Sat dish

michele

What's the cheapest Sat Dish Portable that I can buy for France when we are stuck in the trees. Sometimes because of the pitch size its not always possible to turn around

Whats the smallest size I can get away with that will give us Sky in france.

cheers.

Sat dish won't usually work amongst trees. You need a directional arial for best results under these conditions. Sat dish needs to "see" the satelite to pick up signal.

Doh too late again. I'll have to type faster. :D

• 3 months later...

Sorry to but in, hope you don't mind. :-)

Am I right in thinkng that if I get a sky mini dish and a tripod plus my own sky receiver that I use at home, I can have sky chanels in the van?

So to keep the kids happy its just a cse of point the dish in the right direction, hook up to the mains and voila all done??

Let me know if you got sorted, Michelle, then you can point me in the right direction as I think the same system would work for us.

kevandali - 2007-05-23 10:52 AM

Am I right in thinkng that if I get a sky mini dish and a tripod plus my own sky receiver that I use at home, I can have sky chanels in the van?

So to keep the kids happy its just a cse of point the dish in the right direction, hook up to the mains and voila all done??

Yes.

Yes, or get an invertor if you haven't got hookup. You might need a satfinder (look out for an Aldi/Lidl model less than a tenner) as well, as the 'Sky' box is very slow to register dish alignment.

kevandali - 2007-05-23 10:52 AM

Let me know if you got sorted, Michelle, then you can point me in the right direction as I think the same system would work for us.

We use a Sky Minidish on the house and we have no problems at all. We have a Sky minidish on a tripod also for hopefully using when we are parked under trees and can't get a signal from the one on the motorhome roof.

Archived