Seen any strange news stories lately?

Dave Newell

O.K. it seems a strange thing to do(well it does to me) but cleaners entered a locked bedroom to find him, why the hell has this come to court wasting public money? why has he been put on sex offenders role? isn't this supposed to be for predatory offenders? Or have BBC just reported the weird bits and left out some of the story?

John H - 2007-11-16 11:34 PM

Someone singing the praises of your website in this months Practical Motorhome Graham. Brother in Law? (lol)

Can't be John, I've only got a sister in law. Must be just one of my many fans and admirers - also known as discerning people >:-) (lol) >:-)

Graham

Dont get any stranger news than this, the IDIOTS.

This is just one of the dramatic moments from this coming Sunday’s (18 November) BBC TV Top Gear programme when four drivers from the Dunlop British Touring Car Championship are let loose in a whacky motor home race.

The drivers took the track – a banger racing oval, actually – to give their all against the show’s presenters Richard Hammond and James May.

We’ve been asked to stay tight-lipped on the outcome but needless to say it’s essential viewing for all fans of the BTCC.

The award-winning show, which attracts more than eight million viewers, is scheduled to run at its usual slot on BBC2 from 8pm-9pm. BBC2 will repeat the show at 7pm Wednesday 21 November.

The race is the latest Top Gear escapade featuring BTCC drivers. In recent years they have been involved in a similar MPV race around an oval track and then a bizarre match of ‘car football’.

LordThornber - 2007-11-17 10:29 AM Well not so much news but an article in the Daily Mail on Thursday was about trivia. One little gem was this, we share 30% of our DNA with what? A lettuce :D Martyn

Bet the lettuce is really pi55ed off sharing his DNA with us lot....

Guest Tracker
Mel B - 2007-11-17 11:21 PM

Don't suppose he was 30% Welsh and missing his sheep???? :D

I am told that most Welshmen's aim is sufficient not to miss a sheep at close range Mel - but not being Welsh I have no idea what they mean?

Pumpkin Patch, Best Comeback Line Ever:

Dave said its ok

This allegedly was in the Washington Post... the title of the article was "Best Come Back Line Ever."

In summary, the police arrested Patrick Lawrence, 22 year old white male, in a pumpkin patch 11:38 p.m. on Friday night.

On Monday, at the Gwinnett County courthouse, Lawrence was charged with lewd and lascivious behavior, public indecency, and public intoxication.

The suspect explained that as he was passing a pumpkin patch on his way home from a drinking session when he decided to stop, "You know how a pumpkin is soft and squishy inside, and there was no one around for miles or at least I thought there wasn't anyone around" he stated in a telephone interview.

Lawrence went on to say that he pulled over to the side of the road, picked out a pumpkin that he felt was appropriate to his purpose, cut a hole in it, and proceeded to satisfy his alleged 'need.' "Guess I was really into it, you know?" he commented with evident embarrassment.

In the process of doing the deed, Lawrence failed to notice an approaching police car and was unaware of his audience until officer Brenda Taylor approached him.

"It was an unusual situation, that's for sure," said officer Taylor.

"I walked up to Lawrence and he's just banging away at this pumpkin." Officer Taylor went on to describe what happened when she approached Lawrence .

"I said, "Excuse me sir, but do you realize that you're having sex with a pumpkin?"

He froze and was clearly very surprised that I was there, and then he looked me straight in the face and said.....

"A pumpkin? ..... is it midnight already??"

:D :D

How about the one from Saudi Arabia. This is not a joke and I am still having trouble understanding these people.

Girl gets raped by 5 or 6 blokes in a car, they get caught and sentenced toshort terms in jail, but she gets sentenced to 90 lashes for being in a car with someone who she isn't related to! Not only that, she appeals against their lenient sentences and because of that HER sentence gets upped to 200 lashes!

And the bloody government minister for trade tells the Saudis how they share our "World Values". Not mine they bloody don't.

For the life of me I can't understand why we do business with barbarians like these. If the goverment officials, trade delegations and British politicians weren't so corrupt and skimming off bribes we would have some "World values"

And they do it in our names... Bas****s >:-( >:-(

Guest Tracker

Without taking sides or expressing a view maybe the folk who work building the weapons the Saudis love to buy might see the two things as unrelated?

Maybe the best way to bring about change peacefully is gradually through friendship because history suggests that aggression sure don't work?

I do see what you mean Tracker, but if you take that criteria alone you can justify trading or condoning any sort of behaviour, including crimes against humanity or genocide, just because the people doing it are "paying customers". Surely it can't all rest on that, can it?

If I have a fault, (and that's debatable!), it is that I think goverments should have principals, which in the real world they can't of course. If I was in charge we would probably only be trading with Western European countries, and most likely I could find fault with some of them! (Apart from France which has aires and is motorhome friendly, so they would be our bestest friends!)

But back to the topic, did you see the story about Keith Richards writing his autobiography? How can he remember what happened to himself, with the amount of chemicals he has had through his brain! Best band ever though :-D

Its reported today that N.H.S Trusts raised almost £100 million from car parking charges at hospitals etc. for the year 2005/6. Always considered this as an injustice aimed at those often at their most vunerable, and with charges applied as high as £4 a hour, another hardship and worry for many when its least needed.

Archived