Seems Like Only Yesterday

Birdbrain

Guest pelmetman

It will become one of those "where were you moments" :D ...........

I was leaping like around like a loony in a caravan in Spain >:-) ..........

Without looking I am going to bet that its yet another echo chamber twitter thread either about the Tory Victory or Brexit D Day or some other such nonsense and I just bet (again without looking) its packed full of responses from pro Brexit and Pro Johnson red faced middle aged men with Ingerlaaand Flags etc as Avatars. I wont look. Just someone tell me if Im right or wrong.

Barryd999 - 2020-01-02 11:37 AM

Without looking I am going to bet that its yet another echo chamber twitter thread either about the Tory Victory or Brexit D Day or some other such nonsense and I just bet (again without looking) its packed full of responses from pro Brexit and Pro Johnson red faced middle aged men with Ingerlaaand Flags etc as Avatars. I wont look. Just someone tell me if Im right or wrong.

In years to come they'll say "where were you when Barry finally got sumat right ???"... Of course you havent looked !!!

Birdbrain - 2020-01-02 12:11 PM

In years to come they'll say "where were you when Barry finally got sumat right ???"... Of course you havent looked !!!

I haven't. Im waiting for someone to tell me if Im right or not. I bet you go and change the link now. I doubt its a trump thread as there are no kisses added or KAKA (or whatever it is) nonsense.

Barryd999 - 2020-01-02 12:53 PM

I haven't. Im waiting for someone to tell me if Im right or not. I bet you go and change the link now. I doubt its a trump thread as there are no kisses added or KAKA (or whatever it is) nonsense.

It's just a clip from BBC announcing result of exit poll on election night Barry.

You are right about the responses.

One says " I felt like we'd won another war ! "

( … another says "we have " )

Presumably people who have never been involved in one.

:-|

Its funny ... All that homework youve done on Brexit for years , campaigning for Labour etc etc and the only time youve been right about sumat is through an alleged guess ... Chuckle , bet your proud

Birdbrain - 2020-01-02 1:43 PM

Its funny ... All that homework youve done on Brexit for years , campaigning for Labour etc etc and the only time youve been right about sumat is through an alleged guess ... Chuckle , bet your proud

What else have I been wrong about? As far as I can tell Brexit has not happened yet so I guess we will find out soon enough if much of what I have said will come true or not.

As for campaigning for Labour I campaigned for just about anyone that had a chance of beating the Tories depending on which seat it was. Thanks to our FPTP system and our pro Brexit pro Tory media it failed spectacularly just about everywhere but that doesnt mean I was wrong to do it, we just lost thats all.

malc d - 2020-01-02 1:09 PM

It's just a clip from BBC announcing result of exit poll on election night Barry.

You are right about the responses.

One says " I felt like we'd won another war ! "

( … another says "we have " )

Presumably people who have never been involved in one.

:-|

They've got a heck of a lot of lies to deliver on Malc.....so they'll have their war when it's found they aren't delivering. All they won was an election based on lies and false promises which Johnson will renege on. Those "northern monkeys" will rise up and rebel when they find they aren't getting what they voted for! (lol)

Barryd999 - 2020-01-02 3:03 PM

What else have I been wrong about? As far as I can tell Brexit has not happened yet so I guess we will find out soon enough if much of what I have said will come true or not.

As for campaigning for Labour I campaigned for just about anyone that had a chance of beating the Tories depending on which seat it was. Thanks to our FPTP system and our pro Brexit pro Tory media it failed spectacularly just about everywhere but that doesnt mean I was wrong to do it, we just lost thats all.

2 quick ones , Labour will be in Government before Brexit even with a monkey in charge and that old beauty No-Deal is dead ... Lordy your other guff in now blaming our FPTP for you and your parties miserable failure at the polls is stomach churning ... Off ya pop Barry , you were wrong the country hadn't changed its mind ... Quite the opposite actually but of course you'll blubber on putting ya spin on why you lost ... Yawn ... "pro Brexit pro Tory media" Boo-hoo , sniffle

Birdbrain - 2020-01-02 5:09 PM

2 quick ones , Labour will be in Government before Brexit even with a monkey in charge and that old beauty No-Deal is dead ... Lordy your other guff in now blaming our FPTP for you and your parties miserable failure at the polls is stomach churning ... Off ya pop Barry , you were wrong the country hadn't changed its mind ... Quite the opposite actually but of course you'll blubber on putting ya spin on why you lost ... Yawn ... "pro Brexit pro Tory media" Boo-hoo , sniffle

How do you know the country hasn't changed its mind on Brexit? 53% of those that voted did so for parties that either opposed Brexit or offered a second referendum. Dont kid yourself that the country has gone Brexit crazy as it clearly has not. Still, not my problem now. Its yours, Johnson and his government. Let the fun begin. No need to put a spin on it. Its just the way it is. We tried and we lost and can now sit back and await our Unicorns and Cake.

Barryd999 - 2020-01-02 5:25 PM

How do you know the country hasn't changed its mind on Brexit? 53% of those that voted did so for parties that either opposed Brexit or offered a second referendum. Dont kid yourself that the country has gone Brexit crazy as it clearly has not. Still, not my problem now. Its yours, Johnson and his government. Let the fun begin. No need to put a spin on it. Its just the way it is. We tried and we lost and can now sit back and await our Unicorns and Cake.

"How do you know the country hasn't changed its mind on Brexit" ??? ...

2016 .... EU referendum ... You lost

2017 ... General election ... You lost

2019 ... European elections ... You lost

2019 ... General election ... You lost ... Heavily

Ye the countries changed its mind ... Move on Barry FFS

Birdbrain - 2020-01-02 5:41 PM

It still doesn't change the fact that 53% of the electorate that voted did so for remain parties or those offering a second referendum. The same or similar applied to the EU elections. Its encouraging as unless Brexit and the new Tory Government are a huge success it wont take much for a large majority in this country to turn against both. Im not obsessed with "winning" like you and Bracket seem to be, maybe you never "won" much in your lives I dunno. The only thing I was ever concerned about was the public having a final say on the Brexit outcome. Well that boats sailed so now we will never know what they might have done given a choice of a no deal Brexit or a crap deal vs remaining. If it turns out to be the crock of sh1t I think it will be then we will all have lost wont we? Well some more than others of course.

Barryd999 - 2020-01-02 11:42 PM

It still doesn't change the fact that 53% of the electorate that voted did so for remain parties or those offering a second referendum. The same or similar applied to the EU elections. Its encouraging as unless Brexit and the new Tory Government are a huge success it wont take much for a large majority in this country to turn against both. Im not obsessed with "winning" like you and Bracket seem to be, maybe you never "won" much in your lives I dunno. The only thing I was ever concerned about was the public having a final say on the Brexit outcome. Well that boats sailed so now we will never know what they might have done given a choice of a no deal Brexit or a crap deal vs remaining. If it turns out to be the crock of sh1t I think it will be then we will all have lost wont we? Well some more than others of course.

The only ones obsessed about winning Barry are you and the losers ... Youve fought for nearly 4 years to have a second referendum or to dump totally the result of the referendum so you could win ... Youve campaigned all over the internet and for the Labour Party for 4 years so you could turn your loss into a win ... Youve been happy for our elected MPs , many dumped now of course to go against their constituents wishes and to re-write the rules just so you could win ... Me thinks the obsession sweet cheeks is a little closer to home ... As for what I have won in my life princess , like many folk Ive won and lost at lifes game at times but when I've lost Ive got up polished myself off and got on with it rather than living in eternal misery and depression in me bedroom

Guest pelmetman

Not according to the Losers Birdy ;-) ...........

They've decided that Losing is the new winning (lol) (lol) (lol) .........

Birdbrain - 2020-01-03 6:29 AM

The only ones obsessed about winning Barry are you and the losers ... Youve fought for nearly 4 years to have a second referendum or to dump totally the result of the referendum so you could win ... Youve campaigned all over the internet and for the Labour Party for 4 years so you could turn your loss into a win ... Youve been happy for our elected MPs , many dumped now of course to go against their constituents wishes and to re-write the rules just so you could win ... Me thinks the obsession sweet cheeks is a little closer to home ... As for what I have won in my life princess , like many folk Ive won and lost at lifes game at times but when I've lost Ive got up polished myself off and got on with it rather than living in eternal misery and depression in me bedroom

Whatever you want to think. I dunno whats happened to you but since the election you seem to have got increasingly bitter and its you that seems miserable. No obsession here or misery and depression. As said I dont need to obsess with "winning". It was never about that for me. As said, nobody is going to "win" from all of this except those you have put in power and their masters and in time perhaps you will realise that although probably not.

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2020-01-03 9:53 AM

Whatever you want to think. I dunno whats happened to you but since the election you seem to have got increasingly bitter and its you that seems miserable. No obsession here or misery and depression. As said I dont need to obsess with "winning". It was never about that for me. As said, nobody is going to "win" from all of this except those you have put in power and their masters and in time perhaps you will realise that although probably not.

Ruddy well cheer up and try to be positive then (lol) (lol) (lol) ..........

Barryd999 - 2020-01-03 9:53 AM

If me daring to question and challenge claims you and the hate squad make is me being "bitter" and "miserable" then so be it ... Two more unfounded insults to go with all the rest you and the squad spew the way of me and Dave ... The rest of your post is guff

Guest pelmetman
jumpstart - 2020-01-03 12:18 PM

Que...pot ...kettle...black.

If the Loser brigade had accepted the democratic vote of the 2016 referendum ;-) ..........

Their delicate little ego's would not be in such a parlous state >:-) ......

The lesson for Losers is..........Don't deny democracy >:-) ..........

Lordy ... The fella who Worzel Gummidge is based on chirps in ... Hear that ??? ... Thats the wind blowing straight through his head from one ear to t'other without obstruction ... Aunt Sally

pelmetman - 2020-01-03 2:23 PM

If the Loser brigade had accepted the democratic vote of the 2016 referendum ;-) ..........

Surely they haven’t.

Guest pelmetman
jumpstart - 2020-01-03 2:38 PM

Surely they haven’t.

No they haven't B-) .........But they've tried their best for the last 3 years >:-) ........

jumpstart - 2020-01-03 2:38 PM

pelmetman - 2020-01-03 2:23 PM

Surely they haven’t.

Hes not called Surely ... Or Shirley

Archived