She's So Priti ...

Birdbrain

PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND TO BIRDBRAIN'S POSTS

Gentlemen of Chatterbox, Birdbrain has been resorting to side-tracking and provocative posts and throwing insults left right and centre to keep himself active on this (and other) threads, ignoring the widespread criticism he has faced, as if he was our own pestilent Donald Trump, careless of anyone's views other than his own and determined to bluster his way through. It makes no sense to respond to him any way.

I'm not trying to censor him, simply to discourage him from going OTT and behaving so badly towards others. I suggest everyone simply ignores his posts altogether for a couple of weeks to encourage the penny to drop that he should not be so habitually nasty. If you would like to see what he has been posting browse pages 6 and earlier of the Trump's Last Throw of the Dice thread. Birdbrain has eased off on his insults since them but he's replaced with outraged complaining on a completely spurious basis. As you can see from reading this notice all I'm doing is asking him to tell us he's not going to be so nasty from now on.

A few regular contributors have chosen to continue responding to Birdbrain and that's a pity because I think they are likely to be giving Birdbrain encouragement but he is pretty much unrepentant so far and is sticking to his ourage about being persecuted, which of course is nonesense. Everyone seems to agree that Birdbrain's habit of aggressive posts and offensive, gratuitous insulting of people has been awful.

I would therefore ask everyone to consider simply ignoring Birdbrain's posts until he shows us that he will mend his ways. If we all do this for a while he's bound to get the message eventually.

For once something from Cruella that I agree with. However with reservations. Lets hope is not something that bites some of us wildcampers on the backside. Things have been tough for full timers over the Covid crisis. Lets face it the Police are much more likely to have a pop at a bunch of motorhomers huddled away in the corner of a car park than a horde of gypsies.

StuartO - 2021-01-16 5:10 PM

Gentlemen of Chatterbox, Birdbrain has been resorting to side-tracking and provocative posts and throwing insults left right and centre to keep himself active on this (and other) threads, ignoring the widespread criticism he has faced, as if he was our own pestilent Donald Trump, careless of anyone's views other than his own and determined to bluster his way through. It makes no sense to respond to him any way.

I'm not trying to censor him, simply to discourage him from going OTT and behaving so badly towards others. I suggest everyone simply ignores his posts altogether for a couple of weeks to encourage the penny to drop that he should not be so habitually nasty. If you would like to see what he has been posting browse pages 6 and earlier of the Trump's Last Throw of the Dice thread. Birdbrain has eased off on his insults since them but he's replaced with outraged complaining on a completely spurious basis. As you can see from reading this notice all I'm doing is asking him to tell us he's not going to be so nasty from now on.

A few regular contributors have chosen to continue responding to Birdbrain and that's a pity because I think they are likely to be giving Birdbrain encouragement but he is pretty much unrepentant so far and is sticking to his ourage about being persecuted, which of course is nonesense. Everyone seems to agree that Birdbrain's habit of aggressive posts and offensive, gratuitous insulting of people has been awful.

I would therefore ask everyone to consider simply ignoring Birdbrain's posts until he shows us that he will mend his ways. If we all do this for a while he's bound to get the message eventually.

Your double standards stink ... As I have shown on the Fishing thread today ... Yuk

I'm sorry to have to persist with these notices but they are having a useful effect so please stick with me in this. Birdbrain is at least holding back on his insults to others on here (except that he's made me his new target of course, with silly, spurious personal challenges) so please be patient. Chatterbox is not moderated so if we ever want to discourage someone like Birdbrain from behaving like Mr Nasty, this is probably the only way to do it.

Birdbrain likes be outrageous - nothing necessarily wrong with that but he also does it with completely unnecessary nastiness by habitually showering others with personalised insults. Here's an example of how one contributor has described Birdbrain's methods: "The derogatory effeminate insults he uses as 'put downs' against any fm's not on his mates list, 'princess', 'sweet cheeks', 'the sisters', 'haters' etc are very juvenile. His personal snipes against me ("microwave meal for one again") refer to my living alone which appears to amuse him. Quite why he does this i've no idea as plenty of people live alone, but what on earth his peculiar obsession with my grandchildren is all about God alone knows and bringing an fm's grandchildren into forum discussions for no valid reason absolutely crosses the line." Another another example: " Its not nice to call people Fatty, Hater and Loser though Mr Birdbrain. I have to say thats very naughty." Everyone seems to agree that Birdbrain's habit of aggressive posts and offensive, gratuitous insulting of people has been really awful.

So that's why I started posting these suggestions that we simply cut off any responses to Birdbrain until he show's us that he is going to behave better. I'm not trying to censor him or discourage his outspokenness, simply to discourage him from behaving so nastily towards others. Since I started this campaign Birdbrain has actually stopped his habitual insults to anyone who argues with him more or less completely - although of course he has started making me his new target instead and he's trying to maintain an impression that he's not going to change. But he is clearly showing that he's rattled and frustrated, so this campaign of not responding to him and me posting these notices repetitively is working.

A few regular contributors have chosen to continue responding to Birdbrain and that's a pity because I think they are likely to be giving Birdbrain the oxygen of attention which he craves. Chatterbox contributors are perhaps not natural team players but in this sort of case I suggest that we should stick together and stay with it. I would therefore ask everyone to consider simply ignoring Birdbrain's posts, as I have done, until he shows us that he will mend his ways. If we all do this for a while he's bound to get the message eventually. It shouldn't take all that long.

StuartO - 2021-01-17 9:41 AM

I'm sorry to have to persist with these notices but they are having a useful effect so please stick with me in this. Birdbrain is at least holding back on his insults to others on here (except that he's made me his new target of course, with silly, spurious personal challenges) so please be patient. Chatterbox is not moderated so if we ever want to discourage someone like Birdbrain from behaving like Mr Nasty, this is probably the only way to do it.

Birdbrain likes be outrageous - nothing necessarily wrong with that but he also does it with completely unnecessary nastiness by habitually showering others with personalised insults. Here's an example of how one contributor has described Birdbrain's methods: "The derogatory effeminate insults he uses as 'put downs' against any fm's not on his mates list, 'princess', 'sweet cheeks', 'the sisters', 'haters' etc are very juvenile. His personal snipes against me ("microwave meal for one again") refer to my living alone which appears to amuse him. Quite why he does this i've no idea as plenty of people live alone, but what on earth his peculiar obsession with my grandchildren is all about God alone knows and bringing an fm's grandchildren into forum discussions for no valid reason absolutely crosses the line." Another another example: " Its not nice to call people Fatty, Hater and Loser though Mr Birdbrain. I have to say thats very naughty." Everyone seems to agree that Birdbrain's habit of aggressive posts and offensive, gratuitous insulting of people has been really awful.

So that's why I started posting these suggestions that we simply cut off any responses to Birdbrain until he show's us that he is going to behave better. I'm not trying to censor him or discourage his outspokenness, simply to discourage him from behaving so nastily towards others. Since I started this campaign Birdbrain has actually stopped his habitual insults to anyone who argues with him more or less completely - although of course he has started making me his new target instead and he's trying to maintain an impression that he's not going to change. But he is clearly showing that he's rattled and frustrated, so this campaign of not responding to him and me posting these notices repetitively is working.

A few regular contributors have chosen to continue responding to Birdbrain and that's a pity because I think they are likely to be giving Birdbrain the oxygen of attention which he craves. Chatterbox contributors are perhaps not natural team players but in this sort of case I suggest that we should stick together and stay with it. I would therefore ask everyone to consider simply ignoring Birdbrain's posts, as I have done, until he shows us that he will mend his ways. If we all do this for a while he's bound to get the message eventually. It shouldn't take all that long.

Bullies should never win

Barryd999 - 2021-01-16 6:05 PM

For once something from Cruella that I agree with. However with reservations. Lets hope is not something that bites some of us wildcampers on the backside. Things have been tough for full timers over the Covid crisis. Lets face it the Police are much more likely to have a pop at a bunch of motorhomers huddled away in the corner of a car park than a horde of gypsies.

I agree the police will take the simple way but what is the difference between motor-homers or travelers disobeying the rules (?)

teflon2 - 2021-01-17 5:36 PM

I agree the police will take the simple way but what is the difference between motor-homers or travelers disobeying the rules (?)

Come up to the Dales or anywhere on the Appleby Horse fair route up to a month before and you will soon discover what the difference is. A couple of respectable motorhomers parking up in a scenic remote spot in the Lake District is not quite the same as a horde of gypsies descending on a village green, farmers land, sports field or even a hospital car park. They have no respect for law and order and generally make peoples lives a misery, not to mention the clear up costs. I have to pay each year for toilets for them, fencing, costs of clearing up for them and for pop up sites to accommodate them. The only saving grace is they never choose our village or the surrounding fields.

As said my concern having researched it a bit today is just how this law will be used to curtail all our freedoms. Its probably the final nail in the coffin for wild camping in England at least.

Barryd999 - 2021-01-17 5:43 PM

Come up to the Dales or anywhere on the Appleby Horse fair route up to a month before and you will soon discover what the difference is. A couple of respectable motorhomers parking up in a scenic remote spot in the Lake District is not quite the same as a horde of gypsies descending on a village green, farmers land, sports field or even a hospital car park. They have no respect for law and order and generally make peoples lives a misery, not to mention the clear up costs. I have to pay each year for toilets for them, fencing, costs of clearing up for them and for pop up sites to accommodate them. The only saving grace is they never choose our village or the surrounding fields.

As said my concern having researched it a bit today is just how this law will be used to curtail all our freedoms. Its probably the final nail in the coffin for wild camping in England at least.

I have no sympathy for supposed travelers my question was what is the difference between motorhomer or travelers illegally occupying part of a car park.

I've faced down travelers in the past and wound up with the police threatening me with a charge of causing a breech of the peace.

"horde of gypsies" ... Yuk ... They are travellers and defo should not be described in the very racist way you have slurred them ... Shame on you

Birdbrain - 2021-01-17 7:18 PM

I think you will find the only word they object to is Pikey. They dont mind being called Gypsies. That is what they are. How many TV programs have their been with the word Gypsy in the title with participating Gypsies? Loads.

"horde of gypsies" ... Yuk ... They are travellers and defo should not be described in the very racist way you have slurred them ... Shame on you

You and I have to obey the law because we have things that can be taken off us.

If we so much as park on a yellow line, they can fine us.. if we don't pay they will escalate the fine and legal costs and eventually send in the baliffs.

But some people have nothing that can be taken off them.

Their assets are untraceable, and if they take away their caravans the council will be legally obliged to rehouse their women and children.

So what can the police do?

(Bear in mind the jails are so overcrowded people usually come out worse than they were when they went in)

John52 - 2021-01-18 9:01 AM

Any large gathering, including the Appleby Horse fair, attracts all sorts of people, good and bad.

I have been lucky, because everyone I met there seemed nice and friendly.

I used to have friends who lived in Appleby. They had a boat on the same Marina as mine and every year it was on they locked up the house and spent about a week on the boat to avoid it. They dreaded it as did according to them the whole town.

Archived