Selling a caravan privately-advice sought

louieg

I’m selling my 2017 Lunar Lexon Ultima 590 this spring. Obviously I have been offered derisory sums from caravan dealers for what is an immaculate top of the range special edition, complete with all accessories and awning. How successful has anyone been in selling privately and what websites would you recommend? Also it’s due for its annual service next week, is it worth doing given that I’m selling it? Thanks

Try AutoTrader.

Couldn't find your exact model listed but there's a 2015 Lunar Lexon 590 listed by a Trader at £14,450 which should give some idea where your price bracket needs to be.

Avoid involving brokers who will market it for you but slap a commission fee on, plus after X number of days, bind you into a contract you can't get out of. A private sale is always more appealing to potential buyers.

Personally, I'd have it serviced - if it is is good condition as you claim, it would show you've cared for it, especially as it's due now. If you're in no big rush to sell it, would opt for private sale as you'll undoubtably get more. Do an on-line search for caravan sales to find good places to sell, but Auto Trader as suggested is probably good start.

Archived