Sheep

Mick H.

A little while ago there was a thread on here discussing the thinking of some campers to where they park on site. Why they would gather in a little group in a corner of the site. Further to that discussion this is what happened to us this weekend.We were already parked when they came.

Photo one is the view outside our front door.

Photo two.is a view outside back window which is not very good but sufficient to show how close they parked. Adding to this the other side of the offending van is a concrete wall at the end of the site. So between us and them is four feet of grass and between them and the concrete wall is another four feet of grass. I rest my case.

Mick.

1290486691_CampOlive0072.jpg.345949884dc4a9b6c3e42e8bf5a7fbd8.jpg

844048275_CampOlive2.jpg.82997e17ea7af8e4961d764af591561c.jpg

Don't really know what the thinking is. Perhaps I'm just antisocial,and it's the norm. I always have been a desert island type of person.

Mick.

Ps. Sorry about the large photo,dont know why it blew up that much. It's the same size as the other one. Then, size isn't everything.

Nothing wrong with being sociable Mick (or preferring your own company for that matter) but it looks like this lot are taking a bit of a liberty and I would have told them in no uncertain manner to at least stick to the 6m rule.

Fair enough if you are on a busy site and things are a bit tight, and even then I would ask if they minded me squeezing in, but with all that space they either could,nt give a stuff or are just plain stupid and something I would,nt put up with.

Hi ,

Just stand outside you van. Scratch your scalp with both hands. Then scratch you scalp with one hand, and your armpit with the other. Then ribs with both hands....then anywhere else you can think of. Then shout to your wife "Darling is there any of that powder left?"

If that doesn't work, go round to their door, be over friendly, don't take a hint, keep scratching. Ask if they have any powder.........

Mick, totally agree, these numpties defy belief. They must have been penguins in another life. Quite apart from the 6 metre rule, there is the matter of simple good manners and respect for your privacy. The same problem occurs time and again in our travels, but at least with a motorhome we can move relatively easily. The situation seems to be getting worse on CLs, exacerbated by current holiday trends, a tendency by landowners to excede the 5 van rule and to host very long term residents who live full time on site.

The ever-growing amount of equipment a particular type of tugger likes to carry around and set up does not help. Last weekend an MPV and medium sized caravan disgorged a family of five who then set up an awning twice as wide and one and a half times the length of the caravan, a three-man sized tent, an outdoor mobile kitchen plus worktable, a seating area with a huge resin table and five large sun loungers/chairs and a play area with various items of equipment, total pitch size occupied was roughly 170 square metres.......... which in fairness to others, has to viewed as excessive.

Bob

Usinmyknaus - 2009-05-27 9:13 AM

total pitch size occupied was roughly 170 square metres.......... which in fairness to others, has to viewed as excessive.

Bob

Bob, you are my hero, please join my Fairness Party.170m sq, is that all? You want to be careful what you say, you'll get the - "Are you jealous"? brigade, the "each to their own" brigade, etc etc.

In my view, that is just plain over the top, excessive, call it what you like. But here's my real goat getter, (brace yourself Howie), THEY PROBABLY PAID THE SAME B****Y PITCH FEE AS YOU DID!

I'd have had to move for the sake of my blood pressure/sanity/preservation of my non-existent criminal record 8-)

Martyn

LordThornber - 2009-05-27 10:26 AM

total pitch size occupied was roughly 170 square metres.......... which in fairness to others, has to viewed as excessive.

Bob

Bob, you are my hero, please join my Fairness Party.170m sq, is that all? You want to be careful what you say, you'll get the - "Are you jealous"? brigade, the "each to their own" brigade, etc etc.

In my view, that is just plain over the top, excessive, call it what you like. But here's my real goat getter, (brace yourself Howie), THEY PROBABLY PAID THE SAME B****Y PITCH FEE AS YOU DID!

I'd have had to move for the sake of my blood pressure/sanity/preservation of my non-existent criminal record 8-)

Martyn

Martyn,

I liked your quote when you said be careful what you say or you will get the "Are you jealous brigade and the each to their own brigade etc etc" slagging you off, a typical example is Tracker accusing me of being an envious control freak when I related my friends multiple vehicles on a recent thread see (My mate round the corner) totally uncalled for in my opinion.

What annoys me is that it is this kind of selfishness on sites that makes site owners start to charge extra for awnings .... hence those of us with just a small/normal one have to pay extra ...... I get really miffed when you have to pay extra for a towcar when you aren't tking up any more space than a caravan and car.

I think that the fee's for the CC and the CCC, private and commercial are going to go through the roof, I am a member of the CCC and have enjoyed their facilities but I am now going to explore the possibilities of wild camping in order to bring costs down. Anyone out there got any idea's or suggestions? With regard to wild camping the only issue I have is the toilet for number 2's, not tried it yet but would only use it in dire emergency.

Hi,

So what we need is a caravan site with pitches defined with hedges or fences, each pitch equiped with its own tap, hook up, and "dunny".

You know, when I come to think about it ............ :D

Then the site manager could rent you a lawn mover and hedge clippers.

Some of these trailer tents with their awnings and various add-ons including windbreaks are really huge, one particular couple who must have been friends with the couple next door erected their windbreaks in such a way as to stop other campers from walking through, they were told by the campsite warden to take them down for being anti-social.

knight of the road - 2009-05-27 10:50 AM

LordThornber - 2009-05-27 10:26 AM

Bob

Martyn

Martyn,

I liked your quote when you said be careful what you say or you will get the "Are you jealous brigade and the each to their own brigade etc etc" slagging you off, a typical example is Tracker accusing me of being an envious control freak when I related my friends multiple vehicles on a recent thread see (My mate round the corner) totally uncalled for in my opinion.

KOTR ... isn't it at least the 3rd time in various threads (started by you I think?) that you've mentioned your neighbour and criticised him for his way of living though virtually verbatim each time? 8-) What actually IS your real problem with him then?????? (?)

Mel,

Contrary to your opinion I dont have a problem with my mates situation and I am not criticising him, all I did was to relate what he does which not only to me but a lot of people round here think is over the top, but then again its his money, but if you knew the full story you would have second thoughts, the full story cannot of course be divulged on a public forum.

Quite so Malcolm, quite so. Talking of sheep, let me offer my most sincere condolences to all you Man U supporters out there who could only sit and watch as a wonderful Barcelona side played your team off the park.

:-> :-> :->

Howie,

Thanks for your condolences re Man United, but seeing as I am not a footie fan they are not needed, the only thing I can say about Man United is that I was brought up a stones throw from their old training ground at the Cliff, and I had many a pint with Georgie Best in the Old Priory pub which was just opposite the training ground.

And yes I agree with you, they were played off the park, a poor show indeed.

Off topic sorry but perhaps this might put a bit of balance on Malc's comments about his near neighbour. Malc, I'm not saying your neighbour fits with the below comments in any shape or form.

There was an article 2 weeks ago in the LIVE supplement part of The Mail On Sunday and what a superb article it was. It concerned the increased use of the Police powers to seize monies/goods/cars etc which they believe to have been generated from illegal activities.

Note the word "believe". For over the value of £1000 the owner of said goods or cash has to prove that it's rightfully theirs. The article started off with £750K that was found in a sofa and various replastered walls of a house. The money has not been reclaimed.

The article closed with the Police encouraging folk to contact them with any concerns you may have about certain folk having a bit too much "bling" about them, disproportionate number and/or quality of cars to income etc. you get the drift I hope.

So what? Well there's some affordable housing near to where my wife works and upon occasionally taking her to work I've not been able to avoid noticing new BMW's/Jags/Mercs etc at one house.

Live & let live or poke your nose in? Completely innocent or dodgy goings on? Take your pick. Well the Police picked for them, 3 arrests, 5 vehicles seized, over £5000 seized along with a quantity of controlled substances. The house is now empty.

Martyn

Within the last couple of months a big criminal case has ended at Manchester Crown Court with the jailing of several gang members who recieved 25 and 30 years in jail.

The leader of the gang lived on a new estate on the outskirts of Radcliffe nearby me, the house was littered with expensive motors and the trappings of wealth, this particular guy wore enough bling round his neck to sink a ship, he told everyone that he was a van driver.

He could not have attracted more attention to himself had he worn a signboard round his neck saying "I am a drug and gun dealer"

With their jailing there is a void in the gangs and a turf war is breaking out between the Afro-Caribbeans and the Asian drug gangs, watch this space?

Regarding my mate and his motors I will tell him that the neighbours think he is a drug dealer ha ha.

Some months ago the house next to him which is about a 100 metres away was under obbo by the police, someone reported it as a cannabis farm due to the curtains always being closed and the woman occupant acting in a furtive way, it came to nothing the woman is a bit of an eccentric.

Martyn I amd soooo pleased that you reminded me where I had hidden my 750k ... errmmm dimentia setting in ... could you just remind me of the address I stored it in please, so that I can reclaim it. Thank you.

knight of the road - 2009-05-28 9:55 AM

Within the last couple of months a big criminal case has ended at Manchester Crown Court with the jailing of several gang members who recieved 25 and 30 years in jail.

The leader of the gang lived on a new estate on the outskirts of Radcliffe nearby me, the house was littered with expensive motors and the trappings of wealth, this particular guy wore enough bling round his neck to sink a ship, he told everyone that he was a van driver.

He could not have attracted more attention to himself had he worn a signboard round his neck saying "I am a drug and gun dealer"

With their jailing there is a void in the gangs and a turf war is breaking out between the Afro-Caribbeans and the Asian drug gangs, watch this space?

Regarding my mate and his motors I will tell him that the neighbours think he is a drug dealer ha ha.

Some months ago the house next to him which is about a 100 metres away was under obbo by the police, someone reported it as a cannabis farm due to the curtains always being closed and the woman occupant acting in a furtive way, it came to nothing the woman is a bit of an eccentric.

With all that lot living round her cant say I blame her.

Mick H. - 2009-05-30 9:23 PM

knight of the road - 2009-05-28 9:55 AM

With all that lot living round her cant say I blame her.

Mick,

You got it wrong, the gangs were from the east side of Manchester about 10 miles away from her, the leader of the gang lived about 2 miles from her house.

Archived