary. Population of the world will increasingly be a problem along with access to drinking water. More and more people will head to Europe.

If that happens, leaving the EU will help how exactly? Less money for our Navy and coast guard, chaos at our ports, less access to EU wide security and other databases. We will of course become a less attractive country for migrants to head to as we head towards self inflicted third world status so you might have a point there.

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2019-03-01 8:41 AM

If that happens, leaving the EU will help how exactly? Less money for our Navy and coast guard, chaos at our ports, less access to EU wide security and other databases. We will of course become a less attractive country for migrants to head to as we head towards self inflicted third world status so you might have a point there.

Still spreading that myth that we'll have less money eh *-) ..........

It's pretty obvious the Norwegians think we'll prosper once we leave the EU B-) .........

pelmetman - 2019-03-01 8:47 AM

It's pretty obvious the Norwegians think we'll prosper once we leave the EU B-) .........

No it's not.

Their Sovereign Wealth Fund has more money in it than they know what to do with -

so they are " gambling " some of their loose change on where the U.K. will be in the next 30 years.

;-)

pelmetman - 2019-03-01 8:47 AM

Barryd999 - 2019-03-01 8:41 AM

Still spreading that myth that we'll have less money eh *-) ..........

Dave, nobody really believes we will be better off post Brexit now not even you but your in denial. You can get help for that and I think you need it.

There is more chance of a fifteen year old three legged Nag winning the 2:15 at New Market than there is of the UK economy storming ahead post Brexit.

It’s not about whether we will be better off on not.The EU is changing and not for the better. It’s system does not work for all. There will be all sorts of issues to deal with ,some we haven’t thought of. Never mind Ireland what’s going to happen with Gibraltar boarder. Leading on from that when will Spain give back its colonies to Morocco?

jumpstart - 2019-03-01 10:58 AM

It’s not about whether we will be better off on not.The EU is changing and not for the better. It’s system does not work for all. There will be all sorts of issues to deal with ,some we haven’t thought of. Never mind Ireland what’s going to happen with Gibraltar boarder. Leading on from that when will Spain give back its colonies to Morocco?

Brexiteers are now saying its not all about being better off but that wasnt the story in 2016 was it? We were going to get the best of both worlds. Fantastic new trade deals and keep all the benefits of our EU membership that we have now as they need us more than we need them. Hows that gone so far?

In your opinion its not changing for the better. System seems to have worked pretty well for the UK. We were the sick man of Europe when we joined now look at us. (well until Brexit that is).

Now we have to leave because there are issues that we havent thought of yet? Thats a new one I must admit. As for Gib well that wasnt a big issue before Brexit either.

pelmetman - 2019-03-01 7:39 AM

There's drop in migrants that have automatic access to our benefit and health system B-) .........

Perhaps be useful if you could back up your xenophobic "spin" with some factual figures rather than wild conjecture and assumption all the time. The vast majority of EU nationals came here to work in full time employment, many in the NHS.

jumpstart - 2019-03-01 10:58 AM

The UK's system does not work for all. Do you want to leave the UK as well?

The EU has always changed, and been changing. It is an iterative process. They propose a policy and, if it turns out to be flawed, and to need changing, it get changed. That is how legislatures evolve.

Why should the EU be expected to get it right first time, every time, when every other national or supranational institution fails to do so?

One might equally ask when will the UK give back the Falkland Islands to Argentina? However, just as with Spain and Ceuta, it isn't really relevant to Brexit, is it?

Well we weren’t asked if we wanted to leave uk. We vote for what is in front of us ,not every one will like the result. I voted in 73 for a common market ,we have gone way beyond what I want. So I vote now to leave what will be a Federal Europe.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-03-01 3:11 PM

Perhaps be useful if you could back up your xenophobic "spin" with some factual figures rather than wild conjecture and assumption all the time. The vast majority of EU nationals came here to work in full time employment, many in the NHS.

Get your head out off your own racist ar*e for change *-) .........

The fact is that migration is basically stable at the moment B-) ........

Which has not been the case for years.........so another Brexit bonus in my view B-) ........

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2019-03-01 10:06 AM

Dave, nobody really believes we will be better off post Brexit .

I don't doubt you folk who spend your lives in Remoaner chat rooms think like that (lol) .......

Get a life you sad old remoaner >:-) ..........

pelmetman - 2019-03-01 8:06 PM

I don't doubt you folk who spend your lives in Remoaner chat rooms think like that (lol) .......

Oooh not had the old "get a life" for a while, 2016 I think. "Sad" and "Sado" twice today an all. At least when Im away in the van "touring" I dont spend my entire time on here talking nonsense but then again I dont just stay on a single campsite on the Costa del Brexit. I get about a bit.

Three strikes and your out. Here is a special message from my little Dog "Remoaner".

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2019-03-01 9:12 PM

pelmetman - 2019-03-01 8:06 PM

Oooh not had the old "get a life" for a while, 2016 I think. "Sad" and "Sado" twice today an all. At least when Im away in the van "touring" I dont spend my entire time on here talking nonsense but then again I dont just stay on a single campsite on the Costa del Brexit. I get about a bit.

Three strikes and your out. Here is a special message from my little Dog "Remoaner".

The difference is.......I'm not touring ;-) .......

We live full time in our camper :D ........

pelmetman - 2019-03-01 8:02 PM

Which has not been the case for years.........so another Brexit bonus in my view B-) ........

If as you say it's "basically stable"......then why are you continually crowing about migrants coming to UK?

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-03-01 9:22 PM

If as you say it's "basically stable"......then why are you continually crowing about migrants coming to UK?

Incorrect........ I complain about our inability to kick out foreign criminals and the easy access of EU migrants to our benefit system ;-) .........

pelmetman - 2019-03-01 9:26 PM

Bulletguy - 2019-03-01 9:22 PM

Incorrect........ I complain about our inability to kick out foreign criminals and the easy access of EU migrants to our benefit system ;-) .........

That's an extremely vague statement based on little other than wild conjecture and the odd screechy header from your Daily Xenophobe.

Please cite figures for number of "foreign criminals" and total number of non-criminal migrants into UK. We need to see some credible facts from you to assess balance.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-03-01 9:42 PM

That's an extremely vague statement based on little other than wild conjecture and the odd screechy header from your Daily Xenophobe.

Please cite figures for number of "foreign criminals" and total number of non-criminal migrants into UK. We need to see some credible facts from you to assess balance.

https://fullfact.org/crime/eu-prisoners/

Its interesting to note that the left wing "fullfact" can not themselves provide accurate figure, despite attempting to rubbish the Daily Express's :D ..........

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/823652/Full-Fact-funded-by-Lord-Sainsbury-Brexit-Remainer

Archived