Rugby

Hymer C 9.

Ed just watching the Rugby and commented on the singing of the National anthems both English and French singing and knowing every word and singing with passion, (and Enland have a 5 point start). much better than the wishy washy singing we often have with the football. Carol. *-)

Brilliant result but that notwithstanding, I do not think I have seen England play so well for sometime. The tackles were going in firmly, the suport was there and they were playing for each other.

Both National Anthems were good renditions and I agree that Englands footballers could do well to try and emulate their rugby playing (dare I say) betters.

Glad I'm at work next week so can watch the final!!

Regards MIke

Excellent result. Still a bit disturbed about the national anthem business though. "God Save the Q" is the UK one, so how come ENGLAND use it, but Scotland & Wales have their own? Either all 3 should use GSQ, or England should have a separate one as well (Land of Hope & Glory maybe?)

Tony

Guest Tracker

No no no Tony you miss the point.

If we say anything against the Scots Welsh or Irish we are being racist. Whereas they are all just being independent and autonomous when they slag of the English hand that feeds them.

Not that I'm a racist - just British first and English second.

Tony, yes we should have our own. Theres a lovely folk song called 'Here is to you sweet lovely England' which always bring a tear to my eye.

Secondly, as far as I am aware the anthem of the U.K. is the only one which praises a person. All (most) other countries anthem praise (celebrate) the country.

i.e. 'Advance Australia Fair' 'God Bless America' 'Flower of Scotland' etc

Regards Mike

We watched the game in the bar Boulangerie or the Bakers Arms as we call it, and I had a bet on with the patron for a bottle of champers.

No sooner had the whistle blown than out came the bottle nicely chilled and all the locals cheered Englands victory - they were very magnanimous in their defeat and all wished England well for the final.

They were true sportsmen and women!!

VoH

Archived