Rugby

Guest Le Thou

Guest Le Thou

Am I the only bloke that won't be watching the Rugby tonight,just not that much interested but I do want England to win.

Good luck to the lads

peter - 2007-10-20 9:56 PM

As you all know by now .........we lost, but it was a good hard fought game. Sob, sob. :-(

No, No, we came second!

To be fair RSA were the best team and after the appalling start 5 weeks ago I'm happy to be an England fan again!

:-D :-D :-D

I thoroughly enjoyed the match and I don't generally do sports. I watched it in the bar of a South Shropshire pub surrounded by lots of big young farmer types who were all well into their "rugger". Brilliant atmosphere and a really friendly crowd of lads and lasses. In just over an hour its Lewis's turn to bring home the silverware, COME ON LEWIS!!

D.

I watched the rugby match in a little pub in Kinver with my aforementioned South African friend, Ali.

All I heard all night was Boka Boka Boka (not sure how that translates into Engish *-) )

He was most miffed when the TV was turned off promptly at the end of the game

The landlord's withering look, when Ali demanded to see the cup being handed over was a classic - wished I'd had my camera (lol)

England played well considering we all (well most) had 'written them off' weeks ago. I regret that they 'lost' the match rather than South Africa 'winning' it. 5 penalties England conceeded and 4 of them they need not have done. The only one was when, for the only time really, the 'Boks' were pressuring the England line towards the end of the first half. It was better to give a penalty & lose 3 points than to conceed 5 with a try!.

Did enjoy it though and look forward to an interesting 6 Nations in the New Year.

Regards, Mike

Archived